Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
civic vs r33 **RAIN** Wed, 22 September 2004 12:43 Go to next message
on the way home i come across a set of lights which had a r33 and a new model civic (the tallish one).. as soon as it hit green, the civic flys off while the r33 wheel spins and struggled to catch up if it ever did Confused both looked very stock, it seems when ever i see a r33 they tend to suck

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/03/civictyper04_02_800.jpg
civic was like dis so did the r33 even have a chance?
  Send a private message to this user    
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Wed, 22 September 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i doubt it would have been a type R civic like the one in the pic. I dont think honda brought the type R to australia.

correct me if im wrong Confused

but i agree - R33's do tend to suck (but thats my opinion Razz ).
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Wed, 22 September 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes probly not a typeR but like a VTiR? couldnt see in the rain, at 1st i thought it was a echo Confused
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Wed, 22 September 2004 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i mean civic VTi! (no R) or Indy 2000ish model
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Wed, 22 September 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R33s go pretty quick (or the one I raced did). engine has loads of potential
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Thu, 23 September 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VT3C f0r l1fe
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Thu, 23 September 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 23 September 2004 12:55

VT3C f0r l1fe

lol
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Thu, 23 September 2004 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 4ac 86 beat a non turbo gts 33 in the rain....

for the record...honda jazz does 1/4 mile in 16.6 secs which is pretty darn quick! not bad for a 1.5 Shocked, but honda smells
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Thu, 23 September 2004 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeeze thats no bad i betya the r33 driver would have been very upset Laughing
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Fri, 24 September 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 02:17

for the record...honda jazz does 1/4 mile in 16.6 secs which is pretty darn quick! not bad for a 1.5 Shocked, but honda smells

How about the jazz in the september wheels which has the integra type r engine in it. I think its by Mugen and has 191kW.

Found it, its actually called a Fit Dynamite in Japan

so if a Jazz can do a 16.6 1/4 with 81kW, imagine one with more than 200% power of a standard car...

Thats not smelly at all.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Fri, 24 September 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 11:08

truenosedan wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 02:17

How about the jazz in the september wheels which has the integra type r engine in it. I think its by Mugen and has 191kW.

Found it, its actually called a Fit Dynamite in Japan

so if a Jazz can do a 16.6 1/4 with 81kW, imagine one with more than 200% power of a standard car...

Thats not smelly at all.

still syands that a std one is
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Fri, 24 September 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Thu, 23 September 2004 22:41

rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 23 September 2004 12:55

VT3C f0r l1fe

lol

I concur
Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Mon, 27 September 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a friend of mine has a k20a (new integra engine) in an EG civic (the roundy one)

scary!
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Mon, 27 September 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your average turbo r33 only does about a 15.5 sec 1/4 mile, so no they arent that quick. Nice 1st gear but then not all that crash hot. The Jazz are pretty good. Had one surprise me the other night... Not that it won... Smile
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Mon, 27 September 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftae86 wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 23:54

but i agree - R33's do tend to suck (but thats my opinion Razz ).

I tend to agree. excluding GTR ofcourse. I put a 33 gtst too shame with my st162 swap! Evil or Very Mad
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Wed, 29 September 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha so its not just me that finds it easy to beat R33s!

The other day i lined up next to some P plater dude with his gf in the car. Both got the same sort of launch, but by 3rd gear i was starting to slightly get ahead, slowed down at 130 and waited for him to pass but he wouldn't.

I know i'd be pissed if my $25k turbo skyline got beat by a '95 Golf Razz
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Wed, 29 September 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would too, cuz golf's r POS
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Wed, 29 September 2004 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lyle-act wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 12:46

haha so its not just me that finds it easy to beat R33s!

The other day i lined up next to some P plater dude with his gf in the car. Both got the same sort of launch, but by 3rd gear i was starting to slightly get ahead, slowed down at 130 and waited for him to pass but he wouldn't.

I know i'd be pissed if my $25k turbo skyline got beat by a '95 Golf Razz

only 130? did you reach it really quickly? i reach 120 fairly quickly in my 90 corolla csx and most ppl i try and race go well beyond that except i can't because the engine struggles after that lol
not that i race to try and win i race because it's fun and love pushing my car Smiley =
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Thu, 30 September 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha ok Les, judging from your post you are obviously very SMARTS and i wont argue with your "golfs are a POS" remark. You obviously drive a very quality car.... lol... Rolling Eyes

I usually go till 100kph then drop off cause im so sketchy about police. Basically i go, FIIIRRRSSSTTTTTTTT..... SSEEEEECCCCOOOONNNNDDDDD....... fifth. Tis not hard to hit 220... i just dont like to because of the state my suspenion/tires are in. Laughing

*shrug* im happy with it, i havn't done any mods to it, yet i can beat most stuff down Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 30 September 2004 06:16]

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Thu, 30 September 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh okie dokie fair enuff
i have no traction at all
lol it was raining the other day and i had wheel spin for literally two seconds and then a bit later on my wheels locked up and slid and i was fighting the wheel to stay on my side of the road
luckily nobody was nearby
it's quite the death trap Smiley =
but i've beaten an mr2
the same mr2, twice Smiley =
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Thu, 30 September 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lyle-act wrote on Thu, 30 September 2004 16:14

haha ok Les, judging from your post you are obviously very SMARTS and i wont argue with your "golfs are a POS" remark. You obviously drive a very quality car.... lol... Rolling Eyes

I usually go till 100kph then drop off cause im so sketchy about police. Basically i go, FIIIRRRSSSTTTTTTTT..... SSEEEEECCCCOOOONNNNDDDDD....... fifth. Tis not hard to hit 220... i just dont like to because of the state my suspenion/tires are in. Laughing

*shrug* im happy with it, i havn't done any mods to it, yet i can beat most stuff down Wink

was just playing mate Smiley =) hehehehe

i drive a laser ok and used to have a rice burner too !
kyler
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Fri, 01 October 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh I'm a 33 gts-t driving diehard Toyota fan (couldn't afford a TT Mk4 Sup) here so I won't place down any bias towards the Nissan.

As of 4 weeks ago anyone could have taken me out in the rain. Even stock excels as my tires were complete sh!t and almost completely bald. I would lose traction if I stepped on the throttle IN 4TH!!! This is a stock gts-t with bad tyres (got new ones now $200 each ewwww).

If I was to line up against said CIVIC, regardless of the power of my car I would have been done because guranteed he's running near new rubber compared to who knows what on the gts-t.

There is no way a Civic will win against an R33 Gts-t if they had the same condition tires, or if it was dry. Agreed, stock gts't are far from high performance but they're in an entirely different league to that POS of a civic Laughing

But yeah, the gts-s driver was to blame here not the car. If his tires were shit he shouldn't have bothered trying, otherwise he was a lamo driver who can't control his traction properly.

Peace out Toymodders...
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Fri, 01 October 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might have just been a gts.... if r33 ever came out in n/a
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Fri, 01 October 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kyler wrote on Fri, 01 October 2004 11:37

Heh I'm a 33 gts-t driving diehard Toyota fan (couldn't afford a TT Mk4 Sup) here so I won't place down any bias towards the Nissan.

As of 4 weeks ago anyone could have taken me out in the rain. Even stock excels as my tires were complete sh!t and almost completely bald. I would lose traction if I stepped on the throttle IN 4TH!!! This is a stock gts-t with bad tyres (got new ones now $200 each ewwww).

If I was to line up against said CIVIC, regardless of the power of my car I would have been done because guranteed he's running near new rubber compared to who knows what on the gts-t.

There is no way a Civic will win against an R33 Gts-t if they had the same condition tires, or if it was dry. Agreed, stock gts't are far from high performance but they're in an entirely different league to that POS of a civic Laughing

But yeah, the gts-s driver was to blame here not the car. If his tires were shit he shouldn't have bothered trying, otherwise he was a lamo driver who can't control his traction properly.

Peace out Toymodders...

its exceptionally hard in a manual aswell compared to an auto
i can wheel spin 4th in rain off boost
its just stupid and i try not to even drive in rain
as for 200 each being bad.. mine were 280.. i never wanna have to buy tyres again
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Fri, 01 October 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh tires... luckily my brother paints wheels for a living so he can get me tires at cost. I got some BFGoodrich Sport for $185 each. Thought i'd try something different to faulkens or pirellis for once. ^_^

Yeah i cant imagine a GTS-T being very good in the wet, hell any rear wheel car with half decent suspenion scares me in the wet! Hang it out every where! haha
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Fri, 01 October 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lyle-act wrote on Fri, 01 October 2004 17:08

heh tires... luckily my brother paints wheels for a living so he can get me tires at cost. I got some BFGoodrich Sport for $185 each. Thought i'd try something different to faulkens or pirellis for once. ^_^

Yeah i cant imagine a GTS-T being very good in the wet, hell any rear wheel car with half decent suspenion scares me in the wet! Hang it out every where! haha

mine scares me in the dry on a cold day..
wet is pointless
i wouldnt try drag anyone either
id probably kill someone
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Sun, 03 October 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look, ive seen a rav 4 beat a v8 maloo ....

1 word

traction Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Sun, 03 October 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Sun, 03 October 2004 21:04

look, ive seen a rav 4 beat a v8 maloo ....

1 word

traction Razz

i wish i had traction
1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd can be rendered useless with too much throttle/boost
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Sun, 03 October 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which rav4, the big one or the small ones, cos the big ass 4dooors are 2 heavy.... took one on with my sr5 with sexy results Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 03 October 2004 13:04]

kayot1k
Regular

July 2003

Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Thu, 07 October 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm since we're steering away from civic vs r33.

was wondering how a map 4agze stock Vs r33GTST stock will be?

4agze in an ae92 hatch body.

just asking cus im getting a transplant soon and promised that ill run my mate with a super cool r33GTST series 2 once all was done.

Very Happy
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: civic vs r33 **RAIN** Thu, 07 October 2004 18:58 Go to previous message
i reckon u will beat him good!depends on the drivers too thou Wink.

btw as for traction in the wet. My celica GT2 Laughing Laughing Sad 4th gear 80kmh put my foot down, front went into other lane, and the back kicked out! Surprised

I LOVED iT! Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 07 October 2004 18:58]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Aw11 vs *LOL*
Next Topic:NSX gotz nothin on the Silly!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:48:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010692119598389 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.