Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

icon8.gif  SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 03:42 Go to next message
Hey guys, I had a shocker on the way to work this week and now my beautiful celica is stumpy! Some dopey bitch decided to cause a pile-up accident. She smacked a car into me then i was pushed into another.

Just wondering what the hell i do here and how the insurance companies are gonna try work this. The 3 of us were all stationary when she hit. I am royally pissed off too, as u could imagine!

Any advice would be great! Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who ever is the end of the pile up is at fault for all the cars.

hope she is insured
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, the person at the back of the pack gets all the blame.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No doubt they are the ones to blame, but I think you'll find that the insurance companies actually deal out the blame to each of the members of the accident.

EG: the guy who hit you is at fault for hitting you and you are at fault for hitting the guy infront of you.

It comes down to the principle of "you should have been sitting further back so that you didn't collide with the guy infront of you" Cut a short story long, nevermind HOW you did it, you did hit the guy infront of you.

Just be wary that they may pull that line.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 15:43

No doubt they are the ones to blame, but I think you'll find that the insurance companies actually deal out the blame to each of the members of the accident.

EG: the guy who hit you is at fault for hitting you and you are at fault for hitting the guy infront of you.

It comes down to the principle of "you should have been sitting further back so that you didn't collide with the guy infront of you" Cut a short story long, nevermind HOW you did it, you did hit the guy infront of you.

Just be wary that they may pull that line.

but surely they cant apply that idea to stationary cars. that just ridiculous, do they expect people to stop 50m behind cars at the lights?
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You would wonder, particularly in the case of a stationary car, but it more comes down to the idea of insurance companies always trying to shift blame to other people.

I guess they must have some consideration for how hard the idiot that created the problem in the first place was going.
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah these are the major two stories i have been hearing. Thanks for all your help. I hope they dont take forever to sort my car out! It looks shite with a squashed nose. Somehow my intercooler didnt even crack, the bumper bar wrapped right around it but didnt squish it or anything...lucky!

Im hoping they will lay all blame on the person that hit the pack. As people said, it wouldnt be practical to stop and maintain that same 2 second following distance would it?!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sucks man Sad
good luck with insurance companies
the main thing is.. you cant get compensated for all the time your gonna lose because of it
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but you can for your sore neck Smiley =
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naa not at all,,the person who hit the first car is to blame...even if it is the idiots fault up the front who wasnt watching traffic and slammed on their brakes causing the pile up...the only time it is different is if you are the first car to hit them then causing the other cars to hit you...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could always say u were ages back.. but didnt have the brake on(if it was a flat area).. why should you?.. i dont lol
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I was rear-ended the first time (while stationary!) I was at the end of the queue, someone hit another car who hit me. My car was barely damaged but the car behind me (mid 90's Corolla) had been sandwiched & was probably almost a write off...

Anyway the police said the guy who caused the accident was at fault, never mind the fact he did a runner Razz So I couldn't even claim damages off the stupid bitch who actually hit me Mad

I always put my foot on the brake at lights, last time I was hit by another car doing ~ 60kph (me doing 0!) my dash mat went flying & my neck killed for weeks afterwards but the car barely moved an inch Razz
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was under the impression you pay for the car infront of you aswell. Confused
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 23:11

its not
it cant be?
its simple!, would said person have hit the front of the car if not hit from behind?, no.. therefor incident wouldnt have happenned without ze dickhead
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno just from what i've been told. I can see what they mean though, so many people sit up my ass at lights etc. It pisses me off in the mr2 cos i know a small tap and i'll have a new rear bar Mad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 23:27

i dunno just from what i've been told. I can see what they mean though, so many people sit up my ass at lights etc. It pisses me off in the mr2 cos i know a small tap and i'll have a new rear bar Mad

i ahte it to.. especially since the new paint job..
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I live in fear of an ass f#cking from someone who sits right up my ass Mad
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: SANDWICH advice Fri, 24 September 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 23:11

Pretty certain you'll find that IS correct.

Sure the person at the back caused the accident, but the insurance company of the person in front will claim from the insurance of the car that hit them. In turn your insurance company will have to claim it all back from the person at the back who caused it all.. Will probably be a big headfuck..

Good luck getting it all sorted Dylo.. Nice Celicas are getting fewer and further between Sad
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: SANDWICH advice Sat, 25 September 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My bro got hit in the rear whilst waiting at traffic lights. The woman that hit him pushed his car into the one in front. My brother and the car in front were not listed as "at fault". The woman that rearended my brother was, according to AAMI and RACV, completely at fault. Her insurance (RACV) therefore covered the lot and my brother didn't need to pay for anything even though he was the meat in the sandwich.

I don't know if it varies in different states but I know that a lot of people in Victoria still think that it doesn't work the way I described.

Best bet is to ask an insurance company maybe? Do you reckon they'd know? Rolling Eyes
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: SANDWICH advice Tue, 28 September 2004 07:22 Go to previous message
Hi,

My wife got sandwiched a few years ago. A taxi pulled in front of the traffic to pick-up a passenger. The car behind stopped and so did my wife, then a young dude smashed up the back of her and pushed her into the the car in front. Naturally, the cabbie just drove off. Anyway, the dude at the end copped the blame and had to pay for the lot, because, at the moment of impact both my wife and the car in front were stationary and "tailgating" rules don't apply in this instance.

seeyuzz
river
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What I don't reckon? -SIL80-
Next Topic:ta22 with a 2t fuel consumption?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 16:13:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067150592803955 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.