Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Toyota Echo sportivo - opinions...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
madman
Regular

December 2003
Toyota Echo sportivo - opinions... Sat, 25 September 2004 10:54 Go to next message
what do you guys think about these little cars?
they seem nice in the interior and look nice on the outside too.
with a nice suspension set up and rims i think they would be a sweet little car.

can anyone tell me some positives and negatives about these cars? please.

thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: Toyota Echo sportivo - opinions... Sat, 25 September 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there,
Yeah I rate these cars alot, Im sure not many guys do since it aint that well respected but the sportivo has alot of potential. The handling isn't that great however a rear sway bar and a set of coilovers from cusco will make it a good car. The only thing wrong with this car is maybe the lack of power compared to other cars and the price is a bit expensive. For the same price you could get a renault clio sport second hand and if you are lucky even a dc2 integra type r. Its a great car for todays roads since it is fuel economical and comes standard will all the options.
In my opinion the bottom line is that I would get one
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota Echo sportivo - opinions... Sun, 26 September 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone one for body roll, if anyone has 2003 bang for your bucks motor issue go have a laugh, the thing is almost dragging the sills on the ground. They are just a 1.5 stuffed into the smaller car with alloys and a bodykit. My brother has a normal echo and bodyroll is the name of the day, they are way too tall good for headroom not for driving fast anyt which way
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Echo sportivo - opinions... Sun, 26 September 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got an 03 model 5 door echo....its only got the 1.3L but she goes great....and as for body roll you can bearly notice it i think but it dont cost much to fix that if you want.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toyota Echo sportivo - opinions... Sun, 26 September 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHile the IS200 is in the shop, I have been driving the mrs Sportivo for 5 months! It does have body roll, but feels better around corners than say a VT commo, or EL Falcon! Doesnt feel quick, but its actually not too bad, quicker than the stock is200! Best thing, it is awesome on fuel, $35 to fill with Optmax, almost ALWAYS get 570-580km per tank, interior is much better than standard issue, with Corolla seats/trim. Hers is for sale, top of the line, dual airbags, abs, power front windows, mirrors, 5 speed, 4 door, in that funky blue. Has CD Player (OEM), Splits and 6x9's too, as stock stero is shite!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Toyota Echo sportivo - opinions... Mon, 27 September 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look I dont mean to offend anyone here as everyone has thier own tastes but echos are butt ugly, slow and they handle like a wombat, simple as that. I respect them as an everyday driver or a chicks car but you cant seriously consider doing one up Confused

just my opinion
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toyota Echo sportivo - opinions... Mon, 27 September 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always thought they were a bit too hi, but they arent that bad, I mean, I wouldnt buy one for myself, but its perfrect for the Missus, they can be quick littlr track cars also, if you have seen the clip of the Yashio Factory, blitz powered car, you'll understand.

http://response.jp/event/auto-salon2001/image/c5101gw1_1.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 27 September 2004 08:03]

olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Toyota Echo sportivo - opinions... Mon, 27 September 2004 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saw a video with a sportivo echo which had a trd bolt on supercharger kit AND IT HAULED ARSE hehehehe well as much as can be expected but it was impressive
also im not one for ricer but i did see a white one in chatswood dumped on some nice wheels and it looked cool
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Echo sportivo - opinions... Mon, 27 September 2004 11:30 Go to previous message
yes it may not be the first choice for a modderfier but when done right the look the trick and can be made to kill off rex's
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Australia, the AE86 and Drifting
Next Topic:How much does your CTP cost u ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 04:05:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046761035919189 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.