Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Top five worst movies?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 05:09 Go to next message
Ok guys we have had the top 5 best movies and a late night quizz thingii..Now id like to know what you think are the all time top worst movies you have seen.The only rule is they have to be big budget, not the B grade ones that always intended to be a B grade movie...Ill start:
In no particular order:
Godzilla
Training Day
The perfect storm
Terminator 3
I robot

the last 2 arent the worst ive seen but ive got a mental blank...
  Send a private message to this user    
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does this include movies that are so bad, they're good?
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm naaa..
put it this way
In two sittings I havent been able to get any further than 30 mins into Godzilla
I walked out of Training Day and the perfect storm at the movies
And wish I hadnt of wasted my dosh at either of the last two...
Oh I forgot 2 Fast 2 Furious that is right up there with Godzilla...
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 15:23

Oh I forgot 2 Fast 2 Furious

hated that movie...to fake. Fell asleep after like 45min. The 1st one was good tho Very Happy

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh the first was pretty good,the second had no plot,and was definately shot with a different ending,,i am still trying to work out why the two lead characters kissed but nothing eventuated of it.. Rolling Eyes
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Village
Starship Troopers 2
Weekend at Bernie's 2
Maximum Torque (Bikes do Fast and Furious)
Star Trek 3 - The Search for Spock.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

1 - Snow Falling on Cedars
2 - Princess Diaries 1 & 2
3 - Serendipity
4 - Hearts in Atlantis
5 - Gosford Park

And I can name a million other chick-flicks my wife has made me watch with her.

Don't worry, I'll get her back. She'll be serving me beers and cooking my food while I lougne about like a sloth and spend the day watching Bathurst. And, on the Monday I'm gonna make her watch the original "Planet of the Apes" movies.

nyuk.. nyuk.. nyuk.. Smile

seeyuzz
river

PS: Oh, special mention to "The French Leutanants Woman" - absolute bowl churning drivvle. If you have to see it, I suggest you get one of those big 240V AC screen degaussers and rub it over your head to temporarily deaden your brain, lest it will be permantly damaged after 2 hours of watching this shite.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not a big fan of movies but here is just a quick list off the top of my head - they stand out cuz i either fell asleep or just found myself kicking the floor from getting the shits !

-Eyes Wide Shut
-Vanilla Sky
-Donny Darko
-All three Harry Potter movies (Sorry Pottthead, but only managed to get through 1/5 of each one and fell asleep in a packed cinema)
-Tomb Raider (It would have been the worst if Jolie wasn't playing the part)

thats all i could think of?!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 16:32

Hi,

1 - Snow Falling on Cedars
2 - Princess Diaries 1 & 2
3 - Serendipity
4 - Hearts in Atlantis
5 - Gosford Park

And I can name a million other chick-flicks my wife has made me watch with her.

Don't worry, I'll get her back. She'll be serving me beers and cooking my food while I lougne about like a sloth and spend the day watching Bathurst. And, on the Monday I'm gonna make her watch the original "Planet of the Apes" movies.

nyuk.. nyuk.. nyuk.. Smile

seeyuzz
river

PS: Oh, special mention to "The French Leutanants Woman" - absolute bowl churning drivvle. If you have to see it, I suggest you get one of those big 240V AC screen degaussers and rub it over your head to temporarily deaden your brain, lest it will be permantly damaged after 2 hours of watching this shite.

ROFL........haha

agree agree agree....i had to go through torture the other night with Princess Diaries 2, fark that was pain, i couldn't sleep as well cuz we had to go out after the movie Confused

Has she made you watch Mona Lisa Smile yet? I think you will need to increase the power if this ever gets the screening
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Mona Lisa Smile, eh? Fortunately not yet. The other night, the lovely lady put on "Captain Cockhead and his Freaking Mandolin" (or whatever it's called) DVD. Lucky for me I had been testing out a batch of my home brew and passed out within 10 minutes.

So, the next day, I bought a DVD player and plugged into a spare TV at the far end of the house. Smile

seeyuzz
river
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought donnie darko was a good movie. a bit "too indepth" for most people but it appealed to me.

my 5 worst movies are:

1. starwars ep 1 & 2
2. the princess diaries (my gf made me watch this :'( )
3. anaconda
4. cool as ice (has comical 80's nostalgia but otherwise a pissweak movie )
5. wild wild west
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One being the worst, and the others in no particular order:
1. Picnic at hanging rock
2. Save the last dance
3. Dances with wolves
4. Dude, wheres my car?

not sure on number 5 yet...will get back to you all on that

Sort of off topic, strangest movie i've seen lately was THX1138, found out i've had it on video for YEARS after trying to convince my mum to lend me a bit of cash till next pay day to buy the dvd. For any Star Wars\Indiana Jones\George Lucas fans...its a must see Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
starship troopers 2

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 19:16

starship troopers 2

i've yet to see this
got it on dvd....might watch it tonight and see if its up for my number 5 spot
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats with people bagging good movies? donie darko, training day and village were all pretty good in my opinion. and even if you dont love them the're certainly not WORST five material.come on guys we need some shockers

1. Thunderbirds (what happened to the cool puppets?)
2. Crossroads
3. Conspiracy theory
4. Battlefield earth
5. The whole 10 yards
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some shit movies here, and some other that are alirght, definately not the WORST. training day aint that bad, if im thinking of the right movie. denzel washington?
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In no particular order

- All 3 Lord Of the Rings (nerds unit to defend these 3 crappy' over budgeted monstrosities)

- Timeline (Another Paul Walker extravaganza)

- I robot (I was waiting for the trailers and adverts to end but then the credits started to roll, a 1 1/2 hr commercial)

- Terminator 3 ("She'll be back" trying to bring back a famous phrase? you failed)

I was so pissed off after think about all the money i had wasted watching all these shitty movies that i couldn't think of any other bad movies, but I am filled with rage.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how different is ship trooper 2 from 1 cause i've seen one and i think it's wikid?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dood you got issues if you can be "filled with rage" over some poor movies Laughing
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hate all harry pothead and the stoned philosopher, lord of the rings, and startship troopers 2 isnt as good as number 1 Very Happy
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also got dragged to Lost In Translation,that was utter crap...
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BY far, THE worst movie EVAH has to be

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I liked that movie, in a way. I liked how they mated the old movie into the new one. It was a poor mans version of Hercules Returns
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 29 September 2004 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. Dances with Wolves
2. Water World
3. The Shipping News
4. Johny English
5. Anger Management
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Top five worst movies? Thu, 30 September 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hate any movie where little kids save the world Twisted Evil

never go to watch them coz they piss me off too much Razz
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Thu, 30 September 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicago! i kept fastforwarding to the actual story line,prob good if you can handle musicals tho,but i cant so it gets half a star... Twisted Evil
dgale86
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Top five worst movies? Thu, 30 September 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fi ve_shitty_movies

those and zoolander Smile
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Top five worst movies? Fri, 01 October 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have got 2

Chasing Amy
2Fast2Furious
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Top five worst movies? Fri, 01 October 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wait wait wait, theres a starship troopers 2?

OMGWTFBBQ!

*runs off to get it*.

Firstly let me say that some of you dont know what a good movie is.

Training Day, Donnie Darko, Serendipity & I, Robot in a list of the worst movies ever?. lol wtf? Id rate a few of those up there as top movies! Whoever said LOTR should be banned from watching movies for the rest of his life.

I wont include movies that are so bad they are good. These are just ones that are bad; I have more than 5..

1. The Villiage (possibly wouldnt mind it if I didnt see the previews for it which made it look like a completely different movie)

2. Battlefield Earth.. (......)

3. Broken Arrow (sigh)

4. Anything with Hillary Duff or The Olsen twins

5. North by Northwest (Dont you just love how some films are critically aclaimed classics and then evan tho you see them 4or5 times you fall asleep just before you die of frustration of the strupidy of scenes)

6. Catwoman. (no I havnt seen it, I rate it from the previews)
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Top five worst movies? Fri, 01 October 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73: you liked fast and the furious but didn't like training day??? what sort of faggot are you?

same goes for dimmy77_03

Godzilla,
Kung pow
Jeepers creepers
Chronicles of riddick (watched not expecting much........ and got it!!)

Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Top five worst movies? Fri, 01 October 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Catwoman was really bad, got a copy from a mate at work. The editing is awful, cutting to five different angles while she is doing a flip, you can't fucking see what the hell she is doing. Same when they are talking. In about 2 seconds of actual dialogue they cut between the two people about 5 times. On top of that the storyline is utterly insignificant. Cosmetics company selling face cream that can damage your face. Oohh ahh watch out call in the X-men.

Mario Bros and Street Fighter were also horrible. Sure most movies based on games suck, but these ones are at an even lower level.

Can't think of any other really bad films at the moment though.

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Top five worst movies? Sun, 03 October 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 19:29

THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 19:16

starship troopers 2

i've yet to see this
got it on dvd....might watch it tonight and see if its up for my number 5 spot

oh
its official
starship troopers 2 is pure trash
just finished watching it then
i had to make myself watch it...so horrible...it wasnt even the good kind of trashy b grade film
such a waste
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Top five worst movies? Sun, 03 October 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoever said LOTR is one of the worst ever is obviously just fishing.

I can understand "I didn't appreciate it", or even "overrated", but to say it's one of the worst is just wrong
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Top five worst movies? Sun, 03 October 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zoolander
running on empty
spiderman
dodgeball
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Sun, 03 October 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems the nerds are beginning to unite to defend this crap-o-thon known as lord of the rings, i stand by what i said, it should have stayed a trilogy of books
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Top five worst movies? Sun, 03 October 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. Any and all of the LOTR movies
2. Any and all of the Harry Potter movies
3. The village... movie was dead boring till 5 minutes before the end.

Quote:

whoever said LOTR is one of the worst ever is obviously just fishing.

I can understand "I didn't appreciate it", or even "overrated", but to say it's one of the worst is just wrong

i didnt apreciate it, it was ovverated, and on top of that, ridiculously long, boring, and the way some of the characters look, gives me bad dreams. Just not my type of movie, i guess.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 October 2004 14:30]

Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Mon, 04 October 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basic
Extreme ops
Spiderman
Tomb Raider
The man who knew too little.
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Mon, 04 October 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry_omega wrote on Mon, 04 October 2004 16:09

Extreme ops

I was gonna say that but didnt think anyone else had seen it Laughing
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Top five worst movies? Mon, 04 October 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 18:56

Sort of off topic, strangest movie i've seen lately was THX1138, found out i've had it on video for YEARS after trying to convince my mum to lend me a bit of cash till next pay day to buy the dvd. For any Star Wars\Indiana Jones\George Lucas fans...its a must see Smile

Can anyone tell us how many times Lucas has used "THX183" in his movies. Apparently it's been in quite a few. Just used on labels and stuff. I can start with American Graffiti where it was on a number plate.

mynameisrodney wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 21:38

1. Thunderbirds (what happened to the cool puppets?)

Refuse to watch ANY Thunderbirds without marionettes, it's just not on.

Oh and the worst movies

1 Anything Harry Potass
2 Anything Disney, animated or otherwise
3 Fast n Furious
4 Driven
5 Anything Kevin Costner
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Top five worst movies? Mon, 04 October 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in no order:

End of days.
Blair witch project 1 + 2
Big fish.
Finding nemo
the mummy -1 +2
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Mon, 04 October 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zoolander kicks ass. LOTR over-rated but not worst ever.
sorry i forgot about The worst ever movie when i wrote my last post. everybody ready

#1 - the adventures of baron von munchousen - saw when i was chucking a sickie from school like 10 years ago. by the time it finished i actually did want to throw up. (i wouldnt bother looking for it i heard a rumour that all copies were hunted down and destroyed)

chris
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Tue, 05 October 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys..over the weekend i have had to endure probably the two worst chickfliks ever...Perfect Score and CAMP,absolutely the worst ever movies...ever!!! avoid at all costs!!!
XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Re: Top five worst movies? Tue, 05 October 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 04 October 2004 21:24

in no order:

End of days.
Blair witch project 1 + 2
Big fish.
Finding nemo
the mummy -1 +2

Yep, we have a winner for me. Dudes, LOTR is like number 3 best movie for me, i loved em, but my number 5 most hated is the matrix sequals, talk about a lotta bullshit, they were terrible, but number 1 is awesome
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Top five worst movies? Tue, 05 October 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Similar to the original Star Wars trilogy vs the new offerings. How could have Star Wars gone so wrong DAMN YOU LUCAS!!!
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: Top five worst movies? Wed, 06 October 2004 04:56 Go to previous message
Don't know about 5 but the worst ever has to be:

http://images.google.com.au/images?q=tbn:yk-TtND7F3IJ:posters.up.online.fr/posters/img/jason_x.jpg

This movie is so bad, if you haven't seen it you should, just to witness the WORST MOVIE EVER.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Amazing Zoom Amazing Picture(s)?
Next Topic:The Official Illusion Thread
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:27:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012090921401978 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.