Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Mon, 27 September 2004 01:33 Go to next message
Brand new in box,Made from 304 grade stainless steel, polished to a Mirror finish,
very high quality!!!
Will never corrode, flake or fade like a mild steel and chrome plated mufflers will

2.5' inlet, 4.5' angled cut tip,
also comes with adjustable and removeable silencer, great upgrade, proven power gains

cheaper if buying the pair, from melbourne
can post anywhere in australia at buyers cost

selling due to wrong size

if interested, email me on vtm666@optusnet.com.au
or sms me on 0432 525 725

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7192

Attachment: angled tip.jpg
(Size: 41.03KB, Downloaded 291 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 12:19]

Send a private message to this user    
Madm0nk
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: FS: 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Mon, 27 September 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh god..thats exactly what im lookin for...duel 4.5' canons..2.5' inlet..and even has the tilted tip..your just about a month or soo too early for me! good luck tho
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Mon, 27 September 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate,
just give me a message when your ready to buy
hope to hear from you soon
cya
dim51m
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: FS: 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Tue, 28 September 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would sell the both for $200?
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Tue, 28 September 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check your pm buddy Very Happy
driftymcgee
Regular

April 2004
Re: FS: 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Tue, 28 September 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if theres 1 still available ill take it

cheers
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Tue, 28 September 2004 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm send my friend
check your inbox Smile
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Wed, 29 September 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one sold!!! Very Happy
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Thu, 30 September 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
driftymcgee
Regular

April 2004
Re: FS: 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Fri, 01 October 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bought one late wedneaday arvo, arrived today (friday), very quick delivery and top quality cannon.

smoothest transaction ever

cheers
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Fri, 01 October 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks buddy!!! Very Happy
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Sat, 02 October 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Thu, 07 October 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone else interested???
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Fri, 08 October 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still for sale, if interested, just pm me
thanks
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Sat, 09 October 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another pic added for better angle
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Thu, 14 October 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent Very Happy

pm me if you have any questions about postage cost or
anything you like
ill get back to you asap
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Thu, 14 October 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vtm666 wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 22:14

ill get back to you asap

Yep, I can vouch for that Very Happy
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Tue, 19 October 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still for sale!!!
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Sat, 04 December 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump, will post anywhere at buyers expense
ill make postage as cheap as possible
i will reply back to everyone asap
thanks
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=8344

Attachment: MVC-003F.JPG
(Size: 39.68KB, Downloaded 325 time(s))

nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Sat, 04 December 2004 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vtm666 wrote on Mon, 27 September 2004 11:33

proven power gains

Can You please explain?

[Updated on: Sat, 04 December 2004 23:12]

vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Sun, 05 December 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these muffler have a straight through design for maximum flow
and in every case i have seen, by freeing up the exhaust system,
by changing the muffler and piping, there has been a gain in power.

heres a link that explains how back pressure works and stuff

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_0046/printArticle.h tml

hope this helps

[Updated on: Sun, 05 December 2004 00:51]

vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Sun, 05 December 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Autospeed wrote:

Another furphy that has widespread currency is the concept that engines need back-pressure. Simply, there is no properly tuned engine where increasing exhaust back-pressure causes an improvement - in power, torque or fuel economy. One of the reasons that this idea has gained support is because when people change their exhaust they seldom check the air/fuel ratio or re-map the ignition timing to once again give optimal performance. For example, some MAP sensed cars drop substantially in power with a large exhaust fitted because they are then running lean.

Atmospherically inducted cars that use a tuned length system to improve cylinder scavenging (via extractors, for example) are sensitive to exhaust diameters within the tuned length part of the system. This means that the maximum effect of exhaust pulsing may come from an exhaust system that is small enough that some exhaust back-pressure is developed. However, that is a quite different concept to saying that engines "need" exhaust back-pressure! Turbocharged engines require as big an exhaust as possible, with the same applying for naturally aspirated cars once the tuned length part of the exhaust is passed.

Few tests have been done that clearly show the affect of changing back-pressure. Most muffler and exhaust comparison tests change more than one parameter simultaneously, making the identification of exhaust back-pressure as a culprit difficult. However, Wollongong (Australia) mechanic Kevin Davis is one who has done very extensive testing of varying back-pressure on a number of performance engines. These range from turbocharged Subaru Liberty [Legacy] RS flat fours to full-house traditional pushrod V8's. In not one case has he found any improvement in any engine performance parameter by increasing exhaust back-pressure!

The tests came about because Kevin has developed a patented variable flow exhaust that uses a butterfly within the exhaust pipe. He initially expected to use the system to cause some back-pressure at low loads "to help torque". However, he soon changed his mind when any increase in back-pressure proved to decrease torque (and therefore power at those revs) on a properly tuned engine! What increasing the back-pressure does do is dramatically quieten the exhaust.

One of the engine dyno tests carried out by Kevin was on warm 351 4V Cleveland V8. Following the extractors, he fitted a huge exhaust that gave a measured zero back-pressure. Torque peaked at 423 ft-lb at 4700 rpm, with power a rousing 441hp at 6300 rpm. He then dialled-in 1.5 psi back-pressure. Note that very few exhausts are capable of delivering such a low back-pressure on a road car. Even with this small amount of back-pressure, peak torque dropped by 4 per cent and peak power by 5 per cent. He then changed the butterfly position to give 2.5 psi back-pressure. Torque and power decreased again, both dropping by 7 per cent over having zero back-pressure!

And if you still believe that exhaust back-pressure improves performance, simply block off part of your exhaust outlet and see if your car goes any faster!

Julian Edgar

editor@autospeed.com
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Sun, 05 December 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it the full exhaust system or just the tips
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Sun, 05 December 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its back pressure from the muffler/tip area

once you remove the stock muffler, which is very restrictive,
you will free up the exhuast system so you reduce the back pressure which in term gain power

i cant tell you how much power you will gain as never two cars are the same. it all depends what you have done to your car.

most people will get the exhuast(muffler) and intake done first
and then the more expensive things like aftermarket computer and internal engine mods

[Updated on: Sun, 05 December 2004 02:38]

nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Sun, 05 December 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a full exaust system its just my lip broke off is it possible for me to fit it on?
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Sun, 05 December 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey buddy
im not sure what you mean by "lip"
im assuming your talking about the tip?

well, if you wanted to fit one of my muffler's on, you will have to remove your old muffler and get the new one fitted on at the exhaust workshop which will cost around $30

pm me if you want the exact size
and if you want to know how much postage will cost aswell, pm me your details
cya
vtm666
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Tue, 14 December 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a new number now if anyone has been messaging me on the wrong number

its 0432 525 725
thanks
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: FS: Brand New 2 x Stainless Steel Cannons $130 each Wed, 15 December 2004 10:01 Go to previous message
vtm666 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 23:19

i have a new number now if anyone has been messaging me on the wrong number

its 0432 525 725
thanks

Didnt i buy these 2 mufflers, a little while ago, you used the same pics in this add as you did in the last.

I hope you r not selling commercial.

Cheers

Steve
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:oh jesus, genuine TRD supercharger
Next Topic:1JZ-GTE 380CC Injectors!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 22:14:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079128742218018 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar