Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
icon4.gif  Spiget bearing stuck Sat, 25 September 2004 08:28 Go to next message
I have a 2tg and the spiget bearing has gone in the rear main of the crank, i have inquired about bearing pullers and have been told that there is nothing really suit this application, also could no find ANYONE WITH A SLIDING HAMMER( caps) last time it happened i welded it out but would like to opt to anothere way,

My dad has a small aircompressor tool which is sorta used to port heads sorta im sure it has a mini ginder tool what about it if i grinded it out say on both sides and it will fall out. the outer rim is only left.

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sat, 25 September 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe weldin a rod to it ... oxy , but that will ruin your seal

also plenty of lube Very Happy

brett
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sat, 25 September 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pt the engine on a trailer and bring it here. I'll use my $30 bearing puller to remove the bearing housing.
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sat, 25 September 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ta2272 wrote on Sat, 25 September 2004 18:28

I have a 2tg and the spiget bearing has gone in the rear main of the crank, i have inquired about bearing pullers and have been told that there is nothing really suit this application,

what size is yoru bearing puller and i will buy one the same also have you pulled this bearing out before with it?

Jason
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sat, 25 September 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought this bearing puller just for that job.
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sat, 25 September 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what sort or size is can you give me any info?

Jason
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sat, 25 September 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last time I did this, with a 4AGZE, an awful lot of HT grease and wet newspaper (really!) was packed in through the middle of the bearing until we absolutely couldn't pack any more in. then we got a bolt that closely fitted in the hole in the middle of the bearing, stuck it in the hole, and hit it with a hammer. bearing popped straight out.

j.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sat, 25 September 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had trouble with a spigot bush in a 202 once, I just made a makeshift puller out of a bolt a nut and a steel plate. I put the head of the bold through the inner race then jam some bits of wood and shit down beside the bolt, to hold the head to one side (so that the head of the bolt will pull the bearing out) put the other end of the bolt through the plate, space it out with something and screw the nut down the bolt, pulling it (and the bearing) through the plate.

Takes a bit of fucking around but should work for you.

tim.
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sat, 25 September 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slide the hook of a strong tent peg into the bearing hole...grab the other end with vicegrips and hit with a hammer
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sat, 25 September 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wet Card board works well. Pack it in and then hit it in with a bolt, or an input shaft of gearbox (If you have a spare one I do) Done it plenty of times. Just keep packing it in til it pops out.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sun, 26 September 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just remember that the bearing is broken and its only the outer shell thats left.
DanielJ
Regular

July 2002
Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sun, 26 September 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had to change the spigot bearing in my 20V a couple of weeks ago. I ended up with just the outer casing left in. What I did was use my Dremel style tool ($40 Supercheap equivalent) with a grinding stone on the end. I concentrated on one spot until it was almost through the case (stopped and started so it didn't get too hot). From there I hit it with a screwdriver and hammer and it came out in less than a minute.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sun, 26 September 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sand the bit where the bearing has to come out so if you move it, it will be on a clean surface and come out the rest easy, otherwise it'll be a bitch to the end.
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Spiget bearing stuck Sun, 26 September 2004 08:11 Go to previous message
Used a sliding hammer of a panel beating tool and modified one of then end got it out with 5 minutes effort.

thanks guys.

Jason
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:94 Camry Clutch Stuffed
Next Topic:front gearbox seal
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 02:22:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081329345703125 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.