Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » MR2 or Ferrari?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 04:10 Go to next message
http://www.btinternet.com/~adefadero/F355Kit2.htm
Fuck i want one.
http://www.btinternet.com/~adefadero/3555.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 24 September 2004 04:11]

Send a private message to this user    
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most Lambo/Ferrari lookalike kits are shithouse... These however I like.

The fact that you start with a rear engined sportscar to begin with makes it better than the ones based on VW's. The MR2 basically is the right shape anyway so I doubt it was much of a stretch to imagine a Ferrari body on one.

I'd like to see if it is in the correct proportions... I suspect that it will be too high and a touch short.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look man I dont mean to be offensive but I friggen hate any kit that totally transforms the car into something it quite clearly isnt...

Its almost as bad as a kit ferrari that uses some crappy VW engine...

PS the kit car i would drive would be a Clubman, GT40 or a Cobra!
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With that they don't show you the work involved. Yeap anything with a kit on it making it out to be something it aint is bloody pointless.
This has to be a better job. a Suburu Nsx to Ferrari.....
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=54 674&t=54674

[ Beware, not for 56k user's and includes heaps of scrolling ]
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm.... That Subaru NSX looks almost identical to a Honda NSX! Bizarre!!!

I don't mind kits if they actually look like the car they are supposed to. Most of them look stoopid coz they are either too short, too narrow or too tall and they look like ridiculous, ugly little toy cars that you would buy for your 5 year old.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checks202 wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 14:53

i believe its a Honda NSX Razz even though it's pointless, i reckon it looks pretty damn good Very Happy
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love the idea of it. I think it look great and
i would do it in a heartbeat. But i think the kit is a like
6 thousand pounds
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks hot! Cool
http://www.btinternet.com/~adefadero/3554.jpg
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=SIMDOG wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 13:46]Most Lambo/Ferrari lookalike kits are shithouse... These however I like.quote]

i agree

will all have seen some shockers but this one looks sweet
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checks202 wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 14:53

With that they don't show you the work involved. Yeap anything with a kit on it making it out to be something it aint is bloody pointless.

[ Beware, not for 56k user's and includes heaps of scrolling ]

Not what most people would do with an NSX......but WOW - there's some amazing workmanship that went into that conversion! Can't help but admire that aspect of it for sure.

Did yas notice some of the badass vans that were parked in the background? How's the Tarago in this one?

http://ahru.co.jp/usercar/002/stage05/014b.jpg
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i saw that van when this topic was posted before!

P-I-M-P Nod
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a Lucida isn't it? I want the wheelarches and rims off it
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it probably is a Lucida.......I might need to brush up on my knowledge of JDM people movers, lol! Razz

I just called it a Tarago cuz that's what it looked like to me - might even be a Tarago by another name?

-Matt
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucida/Estima... similar to a Tarago, but a bit narrower.
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the mr2 looks hot.

i'd do it in a second if i had the money

chicks wouldnt know the difference Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soarer wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 16:39

Lucida/Estima... similar to a Tarago, but a bit narrower.

Yeah and a heap of cool options! I was looking at getting a Mitsubishi Delica a while ago. Absolutely nuts amount of cool bits standard. Same deal with the Lucida.

That one above looks damn cool.
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pffft, Just build the whole thing from scratch and drop in a 800hp 1UZFTE Laughing

www.f40.co.nz

Hard to believe, but download the videos, it flys!
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon it would be cool to have a kit like that on an mr2, or any other kit on any car as long as they dont have the badges to go with it.
ie. putting ferrari badges on the mr2 = plain ghey
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daemon wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 19:10

Pffft, Just build the whole thing from scratch and drop in a 800hp 1UZFTE Laughing

www.f40.co.nz

Hard to believe, but download the videos, it flys!

Shocked now thats how a kit car should be...faster than the original vehcile it is based on Laughing
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would you believe me if i told you a mini beated a f40?
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok that is like hot
BUT i wouldnt put the badges on i would be proud to drive an mr2 that looked like that so long as it had the engine work to back it up
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

WOW - there's some amazing workmanship that went into that conversion! Can't help but admire that aspect of it for sure.

deffinatly, a lot of work and effort for a awesome result. Smile
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 21:45

would you believe me if i told you a mini beated a f40?

What's a "beated"? Rolling Eyes
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats them subary svx's ey ?

hmm the effort and time ... i think it'd be cheaper to buy the NSX in the first place LOL
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the best ferrari look alike mr2 kit ive seen
and the nsx one is amazing.. i wouldnt do it.. but its bloody sweet
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Fri, 24 September 2004 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admire the effort on the nsx JOB, BUT FUK!

personally i think that looks terrible!!! the NSX is an Awsome looking car when stock! why did he wreck it!! i spose it was just something he probably wanted to do. meh
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sat, 25 September 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would just be for publicity for the company i think.

they would be like: "look what we can do to an NSX, now, choose us to make your batmobile van"

or sumthin like that Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sun, 26 September 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftae86 wrote on Sat, 25 September 2004 23:39

it would just be for publicity for the company i think.

they would be like: "look what we can do to an NSX, now, choose us to make your batmobile van"

or sumthin like that Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sun, 26 September 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The NSX conversion is still pointless the base car costs over $200000 new why not just buy an old ferrari or a new porsche. It's performance is still less than the equivalent used ferrari or porsche. An mr2 conversion makes sense though converting a car that can be picked up for around 20k and converting it, the NSX is way too expensive and thus still pointless in terms of a person getting a ferrari on the cheap, PS the six in an NSX cant scream anywhere near as well as a small ferrari V8.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sun, 26 September 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sun, 26 September 2004 13:13

The NSX conversion is still pointless the base car costs over $200000 new why not just buy an old ferrari or a new porsche. It's performance is still less than the equivalent used ferrari or porsche. An mr2 conversion makes sense though converting a car that can be picked up for around 20k and converting it, the NSX is way too expensive and thus still pointless in terms of a person getting a ferrari on the cheap, PS the six in an NSX cant scream anywhere near as well as a small ferrari V8.

Give it up. Its just a cool project for the shop or a personal owner. I think its cool. It looks a little funky but its just a interesting and different way of car building.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sun, 26 September 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

well.. they could have bought an older model one
which it is.. its not the new generation one..
the flip lights were ditched in 95 i think.. so it makes it a sub 95 model.. which would make it a lot cheaper i beleive
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sun, 26 September 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 26 September 2004 13:56

well.. they could have bought an older model one
which it is.. its not the new generation one..
the flip lights were ditched in 95 i think.. so it makes it a sub 95 model.. which would make it a lot cheaper i beleive

Expecially in japan where they are cheap as chips anyway Wink
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Mon, 27 September 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A fine conversion that F50 may be, I'd rather do the F40 Replica:

http://www.f40.co.nz/f40/images/F40%20Side.jpg

Check the engine: http://www.f40.co.nz/f40/Engine_photo.htm

And the specs on the thing: 800 bhp at 7,000 rpm; 200 bhp/litre.

Krikey!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Mon, 27 September 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that f40 replica is absolute horn Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Mon, 27 September 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark. The guy must wipe his arse
with $100 bills
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Tue, 28 September 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Mon, 27 September 2004 17:56

Fark. The guy must wipe his arse
with $100 bills

Yeah, el bastardos!!

Did you see how the think shakes its rump at pukekohe? I think 800hp may be a tad optimistic, though it's still heller-quick.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Tue, 28 September 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The rear wing is wrong and the front seems to be a little off and if you had that much work done to an engine just buy an original. mmmm twin turbo small capacity V8.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Tue, 28 September 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 28 September 2004 15:48

The rear wing is wrong and the front seems to be a little off and if you had that much work done to an engine just buy an original. mmmm twin turbo small capacity V8.

I think he is replicating the 1989 LM f40 so its actually
quite a good replica.
http://www.fast-autos.net/ferrari/f40lm3.jpg
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Wed, 29 September 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ya - I've seen a pic of the LM racer, and the replica is amazingly accurate. He's also got pix up of it with the road-spec rear wing, and no front splitter lip.

-And it still looks like sex-on-wheels!!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sat, 02 October 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking aT THE PIC of the Lemans racer the wing is still wrong and the front headlights don't come down far enough, look closely my friends and the kit is not so great. The side supports are more upright on the wing of the Lemans racer where as the ones on the kit curl in. Even the bonnet where it starts to come back up is at the wrong angle and ends in the wrong spot.
The front bumper is wrong as it has an extra air vein in it.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sat, 02 October 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look at the van in teh background of this one! Shocked

http://ahru.co.jp/usercar/002/stage12/008b.jpg
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sat, 02 October 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this a new type of rice? just like having a SS sticker on a astra? or vtec sticker on a crv?
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sat, 02 October 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
huh?
how is that ricey
Kashimu
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sat, 02 October 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got 993? Very Happy

http://www.re-amemiya.co.jp/gallery/fd3s/fd_987_o_go/all.jpg
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sat, 02 October 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kashimu wrote on Sat, 02 October 2004 22:14

Got 993? Very Happy

im in love
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sat, 02 October 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Got 993? Very Happy

Looks more like a riced up Mazda Smile but i do like the colour Very Happy

Cheers superaw11.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 October 2004 15:25]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sat, 02 October 2004 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks cool. I likey
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sun, 03 October 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It loooks shit and i think any porsche owner would cringe and retreat at that sight.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sun, 03 October 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rice is the future! until pertrol runs out Confused
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sun, 03 October 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Got 993? Very Happy

thats a chrysler neon isnt it?

and as for the ferrari kit, it looks good, but how could you drive around in an mr2 trying to pass it off as a disproportioned ferrari? you still don't have a ferrari... it seems like ultra rice, even tho it looks cool

look im really tired leave me on
Kashimu
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sun, 03 October 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not a Neon. Its a Gen3 (FD) Rx7 with an official Re-amemiya body kit and other needed mods.

Quote:

It loooks shit and i think any porsche owner would cringe and retreat at that sight.

Lots of Porsche owners prolly wouldn't even know it ain't a Porsche. With the number of dicks that think their king shit with their Boxters out their they prolly think "omg, how come I didn't see this model in the booklet".
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Sun, 03 October 2004 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kashimu wrote on Sun, 03 October 2004 22:46

Lots of Porsche owners prolly wouldn't even know it ain't a Porsche. With the number of dicks that think their king shit with their Boxters out their they prolly think "omg, how come I didn't see this model in the booklet".

Couldnt have said it better myself, porsches are decent cars along most of thier range, the boxter excluded, it is a little poofy convertible that will get eaten for breakfast by a locally produced oil burner (Gen III SS) and people who drive them think they shit pure gold... Laughing

No disrepect intended to anyone that may own one... Smile
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Tue, 05 October 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know it's kinda ugly, but THIS is a kit car! :

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/pics/ugtr71.jpg

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/pics/gtr10.jpg

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/pics/gtr41.jpg

Eh? Eh?

-I'm halfway through painting my Go-Kart trailer in similar colours to that bottom GTR, although a bit simpler....

Which reminds me: gotta go sand-back, and put on the top-coat of white: cyas!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Tue, 05 October 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would be the Ultima GTR I belive it is powered by a 4.6l V8 out of the mustang, there is a new version out and it set the world record for the o-100mph in like 5.9secs. oes 0-100kph in 2.8, I think it's engine is either supercharged or stroked not sure though.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Tue, 05 October 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 03 October 2004 22:46

Couldnt have said it better myself, porsches are decent cars along most of thier range, the boxter excluded, it is a little poofy convertible that will get eaten for breakfast by a locally produced oil burner (Gen III SS) and people who drive them think they shit pure gold... Laughing

The Boxster may not have the straight line speed of the 911 range, but it by all accounts handles like a dream. It didn't win MOTOR's Performance Car of the Year multiple times for no reason Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Tue, 05 October 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 05 October 2004 12:23

MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 03 October 2004 22:46

The Boxster may not have the straight line speed of the 911 range, but it by all accounts handles like a dream. It didn't win MOTOR's Performance Car of the Year multiple times for no reason Rolling Eyes

yeah the boxster S won PCOTY...

Different car all together and another 30 odd thousand i think
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Tue, 05 October 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, it'd be naive to think the Porsche Boxster S is that far removed from the normal model, check out the power figures.

The S has won it twice and the original 2.5l Boxster won it first out.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Tue, 05 October 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The stock boster also won the year it was released I think. But majority of victories have been to the boxster S. I'd rather an M3 for the money though, being a coupe you have far more rigidity in the body too.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Tue, 05 October 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 05 October 2004 11:00

The stock boster also won the year it was released I think. But majority of victories have been to the boxster S. I'd rather an M3 for the money though, being a coupe you have far more rigidity in the body too.

Probably not a lot more rigidity at all. The Boxster has none of the problems associated with scuttle-shake and the like as it was designed from the outset as a topless car.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2 or Ferrari? Tue, 05 October 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
yes but a coupe will always have more rigidity and weigh less because of less cross bracing. Have a look at pictures of a Murceilago roadster and then the coupes engine bay. The roadster has masses of cross bracing thsu weighs more and ruins the view of the 6.2l V12. It would also make servicing the car more time consuming and thus costly too.

Convertibles are for hairdressers anyway
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Got my 86!!! now with the problems
Next Topic:need a quick fix ASAP
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:46:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099968910217285 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.