Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
madman
Regular

December 2003
headgasket Wed, 29 September 2004 06:00 Go to next message
how do you know when you need a new head gasket..
i get the feeling i've done mine..
but how do you know? is there any other way to find out other than pulling it apart?.

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: headgasket Wed, 29 September 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Compression check, or whilst its running, check if coolant is bubbling, and check for "milkshake" on the inside of your oil cap. White "smoke" from the exhaust also.
TRU32U
Regular

June 2004

Re: headgasket Wed, 29 September 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt 84, yeah theres other ways of fixing it, theres a new solvent dat came out i used it i fink its called chem weld or sumfink, goes for about 10 bucks rather than 50 for a head gasket set and labour, last about 3\4\5\6 months but for 10 bucks u cant go wrong!
if u dont know where to pick one up pm me if ur in syd i got it frm my mates Smiley =
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: headgasket Wed, 29 September 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats so dodgy Razz Laughing
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: headgasket Thu, 30 September 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, i think he just wanted to know how to tell if the head gasket was rooted without any major disassembly. Those are the easy ways of telling without pulling it apart. Fixing it properly on the other hand, would involve pulling it apart.
crzysx
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: headgasket Fri, 01 October 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want to bump the compression up on a gze. should you fit a thinner copper type gasket.
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: headgasket Fri, 01 October 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
putting in lots of water when there is none leaking out is always a fair indication. Smile
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: headgasket Fri, 01 October 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as the guys said before white smoke (steam from water burning) out of the exhaust is a easy indication. i used chem weld on my old car it lasted about 8 months then it blew again and again and again about 3 times in a month..head was cracked so that car is CUBED! u can get chem weld from peps,repco supercheap places like that..
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: headgasket Fri, 01 October 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crzysx wrote on Fri, 01 October 2004 14:45

if you want to bump the compression up on a gze. should you fit a thinner copper type gasket.

Start a new post asking this question.

M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: headgasket Fri, 01 October 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What mat_84 said.
But there is some better stuff than chemiweld if you don't want to fix it called seal up.
But if it's not running on all cyls because of the headgasket then the only fix is a new one.
MacroP
Regular

April 2004
Re: headgasket Fri, 01 October 2004 13:57 Go to previous message
I've been using 'Irontite' over the last few month for my 5-ME in my Cressida with OK (read: temporary) results .
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1G ct26 twins, your thoughts
Next Topic:4age heads
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:48:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048689842224121 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.