Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Wed, 09 October 2002 15:48 Go to next message
Just wondering what sort of courier or transport company would ship, say 65 kgs of car parts from Melbourne to Hobart, and if anyone has any idea how much that might cost.
  Send a private message to this user    
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Wed, 09 October 2002 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what size is this box as i'll be going to Hobart in about 6 weeks,
but check out http://www.australiapost.com.au

and on the left it has a link called "postage calculator"
frebbles
Regular

May 2002

Re: What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Thu, 10 October 2002 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well a bunch called mainfreight got a 750kg(sceptical) half cut down from newcastle to me in canberra, for around 400 dollars.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Thu, 10 October 2002 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks both of you. All I want shipped is some ma61 semitrailingarms+discs&calipers, both would be about 65kg all up before packaging. I am looking to whether if it is worth getting them from the mainland, or whether it would just cost crazy $$$ and not be worth it.

I'm pretty sure AusPost have a limit of 20kg and don't deal with anything much heavier.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Thu, 10 October 2002 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can't see that taking up much room so the offer i there if you can't find anyone to ship them for you, i'll do it for $20 that pays for maccas for dinner in melbourne and macca's breaky in tassie Very Happy but i would have to be able to pick hem straight up on my way through melbourne.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Thu, 10 October 2002 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, that sounds tops I will find out more. I would gladly pay at least $20!
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Thu, 10 October 2002 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm more then happy to do it as i'll be in hobart anyway. just providing the pick up point is on my way or very near by, also would all the bits fit on the passengers floor?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Fri, 18 October 2002 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I haven't got back to you in so long. I haven't really found out much more, guy hasn't rpelied to my last email yet. I don't know if rear control arms would fit in the back seat area... probably if you didn't have rear passengers.

I might have some other parts from Melbourne I would pay you to bring down. Will email you closer to the date (what IS the date?)

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Sun, 20 October 2002 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
21st november but where abouts would the pick up point be in melbourne?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Fri, 25 October 2002 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry this has taken a while to sort out. He is in cheltenham, Melb, but can drop of wherever is convenient.

I'm really not sure the swingarms will fit in the passenger foot aream but do you think at least a diff would fit somehwere?
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Fri, 25 October 2002 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm i can't picture being able to fit a diff in the car mate, Rolling Eyes
HyEnA^
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Sat, 26 October 2002 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know a mate of mine shipped his 89 Soarer from Perth to Sydney for around $750 with a company called Finemores.
They may do transportation to Hobart.
Try www.yellowpages.com.au for some transporting companies aswell.

Cheers
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: What places freight heavyish stuff interstate / costs?? Sat, 26 October 2002 06:56 Go to previous message
also i think the spirit of tasmania transporting of goods also so maybe if you get them delivered to the boat then you can just pick them up at Davanport, Davenport, devenport however its bloody spelt Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Penrith Toyota....
Next Topic:VIDEOS GALORE :)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 14:58:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052070617675781 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.