Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » DOUBLE points - Long weekend !

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Thu, 30 September 2004 14:02 Go to next message
Started 2 minutes ago i believe ... drive careful fellow toymodders !

Send a private message to this user    
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Thu, 30 September 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't geddit. I have to go to work on Friday, why the hell should I have to drive slowly too?

...damn rules grumble cops mumble no fun grrr mumble.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Thu, 30 September 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got flashed by one of the camera's on the highway between bris and nsw on the way home..
but it was a 110 zone and i was only going 97???
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Thu, 30 September 2004 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fucken cunts. They shit me to tears. Mad

Why the fuck is it that wheneva holidays rolls around
people just go mad! Pricks crashing everywhere driving like fucken idiots just to get to some looser caravan park or something. Fucken not worth driving at all.
What is with holidays turning everyone into shitty
dangerous drivers. Morons not taking rests on the longer trips on highways allowing there concentration to wonder can change your life in an instant. Can't stand it!
hmmm
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Fri, 01 October 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Fri, 01 October 2004 09:21

i got flashed by one of the camera's on the highway between bris and nsw on the way home..

you sure it was your car that got flashed, maybe someone next to/slight in front/slightly behind you?? Smile

haha Evan mate you should have seen some of the crazy driving i witnessed on the M5 in Sydney this morning, i went into the City to do some deliveries for work at like 6:30am, so it was a crawl all the way to the city, but on the way back it was flowing well, and it was pissing down, some of the heaviest rain ive driven in, and i was doing just under 100km/h and being pretty careful seeing as visibility was damn poor, and there were semis coming past me in the fast lane doing 120+, mind you there were cars and shit too doing it, but fuck i couldnt see more than 100metres in front cos of the spray and rain, and these guys are just flying along, on double demerits mind you too, but yeh its not just on double demerits, its everyday, you see some crazy shit when youre on the road all day. Shocked

[Updated on: Fri, 01 October 2004 07:05]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Fri, 01 October 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Fri, 01 October 2004 17:04

you sure it was your car that got flashed, maybe someone next to/slight in front/slightly behind you?? Smile

haha Evan mate you should have seen some of the crazy driving i witnessed on the M5 in Sydney this morning, i went into the City to do some deliveries for work at like 6:30am, so it was a crawl all the way to the city, but on the way back it wasd fowing well, and it was pissing down, some of the heaviest rain ive driven in, and i was doing just under 100km/h and being pretty careful seeing as visibility was damn poor, and there were semis coming past me in the fast lane doing 120+, mind you there were cars and shit too doing it, but fuck i couldnt see more than 100metres in front cos of the spray and rain, and these guys are just flying along, on double demerits mind you too, but yeh its not just on double demerits, its everyday, you see some crazy shit when youre on the road all day. Shocked

not 100% sure but the other cars werent that close
i dunno at all 'ey.. i just dont like being flashed Smile..
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Fri, 01 October 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The m5 is always gay that time of the morning. It was also really gay this afternoon.
Semis really scare me, especially when they behave like that, they are supposed to be professional drivers.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Fri, 01 October 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For not wearing seatbelt: Fine + 6points = HARSH
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Fri, 01 October 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
People who who don't wear seat belts fucken diserve it.
Its not hard. I put it on without even thinking about it,
so i don't understand it when other people don't.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Fri, 01 October 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the long weekend occasion?
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Fri, 01 October 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The revenue long weekend.
What don't you celebrate it?
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Fri, 01 October 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
queens bday i think
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Fri, 01 October 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we had the queens bday long weekend a few months ago
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Sat, 02 October 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's Labor Day weekend, so we get a public holiday. Smile
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Sat, 02 October 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck da queen
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Sat, 02 October 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Fri, 01 October 2004 09:58

people just go mad! Pricks crashing everywhere driving like fucken idiots just to get to some looser caravan park or something. Fucken not worth driving at all.
dangerous drivers. Morons not taking rests on the longer trips on highways allowing there concentration to wonder can change your life in an instant. Can't stand it!
hmmm

I think the prob is that they only report deaths during the holiday periods. If they reported how many deaths occur all throughout the year they wouldn't have as much of an impact.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Sat, 02 October 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i dont put my seatbelt on i feel vulnerable, i always put it on without thinking. besides, it helps hold u in. and i hate it when i ride in a REALLY old car and there are no seatbelts, coz those are usually cars with shit suspension, and vinyl seats too so u slip everywhere.

buckle up ppl Wink
wolf
Regular

June 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Mon, 04 October 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Sat, 02 October 2004 11:41

Evan wrote on Fri, 01 October 2004 09:58

hmmm

I think the prob is that they only report deaths during the holiday periods. If they reported how many deaths occur all throughout the year they wouldn't have as much of an impact.

Yeah, don't you hate it when they choose the info they present? I've seen this in a number of places. However it is only a small amount in comparison to American organizations and media... But it's still bullshit.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2004 13:54]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Mon, 04 October 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take it easy guys ...

So what are the casualties for fellow toymodders ? I hope we got a 0% strike rate with the coppas this long weekend...

Razz
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Mon, 04 October 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It could be that the copper set his camera to 90 to catch any speeding P platers.

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Mon, 04 October 2004 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol would they really bother?
i know in my area there are places where you can do 130 and it's totally safe
and my road is one of those HUGE ones and you can probably fit 5 cars side by side at least except because it's residential it's a 50km/h speed limit
it's really funny how so many ppl gun it down there that the cops really can't be bothered
i hear at least 2 sets of sirens going off a night and the cops themselves speed so much
twice i've been speeding (got ahead of the pack first so no risk of an accident Wink ) and in the opposite direction a cop car has come past me and i've been like "OH SHIT!" but they themselves speed so regularly they couldn't tell lol
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Mon, 04 October 2004 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend got done once though it was pretty funny
on my road in the middle of the night you can pretty much take any car you want to its top speed
and my friend i think was probably only going at like 70 but he was accelerating and then from out of nowhere a cop car pulls out and hunts him down
the cop had actually parked his car between two cars on the side of the road and was literally lying in wait for someone to speed
did he catch a skyline? mr2? integra?
he caught my mate in his datsun lol
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Mon, 04 October 2004 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Mon, 04 October 2004 23:56

take it easy guys ...

So what are the casualties for fellow toymodders ? I hope we got a 0% strike rate with the coppas this long weekend...

Razz

Half my licence (6 points) and a $208 fine Crying or Very Sad

6:00 Sunday morning, going to my mate's place to get his Hilux ready for the show.... No-one else on the road (Gore Hill Xpressway).

Ghey wif teh aids.

I'm happy though. He was Hwy Patrol and we all know what they are like with modded cars. All he did was look at the tyres. If he had opened the bonnet or asked about the Sparco's I woulda been fucked on.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Tue, 05 October 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
compared to other long w/e's i thought the police activity was damn quiet. i was delivering pizzas fri-sun and i saw hardly any police on the road. the only speed trap i passed was on parra rd after leaving the show on sunday.

but i have noticed that the double demerit w/e's bring out the worst in drivers, almost got taken out a couple of times by people just merging across lanes without indicating. i'm guessing that they were too involved in looking at thier speedo to check thier mirrors
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Tue, 05 October 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Tue, 05 October 2004 10:44

i'm guessing that they were too involved in looking at thier speedo to check thier mirrors

This is my theory exactly. The problem is they scare everyone into keeping under the speed limit so much, that you are forced to constantly look at your speedo. This in turn breaks concentration and IMO leads to a percentage of accidents. I stand by my point of view that speed doesn't kill, driver stupidity/lack of skill does. I remember watching one of the guys behind the campaign trying to say that it was working.... His exact words were "Pedestrian fatalities have decreased". And when questioned about the rate of death in accidents thought to have been caused by speeding since cameras etc had been implemented, he just said "Pedestrian fatalities have decreased".... He had no answer. Fkn bullshit.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Tue, 05 October 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremy!

sux dude! man.. that would have been just before I saw you.. I am suprised you were not more grumpy! lol

anyway... yeah.. feel for you man OUCH!

no ticket here (as far as I know)

people SO drive like IDIOTS on the long weekend.. it's like nobody can remember how to drive..or anything for tha tmatter I got in the WORST mood just driving from Epping to Baulkham Hills most crazy ridiculous action going on around me! It's like the Eastw00d had spread to the rest of Sydney.

(I totally chopped some Subaru Liberty who wanted me bad.. zorst wheels etc etc... lol.. I even gave him a 2 car headstart before I booted it haha - my good point in the story)
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Tue, 05 October 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Wazzat matter fellas!

I'm always after a bargain and 2 points for 1 is a good deal. I went thru every red light I could and went over double the speed limit, just 'cos it's such a bargain. Now, all I gotta do is see if I can convert them to Flybuys! ::

nyuk.. nyuk.. nyuk..

seeyuzz
river
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Tue, 05 October 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Tue, 05 October 2004 11:05

Jeremy!

sux dude! man.. that would have been just before I saw you.. I am suprised you were not more grumpy! lol

anyway... yeah.. feel for you man OUCH!

no ticket here (as far as I know)

people SO drive like IDIOTS on the long weekend.. it's like nobody can remember how to drive..or anything for tha tmatter I got in the WORST mood just driving from Epping to Baulkham Hills most crazy ridiculous action going on around me! It's like the Eastw00d had spread to the rest of Sydney.

(I totally chopped some Subaru Liberty who wanted me bad.. zorst wheels etc etc... lol.. I even gave him a 2 car headstart before I booted it haha - my good point in the story)

Yeah Rob, it was the same morning..... To be honest, I really didn't give a shit.... I got caught, it was ghey, but what can I do? I was just glad he didn't have a good look over my car. I was polite, addressed him as Sir, he gave me a ticket, looked at my tires and let me go. No use crying over spilt milk.

Another reason why it didn't piss me off was because I haven't had a fine in about 5 years and I guess it's high time I got busted.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Tue, 05 October 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Tue, 05 October 2004 09:28

Les wrote on Mon, 04 October 2004 23:56

take it easy guys ...

Razz

Half my licence (6 points) and a $208 fine Crying or Very Sad

6:00 Sunday morning, going to my mate's place to get his Hilux ready for the show....

I know of at least one other Toymods member who copped the same on his way to the show..
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DOUBLE points - Long weekend ! Tue, 05 October 2004 12:20 Go to previous message
finney wrote on Tue, 05 October 2004 10:44

i'm guessing that they were too involved in looking at thier speedo to check thier mirrors

can someone pull results on the last 10years of the ammount accidents have risen on double demerit long weekends then compare them to a 10yr span of accidents before the double demerits?

Im actually interested to see the comparison. Because The theory I guess is, more cars on the road, more ppl traveling, more drinking/partying. But I mean.. how does more people on the road lead you to drive with less care? It should be; drink and drive over the longweekend and instantly have your license suspended...

Because I too have noticed ppl generally driving silly over longweekends, not indicating.. braking hard when not nessesary.... driving too slow and almost causing accidents (merging onto highway at too low a speed).... I think drivers are focusing too much on whether or not theyre breaking the law rather than just being in a relaxed controlled concentrating state on the road ahead.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Koool ol skool wheels (WEDS), never seen em before!
Next Topic:1UZ-FE For Sale ? and Prices
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:08:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062539577484131 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.