Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
ke70 trouble Tue, 28 September 2004 08:34 Go to next message
Hey all, I have a ke70 corolla I bought for 140$ and I was flogging it down some dirt roads for a while but turned it off after and now it doesn't start. The motor turns over and there is a spark. I have a feeling it may be flooded as my mate went and pumped the accelerater like 10 times when it was off. What do you all think>

It needs a new radiator. How much will one cost from a wrecker?

thanks
Gavin
  Send a private message to this user    
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: ke70 trouble Tue, 28 September 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP

Someone must have some suggestions to get it to start? thanks

How do I "un-flood" it?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ke70 trouble Tue, 28 September 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you smell petrol? when you pull out the plugs are they wet with fuel?
TRU32U
Regular

June 2004

Re: ke70 trouble Tue, 28 September 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummmm i got a ke70 myself, 4K motor? ummmm all u can do is re-core the radiator, as wif the flooding, should be fine, flooding\primeing the car is ok, have you looked at your ignition set? dizzy\rotor, plugs see if theyre in good condition.
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: ke70 trouble Tue, 28 September 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4K motors can cop alot of abuse check that its getting spark.
gr8r-x
Regular

September 2004
Re: ke70 trouble Tue, 28 September 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
serge wrote on Tue, 28 September 2004 21:49

4K motors can cop alot of abuse check that its getting spark.

Quote:

The motor turns over and there is a spark

Read the posts next time. Smile

As suggested, check to see if the plugs are wet. Check the fuel bowl level gauge thingy.... There should be a little window on the side/front of the carby, to show the fuel level in the carby bowl, if it's heaps full of petrol then it's most likely flooded. Easy/quick fix, undo the drain nut on the front of it, or at least that's where I think it is. Fuel will piss out until the carby is drained, put the plug back in and give it another go.

Another thing, could be vapor-lock, 4K's are good at that... I bought a fuel pump because of it one day. Razz

Let it sit for a while, try again tomorrow. If it still won't go, come back. Smile
scano
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: ke70 trouble Tue, 28 September 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to hear mate, i blew my 4K up last week, who ever says there unbreakable is wrong, my holden pulled longer burnouts uphill than the corolla on oil
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: ke70 trouble Tue, 28 September 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys. Im going to take the tools, take off that ugly air filter ont he top and drain the carb. I dont know what else I should do but I guess I'll figure it out. Then i'll prolly buy a radiator from a wrecker. Its worth it.... the car is great fun even on cement roads.... its handles well for what it is surprisingly

thanks
Gavin
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ke70 trouble Tue, 28 September 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey! I paid $70 for one of mine Evil or Very Mad Except I've gone and wasted a lot more on it since... But they're good value, extremely gutless cars Cool
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: ke70 trouble Wed, 29 September 2004 01:38 Go to previous message
heehee.... we all know about spending 10 times the purchase price of our AE71/KE70s now dont we Wink

$300, and still going HARD! 69rwkW and 15.807 1/4mile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what gear box is best 4 a 20 valve in a ae82
Next Topic:Air to fuel ratio
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 20:44:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066380500793457 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.