Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Black drops on ground from exhaust

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
andrewa
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Black drops on ground from exhaust Thu, 30 September 2004 04:31 Go to next message
1) When I turn on my car and let it warm up, I come back and I notice little black dots out of the exhaust on the ground?

2) Dont know if this has anything to do with it but the car is drinking alot of petrol also.

- car is EFI

Any idea's?
  Send a private message to this user    
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Black drops on ground from exhaust Thu, 30 September 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you drive your car the exhaust produces black fumes and residue which collects on the inside of your exhaust system...

When you start your car in the morning or after the exhaust has had a chance to cool down, the warm exhaust gases exiting the exhaust cause condensation which also collects with the black residue on the inside of your exhaust pipe.

Because this residue has oil particles in it and water doesn't mix with oil, then the condensation travels along the exhaust without really gettin stuck to the black residue, it just sort of takes on the black colour.

It then drops out your exhaust pipe in its black liquid state and causes the black drops on the floor. Its all normal but may get worse the older the exhaust is. Brand new exhaust just drops out pretty clean water.

I think that answer will suffice.

Your car may be running a little rich causing the excess fuel usage and it will also increase the collection of black in your exhaust system.

Jezza Cool
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Black drops on ground from exhaust Thu, 30 September 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds to me like you are running "fooly rich mate".
Smile
Do you have a check engine light ? What error codes is it throwing up ?
Otherwise, you are off to Ultratune for an EFI check/service methinks.......
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Black drops on ground from exhaust Thu, 30 September 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me thinks I shoud get an EFI service to as mine does this very same thing.

anyone recomend some where good. Don't want any old joe's working on the beast
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Black drops on ground from exhaust Thu, 30 September 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

TheStitt wrote on Thu, 30 September 2004 15:49

Me thinks I shoud get an EFI service to as mine does this very same thing.

anyone recomend some where good. Don't want any old joe's working on the beast

Yeah, try SAS - they're supposed to be good with EFI. Besides, they're a sponsor now, so can check out what deal they can give you.

seeyuzz
river
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Black drops on ground from exhaust Thu, 30 September 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine does this REAL BAD.... the exhaust is only about 3 months old too.... ae86drift and Youngy can attest to the black mark on the wall where my exhaust blows onto when I warm it up... If you hold your hand behind it, the tiny drops are liquid and look like oil, but if you leave them for a second they go really dry.

Perhaps I should connect that o2 sensor Confused
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Black drops on ground from exhaust Thu, 30 September 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't go getting too many of those drops on your skin, that is the black oil from the X-Files that infected Mulder and nearly turned him into an alien symbiote.

Dude - you are running fully rich, do the environment, the oil reserves and your hip pocket a favour and hook up the O2 sensor and get the thing tuned !
Smile
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Black drops on ground from exhaust Thu, 30 September 2004 07:04 Go to previous message
It is tuned very well..... I think it's just a matter of not having the sensor hooked up.... That's what you get for listening to people who tell you "bah, doesn't do anything anyway..." Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:rough GVM on RN41 hilux with alloy tray
Next Topic:1JZ ring gear tourque settings
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:11:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074889659881592 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.