Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 11 October 2002 11:12 Go to next message
has anyone seen our comdomdore on the cover of street comdomdore yet? its in the latest issue, smoking them up on the cover?
mick
  Send a private message to this user    
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 11 October 2002 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in reply to the title, yes
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 11 October 2002 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you say "our" who exactly are you referring to?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 11 October 2002 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd have to say yes too... My Rolla once did a wicked burnout redlining 2nd gear on a dry road... For any Sydney ppl, it was done out the back of Hornsby Tafe after I finished... It was from the boom gates all the way to the lights at The Pacific Hwy... Both wheels were spinning the entire way up the hill, around the corner and to the lights... I had basically the whole of the automotive section out of their classes cheering me on... I lost half of the front tyres...
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 11 October 2002 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben sounds good but you and i both know its not hard to spin going up that hill. but you get credit for keeping it going the whole way, Very Happy
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Sat, 12 October 2002 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i say ours i mean we do the work on the car for free{labour}.
has cost over $140k in parts and it has reached 708hp at the wheels blown and we are about to change to twin turbo to get over the 1200hp at the wheels from a 308 stroked out to 355 using 308 heads! we did a video a few months back for street machine or street commdore cant remember which that have been told by the editor it is wild. it uses 18*335 tyres {intercontental} that grip like s*** and in the video it is taken down the straight at wakefield in 4th at a 140km\h drop the foot and sidways down the whole straight at 140+kmh. needless to say the car has 15k on the clock and has been threww 8 sets of tyres. now see what i mean!! our workshop{austrack motorsport} will be developing a lexus v8 very soon so keep an eye out as we are expecting huge power from it 1500hp+. we are circuit races but if the drag strip ever gets of the ground we have a few things planned to blow people away. as the saying goes" some people talk big things and others just do big things".
mick
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Sat, 12 October 2002 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One hell of a machine kingmick!!!!......not usually a commodore fan but i love V8`s and you can`t argue with HP figures like that!!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Sat, 12 October 2002 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin,
I know that but I was surprised to see around 50 ppl at the bottom and lined up both sides of the road cheering me on...

Mick,
Can't wait to see the Lexus... That sounds awesome...
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Mon, 14 October 2002 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so it does burnouts...and constantly breaks traction in a straight line. gee,pat yourself on the back mate. way to make something useless.

get all that power to the ground,and post up some timeslips,then it'll be impressive.

Justin...
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Mon, 14 October 2002 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh,to answer the thread properly,there are plenty of cars in japan that could flog the commodore's butt.

Veilside's blue drag supra springs to mind(featured in video option vol.80,have a look for it on kazaaa or similar).

just under 1300PS,and on it's first ever run after being built,it ran a 9.8sec quarter.

I call that big.

Justin...
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Mon, 14 October 2002 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Were to start. we actually build circuit cars that turn corners, but do other jobs i.e dirt track cars,drag cars and and high hp street cars as well as boat motors.people build cars for all diffrent reasons and none of them are wrong, just diffrent. i love circuit racing with a passion and i am also lucky that circuit racing is also my job. i crew chief {run} a national sportsedan team for a living so as you could imagine drag racing isnt my cup of tea, but that said there is still parts i like and find intresting. i would love to do a couple of runs in a rail car that does sub 5sec just for the rush, but i think i would probably get bored after a couple of pass or i might enjoy it so much id have to get involed , but i mainly like the inovators of drag racing that build the cars from street rego to top fuelers that come up with new ideas to keep you ahead of the rest, which is the same as what i do with circuit cars.the comdomdore was done for show and dyno comps. the work done on it is of the highest standard, with many in-house made parts{we have mill,lathes and acess to CNC machines,tigsx3, mig3x2, plasma cutter,big drills,acid tank,sheetmetal benders, gilotines,carbon fibre and glass room{using vacum and dryer system}, engine room, i could go on but you get the drift. the bought parts are of the best quailty, being great in look and performance. as it has the standard hsv susspension it dosnt do very well of the mark, but take it from 100kmh to 250+kmh and its a rocket. . it has a twin turbo setup being put on shortly,then we are going to set the susspension up for drag racing as the owner is dieing to put some times down. so with over 1000+hp at the wheels from a 308 stroked to 355 it should get below 13sec or so pass of the standard vt clubsport, i hope. hope i have managed to change your opinon of the car fergo, as there is a lot of time and expertise gone into the car to try and build the best of its type, we will do the same to it when it goes drag racing.
mick
p.s god i hate this two finger typing
p.p.s we have a drag car{datto1600} that has sat in the corner of the workshop for three years. it has 9inch{line locker},multi link rear end. new fj20 + to4 turbo, running motec ecu and lots more. it lifts a couple of feet in the air on launch but the intrst isnt there to do anything with it at the moment.its owned by the workshop.

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 18 October 2002 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope the above wasnt a waste of time as it took awhile to type{my two finger typing is slow}.
mick
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 18 October 2002 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
far out oud want to get something sub-13 seconds with that much engine work and power.. 2 of my friends cars do mid-high 13s with stock engines and both are 2 litre 4cyls +turbo, just in light cars. thats the trick, getting power down, no matter how much youve got. i can tell you it only takes a small car a little more effort to get down the track quick. take rota's: put a stock carbi fed 13b non turbo in something tiny like a capella and it will blitz, 15 second car already. get it to about 300hp and youre talking 13s, mid 12's. if not lower with traction. And thats 1.3litres Very Happy gota love it.
anyway who cares, its a beast of a car, nice job keep up the good work Smile good to see it smoking it up on the cover

Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 18 October 2002 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not give the datto a run for some 4cylinder fun, bet its a gem
Real Per4mance
Regular

August 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Sat, 19 October 2002 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That wouldn't be the Datto 1600 with "PULSE motorsports" or something up the side?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 25 October 2002 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found this video on Mr Real Performance's webpage... I thought he would've posted it actually...

Anywayz, proof that an old Toyota goes hard...
http://realper4mance.com/uploads/corona.mpg
Real Per4mance
Regular

August 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 25 October 2002 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha!! yeah thats proves a good point....

I should have thought of that b4 hand!!
Ah well!...that car was in the RED when my brother stopped that burnout..so hot that NO water gets to the motor, it looses ALL power, and PINGS its ass off!!!

Funny...leave it for 20 minutes, pour some water on it! Good as new Smile
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 25 October 2002 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha what point is that? i would imagine with 18 x 335 interconternetals on it it wouldnt turn the tires in first with a redline launch!! would i be wrong.
mick
BoB_JonEz
Regular

August 2002

Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Sun, 27 October 2002 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just curious but have you managed to get the redline up from the 5-5.5k? Sure thats an ok redline for bulk horsepower, but only if you're driving a double B Smile
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Mon, 28 October 2002 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
redline{rev limiter}is set at 8000rpm on the old dinosaur, why whats yours set at bob? my 4agte is set at 8000rpm also so dont understand the 5-5.5k bit or b-double statment?
mick
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Tue, 29 October 2002 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd say this burnout would just about do it
[url=http://home.kooee.com.au/celicamad/joey,burn,dubbo ,2000,mail.mpg]...big file takes about 5 mins to dowload

or perhaps this 2 litre $10,000 Celica could do it ....EASY
10.08 1/4 mile no NOS manual
http://www.racecraft.com.au/mbst.html

or perhaps a 950 H.p 2jzgte will do the job .not bad for a $15,000 engine
http://www.powerhouseracing.com/powerpage/PHR%20St age%203.jpg

and if thats not good enough then how about this
6000 H.P 4 sec 1/4 mile 1.8 litre toyota
http://www.toyota.com/motorsports/index2.html

THE V8 IS DEAD TECHNOLOGY INSTEAD!!!!!!!

[Updated on: Tue, 29 October 2002 08:44]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Tue, 29 October 2002 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool... More videos to get...

Mind you, with Ihug, they'll proly take a few hours Mad Crying or Very Sad Mad ...
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Tue, 29 October 2002 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks celicamad you could of told us sooner that the v8 was dead. we wasted 140k{our cost far below anyone elses} on an 800hp 2.5 v6 that couldnt compete with 350 chev,s making from 640hp-740hp and pulled it out and built an 80k{our cost far below anyone elses} v8, which no one here has yet played with, the heads alone are over 20k. you could have saved us alot of time and money if we had know there is a 6000hp 1.8{hahaha} which would have cost well over 5 million to develop if it does infact make this kind of power, besides the fact that a drag motor would be dead before you made it halfway around a circuit. would anyone of these motors do 10 000km of thrashing the crap out of and 28 dyno runs without braking? would they be as drivable? are they street registed? we have just started devoloping a v8 lexus motor so people at the top end of the industry think v8's are a long long way from dead. the reality is that a small engine is for economy not power. there is no way with the technology that is around now and in the forseeable future that the v8 will ever be dead unless the greeny's come into power. haha a 2j that cost 15k to build and is making 950hp from boost will not last very long at all, and im talking a hand full of runs which would be about maybe 5000 engine revolutions if drag raced!! if the above commodore was tubed and had link rear end im guessing it would be a fair bit lower than 10sec for the 1/4, do the maths 708hp at the wheels at the moment and going to jump to a 1000hp{twin turbo} at the wheels very soon{wont be much fun to drive as with the blower}. once again i wish you had told me the v8 is dead:). your more than welcome to come to the track and ill get everyone together and you can tell them there national race cars that cost over 300k to build with 95% being 350 chevs that v8's are dead, might save them alot of money.
mick
p.s hope this gives you laugh.
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
icon9.gif  Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Wed, 30 October 2002 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately Celicamad, the only part of that Celica that is Toyota is the shape of the body. Top Fuel is severely restricted in what they can use for engines. They all tend to run aftermarket Hemi blocks and heads, restricted to (I think) 500 cubic inches, pushrods, two valves per cylinder, different amounts of overdrive depending on blower type/size etc. Definitely not still 1.8 litres.....bit like Nascars are very similar except for motor and body silhouette.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Wed, 30 October 2002 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still doesnt change the fact that the Cressida SMASHED your burnout .
NOT BAD a $10,000 (complete car) that has run 12.8 sec 1/4 mile

The 1,000 H.p 2jzgte that belongs to Jarred Humphries has done over 40,000 U.S miles and is a street regisitered drag car with low 8 sec 1/4 mile times and NOT tubbed.There are DOZENS of 10 sec NON V8 drag cars in the U.S and Japan that last MANY thousands of kilometeres .That are not MEGA dollar engines

The head is basically stock cams and vernier cam wheels are $2,000.$5,000 on the turbo and manifold .the rest is bottom end
Admittedly the whole package was more like $25,000 in the car but these engines are for sale off the shelf for $15,000

MORBST is a daily driven street registered 10 second car that is not a pure drag car obviously a full race auto and times would drop considerably .The engine has literally done hundreds of runs and has 575 H.p@wheels from 2 litres .The whole car cost less than your heads

EVERYONE in Melbourne JUST LIKE YOU cant believe it.
BUT THE TIMES DONT LIE !!!
WHATS the fastest time the mega dollar dinosaur has run???

Spending 140k on a car means that someone has a lot of money NOT a lot of brains

when you finish the twin turbo perhaps you can take it over to Japan and circuit race the JUN supra its only 1560 H.p. And runs some AWESOME circuit times

it goes, it stops ,it handles and you can buy one for about 150 grand (off the shelf)..and even looks fast

NOW THATS TECHNOLOGY !!
i can tell you where you can buy one of these Engines for around $50,000
AND its much lighter than a LEXUS V8

OH yeah and there IS an 1100 H.p JUN supra in Australia that circuit races but his only cost $80,000
http://www.junauto.co.jp/reports/bonneville2001/akira-power.gif

PLEASE download this video but its 3.8 MB .....SHOW ME A $150,000 V8 Circuit racer that can do this!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.mkiv.com/videoarchive/avi-mpg/junsupra_ short.mpg

Its easy to say ..IF i had a diff and if it was tubbed
BLAH,BLAH,BLAH
IF IT AINT GOT IT AINT GOT IT Razz

YES a V8 can be made go fast It just costs three times as much AT LEAST

Actually i stand corrected the 6000 H.p version IS a hemi
the 1.8 litre engine is actually 2.8 litres and only makes 1000 H.P

NHRA Summit Engine Specifications
SPORT COMPACT DRAG RACING SERIES

Toyota Celica (Modified Class) Ð Driver: Christian Rado

Type: Toyota 3RZ, 4-Cylinder, DOHC, 16-Valve
Displacement: 2.8 liters
Horsepower: 1,000+ hp @ 9,000 rpm
Induction: Turbocharged with Fuel Injection
Bore: 3.78 Inches
Stroke: 3.78 Inches
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Engine development: Toyota Racing Development
Exhaust: Custom Header by Toyota Racing Development

your probably right about one thing when it comes to ultimate power you cant beat cc's

but like you said we ARE talking street cars

[Updated on: Wed, 30 October 2002 09:51]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Wed, 30 October 2002 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celica mad if you want to beleive there is a 1000hp 2j thats done 80 000km you are mad and you havnt got the slightest knowledge of engines. the injectors he would have to run would be atleast 1200cc the same as on our and the fuel he would use at there lowest duty cycle would blow your mind. we go over our motors after every race meeting which is only about 120km max. a 2j thats making 1000hp is a very big dollar engine if you think otherwise, well what can i say exept you have given the engineers and engine builders a laugh today but i think that must have been your intension as no one is that silly. i can promise you you will not get a 2j that has had 25k spent on the engine to make 1000hp for 40000miles use you head, because there would be 100000000 of them running around if it only cost 25k.
how did the cressida smash the comdomdores burn out? have you seen the video? i havnt seen the video yet but there arnt to many street registered cars that can go 140km\h down the straight sidways shod with 18x335 tyres i can assure you. the condomdore would eat the 10k cressida for breakfast, are you kidding or what? the celica you are talking about isnt joseph's is it? if it is say hi from mick!lol. im typing this as i read bits of what you have said. the jun supra cost millions to build and it woudnt be making 1400hp in ciruit racing form for a number of reasons. 1. to get 1400hp out of a 3litre motor you must rev it to very high revs{15000+} and would have to be huge boost 50psi+ and the engines wouldnt last very long. 2. you would never get 1400hp to the ground unless you could use trackion control which 99% of circuit racing dosnt allow. what you would find is that 1400hp is the most they got out of it on the dyno maybe. if it could make 1400hp and survive a race they must be 10 lap sprints as you could never sustain that sort of horsepower for endurace racing and once again if we had the same budget as jun has we could do the same. it always comes down to money no matter what with top end racing.

to finish this off all i can do is offer some advice and tell you to get of the arm injecting drugs as its doing strange things to you!haha and you havnt been to the last few summernats then i take it, if you havnt seen the condomdoor its always there on the dyno. mate all i can say is that the engine figures you see on the net and in magazines are a bit higher than in real life. the best way for you to learn this is to get involed in racing and see that what you think is right is a pipe dream of a 16 year old with a fast4's mag in his hand.

you seem to forget that i have three toyotas. i respect the comdomdoor for what it is, a very well built and tuned motor that the best in the world{engine builders} would think the same as me. the guy that owned it went without alot of things to build the engine{house etc} and he is a mechanic but he still knows a service mechanic doesnt have the knowledge that a race engine builder has.
this is my last post to you celica mad as i believe you are to far gone to help.
mick
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Thu, 31 October 2002 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with Kingmick 100% on this one. I own two four cylinders and i will allways love them madly, but when u r talking about power in these quantities, there really is no subsitute for size.
It is crazy to think that a 2.6(or whatever) litre engine producing 1000hp is going to last for nearly as long as a V8. The V8 simply put is doing alot less work to produce the same amount of power and it is going to be far less stressed. Do u know what the screaming sound is in a 4 clyinder when it revving it's nuts off? That's the sound of metal rubbing against metal, tearing itself apart little by little.

This thread isn't a V8 yobo idiot mentality againts Hot 4 mentality, it's just common sense and real world fact.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Thu, 31 October 2002 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All I wanna know is where you got the bit about the 2JZGTE in any form will be lighter than the 1UZFE (Lexus V8). The only version I can think of is the 2UZFE from a Landcruiser, but that is optimised for torque, so its not going to take to revving as easily.

The V8 isn't dead...cubes still count, its just now that some of the factory V8's are actually mixing it up with a little extra technology...Maserati Coupe GT anyone?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Thu, 31 October 2002 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But anyway, this topic is WAAAYYY off track. That is one awesome burnout by the Cressida, it'd put up a good fight against any car Razz
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 01 November 2002 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mick unless im mistaken you put this post up to shit stir us all
i Just though i'd return the favour

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Purley for interest sake only
powerhouse engine's are for sale and they do cost the quoted prices
follow the link.
MOSt good street setups over 800 H.p run staged Injection so they idle almost like stock

finally i do know how much is involved in a project like the Crapadore .And the final product may well be a credit to the team involved .

i was Just trying to point out .that with big bucks anything can be done

and 700 h.p isnt worth bragging about considering the budget

[Updated on: Fri, 01 November 2002 07:45]

mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: i hate to say it!but can a toyota beat our comdomdore burnout? Fri, 01 November 2002 09:22 Go to previous message
whatabout that 3000hp 4 cylinder drag thing in the US?
or am i missing the point?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:When do you like to cruise?
Next Topic:Why do people on the dole get more than people studying?????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:37:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062417984008789 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.