Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
knocking in the rear of the sprinter Wed, 09 October 2002 11:38 Go to next message
just changed over my supsension from my smashed sprinter into my new one. they are bilstein rears and possibly fronts i dunno cause i couldnt be bothered removing the insert i just changed the whole strut but its definately not stock cause its thinker than standard. also some sorta green lowered springs in the rear and cut stockers in the front.
anywho, the car makes sorta a knocking sound, or a deep rattle in the rear when going over bumps. now the shocks are probably pretty old, are they rooted? should the be re-gassed? are the noises im hearing just the suspension "bedding in" after non use for half a year? or are the noises just other things asociated with lowering a car?
so many questions...
  Send a private message to this user    
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: knocking in the rear of the sprinter Wed, 09 October 2002 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know this isn't the problem but thought its as good a time as any to show how silly I can be.

When I lowered my ST162 celica, when I put the wheels back on I must have forgotten to lock off the nuts on one wheel. Anyway, after driving about 5km's I started hearing a similar sound to what you describe. Turned out to be the nuts had loosened enought to allow the wheel to hit the brakes on the front Embarassed

I felt so stupid.
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
Re: knocking in the rear of the sprinter Wed, 09 October 2002 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may be the bump-stops are stuffed
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: knocking in the rear of the sprinter Thu, 10 October 2002 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bumpstops? never thought of that ill give it a look. but its not that low so i dont think its hitting the stops yet, and this knocking is just on rough roads so not hitting too hard.
and i didnt take my wheels off so the nuts theoretically are still tight Smile
Blacki
Regular

September 2002
Re: knocking in the rear of the sprinter Fri, 11 October 2002 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had the same sort of noise in the front, the shock absorber was bent.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: knocking in the rear of the sprinter Sun, 13 October 2002 11:59 Go to previous message
dont say that!
the car i got the out of is my parts (smashed) sprinter Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CT12 vs CT12A
Next Topic:diff choices
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 05:08:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038220882415771 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.