Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What do people here think of the current model Celica

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr two
Occasional Poster

July 2003
What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 04:22 Go to next message
I wanted to get everyones opinion on:

handling?
performance?
interior (space and quality)?
  Send a private message to this user    
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Dunno about handling or build quality or anything like that about them.

Lookwise however, I think they're boring and look like a dozen other makes and models. I'm sure it's a great car, even though it's FWD, but it looks uninspiring.

seeyuzz
river
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good fanks.... I fink dey r ghey wiv teh aids meself.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Hehehehe... see what happens when us "old school" boys are asked our opinion on new stuff Laughing

seeyuzz
river
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is true.....

Only FWD I would ever own would be a DC2 Integra Type R...

*Puts on his wizard.... errr.... FLAME hat*
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like it, it has styling simular to a lamborgini IMO.
I wouldn't call it a true sports car tho. But i don't think it's trying to be one, what it is, is an excellent car to cruise in. Agile handeling, light zippy and excellent fuel economy. It uses that 2zz-ge 1.8 litre engine that puts out 180HP right? the engine is pretty impressive if you ask me. And Lotus use it in there elise tuned for 190HP if memory serves me. I've heard somewhere it's like an 80's turbo engine.(power wise, and without the fuel guzzeling)

Anyway if i had the money and i lived in the city this would be an excellent car to have. Real shame toyota didn't make an AWD turbo version to compete with the WRX.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 September 2004 08:46]

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 15:46

this is true.....

I agree, The Type R is awesome, but you should know, you have seen the BM DVD's, forgot which issue, but the Celica owns the DC2R on the togue Razz

I dont mind them, shape took a while to get used to, but I think there is potential within, I like the interior of them though.
KRD23Q
Regular

September 2004
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like a deformed ladybug on wheels

I saw one once, that aws the hottest thing id ever seen, it was black dropped wheels ect, all i can remember. I think the number plate was ROKOH or somthin
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 17:49

AE86slut wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 15:46

this is true.....

I agree, The Type R is awesome, but you should know, you have seen the BM DVD's, forgot which issue, but the Celica owns the DC2R on the togue Razz

I dont mind them, shape took a while to get used to, but I think there is potential within, I like the interior of them though.

Yeah, but I would never drive a car to those sorts of limits anyways, so the DC2R would do me just fine..... I would be much happier driving a car that actually looked more 'sporting' than an abortion too.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to hate them,but now i think they are ded sexy..they look soo good with big rimms and the mild bodykit they come out with,put a turb kit on it and you have a beast...
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are SEX ON A STICK compared to the old shape and they have lines that remind me of the st162 86 to 89 celica which is a good thing in my books
aparently they handle alright and can be made to handle in a god like manor if the right mods are applied
but the main thing that gets me horny is its a N/A motor that revs above 8000rpm
gotta love high reving fours
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have had the pleasure of driving one in considerable anger and i found it to be a great little sports car with good potential.
the handling was quite good and the engine loved reving to the redline over and over. if you want a nice sporty good looking coupe then it is quite a good option. Exhaust and airfilter would be a good first move but, then again their is the other sporty coupe i drove. The honda integra type R. Not the new one Rolling Eyes
It was unbelievable. The LSD was so good and the revs were unbeilevable and more torquey than the celica. The sound at 9 grand was so good. oh my ghod.! The seating postion is perfect!
so much better handling and great lift off oversteer.
any way thats my two cents.
Schfifty Five!
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Wed, 29 September 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon they lork unreal, they handle great n they rev their tits off!its great.Power is kinda at higher levels and not really good for power round town, but they do rock for racing! My mates dad is on his 3rd (works for toyota) and they go hard, very hard. Usual mods in terms of handlking, zorst etc and it would be great. Why dont we get a turbo version?

Stupid toyota
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Thu, 30 September 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think they suck huge ass...not because they are a bad car. In fact overall they are quite nice, but the philosophy behind them of making some kind of metrosexual 'sporty' car is complete turd. Give me a GT4 with 195+kW and an active centre diff that looks like the current model Celica and then I will warm up to them Smile

Having said that, I've also heard some less than good things about the engines' (2ZZ-GE) reliability, but that could just be retarded owners not getting a highly tuned engine regularly serviced.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Thu, 30 September 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr two wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 13:52

What do people here think of the current model Celica

They suck ass...

Engine is too small, it was designed with a small V6 in mind, instead it got a 1.8

Looks like a truck drivers ass, thats ugly, unless you go for that sort of thing, and it fills the aura that its a hairdressers car
Mr two
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Sat, 02 October 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting responses.
I didn't put exterior styling in my initial post as it's a personal thing and nobodys opinion is corrent to anybody except themselves.

I like the Integra but the interior is a bit tight for my liking.

Anyways, this thread gives me plenty of food for thought.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Sat, 02 October 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 15:34

Good fanks.... I fink dey r ghey wiv teh aids meself.

do you really talk like this???

i reckon the newer celicas are sorta aimed at a female market, ive seen heaps of women drivin em. but bak in the day (oldskool celicas) if u wanted a fast, stylish car, bought a celica. then the supra came along and the people after a fast, stylish car, bought a supra. the supra superseeded the celica as a 'guy' car. not sayin the celicas are slow though
brett
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What do people here think of the current model Celica Sat, 02 October 2004 12:04 Go to previous message
having driven one - then my Gt4 back to back i found the following.

Vision in the new one is shit - the St18X series has much better rearward view and not such a huge blindspot

Engine - zippy - but no different to my friends current corolla - needed its neck wrung to encite any excitement compared to boosted 3sgte grunt and sheer ballrtearing grip on the road - Liked the gearbox - nice short shifter - 6 grears freaked me about - and you were constandly searching for gears to keep it in that rev range - My st205 Gearbox + factory shifter feels just as sweet - with lesss need for searching

handling - Nicely poised - easy to duck about thru corners - brakes were ample but id feel spirited driving would kill them pretty quickly - but i dont feel it would overly match a Gt4 in the hills unless it was very tight - once again - less torque - needs more power !

Styling - Stock - it looks ordinary - with the TRD bodykit and rims etc it looks horn

Would i buy one - NO ! theres better toyotas for the money

Why?

I can get a St205 group A WRC or lesser group a or GT4 for less change than a new zzt - still have money for powerups - have much better handling , and wilder looks , plus shitloads more grunt to play with - AND have something thats truely a sport ( if compared to another celica ) car worthy of the title
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HKS 1g-gte single turbo manifold
Next Topic:hey all im new
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 22:16:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069630146026611 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.