Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
icon4.gif  clutch allignment Mon, 27 September 2004 04:49 Go to next message
I cannot find anyone who has a clutch allignment tool any hints on ligning up the clutch to put the gearbox back, the engine is in the car.
  Send a private message to this user    
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: clutch allignment Mon, 27 September 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive never installed a clutch with a clutch aligning tool.

If you are careful you can line up the clutch disc with the pressure plate using you hands by feeling the gaps on either side and a couple more positions around the clutch assembly and adjust it acordingly.

If the clutch isnt alligned correctly then the box wont go in. I have never had an issue but you must take your time and check it and check it again.

I know it sounds dodgy but it works! Shocked

Jezza
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: clutch allignment Mon, 27 September 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As Rallystanza said, it's fairly easy to allign by eye on the outside of the clutch. Unless it's a button or a multiplate, that is a bit harder...
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: clutch allignment Mon, 27 September 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doesnt sound dodgy the way i alligned the clutch when it was out of the car was just with the culotch plate loose put the box on ligned it up took it off and tightened bolts. but it is a bit of a hard job when you are supporting the 30 kilo's above your head,
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: clutch allignment Mon, 27 September 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about torque settings for the flywheel and the clutch bolts, i know some people just say tight but would anyone know some torque settings, i am good at breaking bolts.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: clutch allignment Mon, 27 September 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for flywheel bolt torque i think its about 70 - 75nm.

Not sure on clutch so I wont tell you!

Jezza
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: clutch allignment Mon, 27 September 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i use my finger as an alignment tool Rolling Eyes

iv never really seen the need for the alignment tool cause with a bit of jiggle and wiggle the box goes in.

if you read the instructions with the clutch it mentions to tighten the bolts until the pressure plate is level. basically on the side of the pressure plate where the bolt goes you will see a metal strip on an angle. when you bolt the plate down the metal strip straightens and flatens out and when it is flat then stop tightening
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: clutch allignment Mon, 27 September 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use a professionally custom made alignment tool, also known as a piece cut off of a broom handle. Cool
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: clutch allignment Mon, 27 September 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most clutch shops have them, can be had for a few bob
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: clutch allignment Mon, 27 September 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also have never used one, and i do on average one a fortnight. i always use my fingers and just look down the middle to see if its alright.
some things you could use are:
broom handle
old input shaft
extension bar with appropriate sized deep socket

but you should be able to do it by feel.
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: clutch allignment Mon, 27 September 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i may just use my fingers what you you do with the broom handle carve the end to it fits the spigot bearing?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: clutch allignment Mon, 27 September 2004 08:52 Go to previous message
well youd want the end to fit the spiggot i guess, maybe about 1cm long, then after that have the size of the input shaft. a whole lot of effort when it takes about 2-3 mins to line it up by eye.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bluewire News
Next Topic:Vent Holes in T50
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:40:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047080516815186 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.