Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nuff
Occasional Poster

August 2004
94 Camry Clutch Stuffed Thu, 23 September 2004 11:56 Go to next message
The clutch in my camry is stuffed. It is slipping a fair bit and i think it is on it's way out. The toyota service centre told me it would need a whole new clutch and to get this would cost about 1000 dollars including labour. Is this an accurate price and if not, what should i do to save some money

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 94 Camry Clutch Stuffed Fri, 24 September 2004 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try getting a generic off-the-shelf clutch instead of getting a genuine one, you'll likely save a few dollars doing that. I suspect most of that price is labour though, so the answer is to install it yourself; it will probably cost $300 tops if you DIY.
nuff
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: 94 Camry Clutch Stuffed Sun, 26 September 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How difficult is it to replace a clutch? Is there anywhere u can direct me to that will provide instructions? Also, where abouts can you buy an aftermarket clutch?

Anthor thing was that some sort of hole or wall involving the clutch may have to be remachined due to the clutch rubbing on it and creating hotspots? What are they talking about?
rozz
Regular

April 2003
Re: 94 Camry Clutch Stuffed Sun, 26 September 2004 08:52 Go to previous message
they are talking about the flywheel i would say
u can get an after market clutch from any car part shop
i am getting a heavy duty clutch setup from RPM (thats the brand) and it is costing me $150 bucks but that is trade price so about $200 to $250 plus the cost of getting the fly wheel machined. $50
but it an absolute cunt of a job todo, but i have heard from guys at my work that it can be done with out removing the gear box from the car but just pushing it into the guard out of the way enought to get and the flywheel.

if u take it to a toyota dealer ship 1000 is about right as they will pull the motor out as thats how the workshop manual says to do it.

my 2cents worth
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Paint Issues
Next Topic:Spiget bearing stuck
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:09:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050270557403564 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.