AuthorTopic
kirknz007
Newcomer

September 2004
AE85 Levin 4 sale Tue, 14 September 2004 20:52 Go to next message
i have a 1984 Toyota Levin AE85 for sale
it is standard and in great condition
make an offer
if you have any questions or want to make an offer email me on imbiggerthenbig@hotmail.com
  Send a private message to this user    
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Tue, 14 September 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hatchi go! Smile
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Wed, 15 September 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it a 2dr? or 3dr?
I see you are in NZ!?

i'll test the waters with $3000 for 2dr
less for 3dr.

still running 3ac i assume.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 08:03]

Todd
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Wed, 15 September 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
call me stupid but wats the difference between a 4ac and 3ac
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Wed, 15 September 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Todd wrote on Wed, 15 September 2004 18:41

call me stupid but wats the difference between a 4ac and 3ac

Well stupid its simple see......
oh shit i don't know either. Smile
driftymcgee
Regular

April 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Wed, 15 September 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AC 1.6l
3AC 1.3l ( i think )
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Wed, 15 September 2004 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what i thought....whats involved with bringing it over??? more info on the car please....sunroof??? pics???
FRESH
Regular

August 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love to see sum piks son.
wats da price range ur looking at pending on piks i say 3000 also
Quote:

Wise man say: Don't test Depth of Water with both feet!
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftymcgee wrote on Wed, 15 September 2004 19:22

4AC 1.6l
3AC 1.3l ( i think )

3AC in the Tercel we used to have was 1435cc according to the owners manual.

AZAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftymcgee wrote on Wed, 15 September 2004 19:22

4AC 1.6l
3AC 1.3l ( i think )

the hachi go is 1.5l hence the "AE85" model number
so next time someone calls a aus spec sprinter a hachi-go tell them to stick it in their eye...

[Updated on: Thu, 16 September 2004 05:46]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"hatchi go" means 85 Rolling Eyes
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"hatchi go" means 85 which is ae85 just the model before the ae86. guess we still dont know if its a hatch or a coupe.. what a mystery
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
north island or south
AZAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its hachi not hatchi Rolling Eyes
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm... i must be stupid then, i thought hachi go meant a levin and hachi roku meant trueno :S
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it aint a 3AC its a 3AU and is 1.5L..
shonen
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thug_immortal wrote on Thu, 16 September 2004 18:53

hmm... i must be stupid then, i thought hachi go meant a levin and hachi roku meant trueno :S

Japanese counting 1-10
1= ichi
2= ni
3= san
4= shi
5= goh
6= roku
7= shichi
8= hachi
9= kew
10= dew

spelling may not be correct..hehe
hence hachi roku means 86 and hachi goh means 85.....
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool reply ... i learnt something today... Smile thanx dewd!
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont quite get japanese counting, some times they use different words for numbers

eg, number 4, instead of shi, they use yon
and i think for 7 they use hap or something instead of shichi
kirknz007
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Thu, 16 September 2004 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey it a 1.5L i thought it was a 3K-U but i could be wrong.
its white and il put sum pics on there as soon as get sum on my computer.
im in the north island of new zealand. palmerston north.
it as had a new gear box and clutch cable.

genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HMM YESS

so... r u looking at big money cause its a jap car?
or small money cause its a crap car?

remember this is an australian forum, so keep freight in mind.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why would anyone goto the effort to import a car that is identicle to the one that we get except for the engine?
FRESH
Regular

August 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probly because sum ppl are on drugs
kirknz007
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im looking 4 good money 4 it not to high.
its not a crap car it is 1 of the best car to drift in.
they r gettin hard to find now so they r worth a bit more.
make me an offer
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it have rear wheel disks and stock lsd? if not then its worse than the australian bretheren
FRESH
Regular

August 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyone noes wat sprinters are capable of bro no need to remind toymods. how much u want nyway
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FRESH wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 13:16

probly because sum ppl are on drugs

ae85 are rare, if it isnt the hatch, even rarer, 3a-u is efi and made 88hp, lots more than 4a-c, very very similar to ae86, weight a lot less, almost ALL ae86 parts are interchanable, and they are "imports" now there is a pretty word lol, freight from nz would kill the idea of it, but yeh, i think people are scared of being called itsuki, i think u r u drugs thinking ur vn is cool!

intensevil how does that make it worse?? rear discs on 86's are shit anyway...
FRESH
Regular

August 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first off son ur gunna spend muney on the unpopular version of a sprinter so stop somking ur grandmas toe scrapings. And what are you currently driving around that you can bad mouth my VY smashing VN??? get ur head outta your toilet bowl and think before you type shit
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FRESH wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 14:18

first off son ur gunna spend muney on the unpopular version of a sprinter so stop somking ur grandmas toe scrapings. And what are you currently driving around that you can bad mouth my VY smashing VN??? get ur head outta your toilet bowl and think before you type shit

ok first off my grandma is dead, so perhaps i get a fooly off tap omagawd seek moite VN Commode and do "the biggest one wheel burnout in the whole world, over her grave till i dig into the soil and i get down to he emciated skeleton and see if she has any toe scrapings left so i can smoke them... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

unpopular?? cos they are unpopular in initial d?? they sold plenty in japan they are "unpopular" here cos they never came here..i drive an aus spec ae86, i dont claim it drags every car on the road, it doesnt have a liverpool exhaust, it doesnt have a custom interior and it doesnt have neons, u must realise that u say my vn beats xr8's vy's this is a toyota forum no one gives a fuck, vn's are the quickest commodores too bad the suspension and brakes couldnt keep up, im only bad mouthing your vn cos u crap on about it, it would be like if i was like my s15 drift battle smashing 86....i would look like a wanker, sorta like you, actually exactly like you

as for vy's i have driven a magna and a vy back to back and the magna was far quicker...so good achievement.... Rolling Eyes

it smells in the toilet, kinda like your posts... Rolling Eyes

if u hadnt noticed i was trying to help this dude sale and you were hindering it!

do u even have an 86 yet? u have replied to every post that had 86 in it, including super old ones...have a think mate..
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all i was trying to get at was that if importing was involved it would be pointless, because u can cut out the import costs and just buy an aus spec. If it was bieng bought locally then its a totaly different situation, for the right price it could be a bargain
FRESH
Regular

August 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man a magna always comes up best over a commodre or falcon big woop as for the liverpool exhaust comment dnt insult me if there are bodgyier ppl in exhuast out there let me no. sorry bout ur grand ma. but man seriously ur braggin on bout this car as if it fell from heaven itself man. have i got an 86 im buying one for $600 bucks ram that up ur intake pipe wanker. and no its not fuked its a stoker yeh but hey cant go wrong for $600. ive raced camrys magnas and avalons and so wat they can beat a 1800kg commodore mine only weighs about 1200kg now so hmmm lets see great comparison u made wit they VY and Magna. do u no wh i post in every thread wit an 86?? its because i actually make the effort to buy one. thats how u get wat u want by askin. u have a sad sad lil life on ur hands son. comparing real life to a cartoon. there has been many cars dat dnt make appearances on intial doesnt mean there too rare for the show or too good to be on it. has a corona been on it no. is it rare no
is it a super beasty car. HELL NO. shutup spastik
FRESH
Regular

August 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank ou intensive as i said im buying a 86 for 600buccks aight no importing needed for the same fun and outcome why imort sumthin u can get here
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bragging about this car, i was only helping his sale, as you were hindering it,

wow u have an ae86, finally!
$600 is a good price, i believe that it isnt fucked

u post on like a perth thread and ask for pics, etc, and then say if only u were closer/cheaper/cleaner/faster....

comparing real life to a cartoon? i was comparing u to initial d

you are the "spastik" one that cannot spell spastic.... Rolling Eyes
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont be mean to fresh Twisted Evil
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firstly,

the ae85 came with a 3AC not a 3au efi jobbie. ie. 1.5litre
they are pretty much the same as the aus spec ae86's. ae85's have the open diff, solid disc front, drum rear, crap interior, no power mirrors or windows, and no climate control...etc

i am pretty sure some ae85's came with a cable clutch too and no rear swaybar.

so a aus spec ae86 would be a better place to start. i've also heard the ae85 lacks some structural rigidity compared to the ae86.

if this is a trueno though u could get some good money from it. although you would have to account for the freight cost to aus.

Secondly,

Stop arguing about falcons, commodores and magnas. its like arguing about whos shit smells the worst. Twisted Evil

truenosedan, why do u say that the rear disks suck? have u driven a ae86 around a track with rear disks? sure theyre not the biggest disks out there, but they dont fade as much as the s series or t18 drums.

If wont have a 3k, if it did it would be called a ke85

[Updated on: Fri, 17 September 2004 07:25]

genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So WTF? is this a 2dr or 3dr?
Can u provide me with an idea of import cost to Adelaide?
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate text me your number to +61418883399
going to nz in a weeks time to collect a rally car staying in auckland north will meet up and take a look
by the way is it a sedan or a hatch
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
talking about the unpopularity of ae85's

UEO's first d1 car was an ae85

so there
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for people with NO background watsoever and a presuming incorrect squagale wash..

http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/mode l_name_comparison_chart.htm
shonen
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 17 September 2004 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 01:00

i dont quite get japanese counting, some times they use different words for numbers

hehe yeah it is quite confusing.....
but one set of numbers is used when your refering to order...ie yon would be used for 4th...and hap for 7th....
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Sat, 18 September 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WRONG toyota dont list a part number for an aus spec 86!
some of that info is wrong but not a bad guide
kirknz007
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Sun, 19 September 2004 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im so confusd lol
i was offered NZ$2700 for the car.
i will try and find out some importing costs
and yeah its the stock ae85 with the drums and shit like that.
all the D1NZ boyz are coming to my town soon so i might just try and sell it there if no1 is going to make a offer.
kirknz007
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Mon, 20 September 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and im pretty sure its SR model so that makes a 3 door.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Mon, 20 September 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 18:09

mate text me your number to +61418883399
going to nz in a weeks time to collect a rally car staying in auckland north will meet up and take a look
by the way is it a sedan or a hatch

Shocked Thanks for letting me know Irish!!!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Mon, 20 September 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt-AE86 wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 20:28

for people with NO background watsoever and a presuming incorrect squagale wash..

http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/mode l_name_comparison_chart.htm

ahh what i like to see.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Tue, 28 September 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AZAE86 wrote on Thu, 16 September 2004 18:48

its hachi not hatchi Rolling Eyes

umm actually no
when you write japanese in roman character (ie. english) it can be chi and be written as tchi or chi
it's pronnounced the same either way but the character actually comes from the T line in japanese hiragana
that's
ta tchi tsu te to
(consonant t + a vowel, except japanese can't say tu so it's tsu)

so please don't roll your eyes when you're not correct yourself

hachi-roku literally means eight-six not eighty six
the same goes for hachi-go : eight-five not eighty five

thing is, i don't know if people started calling it this because of initial d or if it was already called this
eg. in initial d they refer to the lancer as lan-evo because they didnt have naming rights, just like the TRUENO is called a TORENO for similair reasons
either way, it will forever be called a hachi roku in japan Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 01 October 2004 05:29]

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AE85 Levin 4 sale Fri, 01 October 2004 05:41 Go to previous message
shonen wrote on Sat, 18 September 2004 03:02

Intensevil wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 01:00

hehe yeah it is quite confusing.....
but one set of numbers is used when your refering to order...ie yon would be used for 4th...and hap for 7th....

well when the monks came over from china the japanese already had their own counting system but also adapted the chinese counting system (although doesn't sound very similar)

1 2 3 4 5
ichi ni san shi go
hitotsu futatsu mitsu yotsu itsutsu

6 7 8 9 10
roku shichi hachi kyu juu
mutsu nanatsu yatsu kokonatsu tou

you can see shi the other way is YOtsu which is where yon came from
yon is used in places of shi because the japanese are superstitious and in chinese shi means death
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: Mint KE10 2 door sedan *SOLD*
Next Topic:hot levin on carsales (NOT MY CAR)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:44:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082130432128906 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.