Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Wiper Motor Woes Fri, 01 October 2004 10:50 Go to next message
Hey guys.

I'm on my second replacement wiper motor for me ta22. Both 2nd hand from wreckers and neither have variable speed.

going to check wiring at the switch tomorow but i thought i'd just see if anyone knows voltages for these things.

below are the pins that get power at the 3 seperate switch points.

also would battery voltage affect the motor speeds or is itpowered via the alternator.

any help much appreciated.

http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/plug.GIF

Position 1 : pins 2 / 6
Position 2 : pins 2 / 3 / 6
Position 3 : pins 2 / 6

about 11.5 volts at each active pin , ignition on but car not running and multimeter earthed to the chasis near the battery. Battery voltage was at 12.3-4

Cheers

Nathan
  Send a private message to this user    
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wiper Motor Woes Sat, 02 October 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any1 please?!
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Wiper Motor Woes Sat, 02 October 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The motor runs of your main 12V system - not directly from the alternator. Assuming some resistance in the wiring harness, I'd say that 11.5V is okay and enough to run your motor.

What exactly is the problem? Does the motor only go at one speed?

Also, if you're trying another motor and getting the same result, I'd guess the problem is with your switch.

You will have three connection combinations, namely OFF, 1st Step (lo speed) and 2nd Step (hi speed).

In the OFF position; Pins 1 & 2 should be conencted to each other, Pin 6 connects to the body earth (ground), Pin 3 and Pin 5 are connected.

In the 1st Step (lo speed) position; Pin 4 should connect to Pin 1 and Pin 2, Pin 6 connects to body earth

In the 2nd Step (hi speed) position; Pin 4 should connect to Pin 2, Pin 6 connects to body earth.

So, Pin 6 should always be ground and pin 4 should be your live 12VDC pin. The remaining pins go to the coils on your wiper motor.

seeyuzz
river
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wiper Motor Woes Mon, 04 October 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you dead sure on this?

i just want to be sure of the pin sets coz i dont wana blow this 1.

any idea on a ra40 wiper motor coz i got that too and it fits plus seems easier only 4 pins.

Cheers

Nathan
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Wiper Motor Woes Mon, 04 October 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey nathan cant help with specific pins as such but here is the wiring diagram for ya

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=46696&rid=6060&S=12a6944c9566b79763a8676 5ab280cb9&pl_view=&start=0

cheers
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Wiper Motor Woes Mon, 04 October 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yeah. I got this info from the Toyota Celica/Carina factory manual. It features the TA22 model. If you want, PM me your email addy. I can scan the relevant pages and email to you.

The manaul shows the plug on the actual wiper motor unit - not the plug on the switch. I based the pin numbers from the wiper motor plug, on the wiper motor unit itself - not the switch plug in your dash. Hold the motor so the motor part is to the left, with the 6pin plug facing you.

If you disconnect the battery and conenct up the motor unit, you should be able to check, using an multimeter, if the relevant connections are being made.

Still, to be doubly sure, I can email the pages on this for you before you try anything or damage anything.

seeyuzz
river
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wiper Motor Woes Wed, 06 October 2004 10:36 Go to previous message
ive sorta got a handle on it and a safe plan using multiple fuses as safety to work it out better.

im using the ra40 motor but all i need now is the wipers to auto return down after turning off.

if you could email the relevant pages it would be greatly appreciated.

nbdean@tpg.com.au

thanks every1

Nathan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age throttle bodies
Next Topic:4agte in sprinter having cooling problems??????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 18:45:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048279762268066 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.