Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
1jz fuel questions Thu, 30 September 2004 03:02 Go to next message
I did a search and have been told that if you are using a programmable ECU which I plan to that you shouldn't use a rising rate regulator and that the stock fuel pressure is about 35psi.

So the next question is: I have a Bosch 040 fuel pump which seems to be rated between 400-600hp depending on where you look. I think it was about 110L/hour. I also have 550cc injectors. I don't have a surge tank. I have 10mm fuel lines. Will this pump be enough or will I need to add another? It is intank.

thanks
Chris
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz fuel questions Thu, 30 September 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's 110L/hour then yes, you'll definitely need another! My pump is 255L/hour and it's good for around 500hp.
Bentt
Regular

May 2003
Re: 1jz fuel questions Thu, 30 September 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 30 September 2004 13:02

I did a search and have been told that if you are using a programmable ECU which I plan to that you shouldn't use a rising rate regulator and that the stock fuel pressure is about 35psi.

So the next question is: I have a Bosch 040 fuel pump which seems to be rated between 400-600hp depending on where you look. I think it was about 110L/hour. I also have 550cc injectors. I don't have a surge tank. I have 10mm fuel lines. Will this pump be enough or will I need to add another? It is intank.

thanks
Chris

From memory 040 will flow 200+l/hr... so it will max out your injectors before pump will run out of flow...
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: 1jz fuel questions Thu, 30 September 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have an an 044.. it wsa supposedly able to support around 500hp (like my cars ever gonna see that figure) but the stock fuel regulators on 1jz apparently have a knack of stuffing up... ive seen 2jz with malpassi rising rate regulators
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz fuel questions Thu, 30 September 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok it seems that my initial figure of 110L/hour was absolutely way off! And I did get it from a website somewhere.

Anyway, it is 235L/hour. So would I be correct in saying that it can flow 3.91L/minute. My injectors (6*550cc) can flow 3.3L/minute. Now from all the stuff I have read the 550cc injectors can support around 600hp. So therefore the 040 can support that much also? The only thing is that the 235L/hour was quoted at 5bar. Isn't that a bit high?

thanks
chris
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz fuel questions Thu, 30 September 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just had a look at this site and it was quite helpful. http://www.supras.nl/view.php?page=modsFuelPump.ht m

in the table about half way down the page there is a bosch 984 & my pump is about half way between that and the Walbro 255. Will this be enough for my 550cc injectors and should I run a rising rate regulator or not?
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 1jz fuel questions Thu, 30 September 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This may help

kw(at engine) x 8 = cc/min
so pump kw rating is cc/min divided by 8

so if pump is 235 lph thats 3.91 lpm
which is 3910 cc/min
3910/8 = 488.74 kw

however it depends on the pumps rated pressure .so the flow rate may be measured at zero restriction a 3910 cc/min pump should flow around 3200 cc/min at 40 psi

which would be 400 kw which is 536 h.p

to convert engine h.p to rear wheel for TOYOTA (TRD estimates)manual multiply by 0.85

or auto multiply by 0.77

so for auto should be good for 300 kw @ wheels at worst

The only reason to use a rising rate regulator is to squeeze more fuel through the injectors . with 550 cc injectors you would only want to use a rising rate regulator is if you need more than 6 x 550 cc injectors can flow

or if you WITHOUT the advantage of an aftermarket engine managment system .want to increase fuel flow as boost increase therfore effectively altering the factory fuel map . forcing it to run richer as more boost is applied

to convert injector flow to engine kw

simply divide each injector flow by 7 then multiply by the number of cylinders

SO 550 / 7 =78.57 * 6 = 471.4 kw @engine
which is 362 rwkw

if you are NOT going to exceed this you are better off with an adjustable but not rising rate regulator.this gives you the ability to vary the flow to suit

With aftermarket managment you can simply use the ecu to set the fuel map . So a rising rate reg is best used on stock ecu .
But only where MORE fuel is needed .

[Updated on: Thu, 30 September 2004 09:46]

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 1jz fuel questions Thu, 30 September 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry just read the 5 bar rating .all they are doing is giving a flow rate at a pressure of around 72 psi

in SOME application they may run very high pressure. so at 45 psi it will flow even more so yes you will have heaps of flow

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz fuel questions Thu, 30 September 2004 10:29 Go to previous message
Thank you very much Paul! That is exactly the information (and the answer Smile) that I was looking for.

that means that after I get my injectors cleaned tomorrow I can whack the inlet side of the engine back together on the weekend! good stuff! Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cluth Pedal Rubber
Next Topic:does this screw adjust idel?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 05:00:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053448677062988 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.