Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Mon, 20 September 2004 01:52 Go to next message
Hey everyone,
Just thought that rather than me telling each of u seperately what happened to my car, I would just make up a thread and tell u all at the same time...
This happened on Saturday night just gone... $912 worth of damage (i know the pics dont look like much but got the quote this morning)

OK, so I was heading down main north road towards gepps cross from town, was in the left lane and this f*ck head on a motorbike was speeding down the middle of the lanes, i looked EVERYWHERE, then indicated to go into the right hand lane. When i started moving across, motorbike flew down the middle and clipped my rear drivers side qrt panel.... NOT HAPPY!
Anywayz, dude on the motorbike is fine; didnt fall off or anything, and blaming me (as u do! lol) umm but its gonna go through insurance and he was definatly at fault as he was not only speeding but also breaking the law by driving down the centre of the lanes....
Here are the pics of my car... Cant really tell the extent of the damage here, but remember, pearl paint job, they wont be able to match it and may possibly have to paint the whole roof again too..... been quoted $912 and with that they will also paint my whole kit Smile which means if insurance covers us...... I'll have the kit on and finished in a few weeks Very Happy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Ms_SILYCAR/Silycar/Img_0216.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Ms_SILYCAR/Silycar/Img_0217.jpg

-Stef
  Send a private message to this user    
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Mon, 20 September 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*ugh* Stupid motorcyclists....not all of them are dodgy idiots, but some of them seem to think that drivers should be perfect and that they can ride in a really unsafe manner and get away with it.

Ahh well at least you might get the kit painted Smile
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Mon, 20 September 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure stef... 'motorcyclist' Rolling Eyes

it looks like DRIFT DAMAGE to me! Razz
Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Mon, 20 September 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude... Its a front wheel drive... I wouldnt even bother trying to drift! Razz

Wheres brian (turbo-a.net) he seen it all happen..... he'll back me up Smile bike almost hit him too.....
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Mon, 20 September 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i so cant be bothered typing out what i did the last two times......see ozcelica.com or celica.net for details Razz
oz_viking
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Mon, 20 September 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good thing you've got a witness - insurance companies often split the claim 50:50 if it's your word against the person that hit ya....
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Mon, 20 September 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pearls suck when you need stuff colour coded.
Im going to have to get all my car resprayed sooner or later because im sick of hearing panel beaters whinge when I bring my car in...
mmm XR6 blue... mmmm
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Mon, 20 September 2004 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Beej - were you parked on east ave near clarence park or whatever earlier today (6pm ish?) cause I was driving down past there and saw this white Grp A carlos sainz GT4 and nearly pulled over to check it out, but I was late for TKD training!

Sweet ride Razz

Err - yeah now I'll say something on topic. Yeah - panel damage...damn. Very Happy
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Thu, 30 September 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Major bummer.
Was the motorcyclist riding in between 2 lanes of cars, or was he in the middle lane by himself?

If was was in your lane overtaking you on the right (ie he was between you and the next lane line to the right) then it might be your fault because that's actually a legal overtaking maneuver.
But more than likely he was in the lane beside you, which means he is in the wrong becuase he was overtaking someone on the left (illegal unless linemarked)

I thought pearls weren't too hard to match, just metallics. Or is it the same deal.

At least its only $900, my panel beater showed me the invoice he sent off to my insurance company when I picked up my car yesterday. $15 750!!! My car's only insured for $17 000.
And he didn't have to worry bout matching the paint, because the whole car got done.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Thu, 30 September 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he's definitely at fault...i think the law was 2demerits for every car you pass in between lanes.

Call him up and tell him he'll get fuked Very Happy
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Thu, 30 September 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insurance is cool Shocked
Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Fri, 01 October 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the bike was in the middle of 2 cars going down the centre of the lanes.. when i had decided to change lanes he was behind a friend of mine then as i pulled across he pulled out into the middle of the lanes and was doing bout 80 ina 60 zone... i dont think there is any way i can be at fault...

Anywayz.... as of monday i now have NO insurance, the assessor took photos of my car and when he took em back to the insurance company they seen the kit and was like.. ok well... we're gonna cancel ur insurance as ur not allowed 'non standard' bodykits.. the only reason i didnt tell em yet is coz its not finished :S
Anywayz... never mind insurance is fucked.. they still have to cover this claim but my other dilema is the fact that no one will insure my car until the damage is fixed.. which means it could be months away.... I've taken my car in to be repaired today, i'll pay for it all and insurance will have to pay me back *shrugs shoulders*
I also get my body kit on tuesday Very Happy
Also... many parts of the interior are getting painted so i've spent the day taking my car apart to make it look as such:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Ms_SILYCAR/Silycar/915ae0a8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Ms_SILYCAR/Silycar/Img_0431.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Ms_SILYCAR/Silycar/Img_0428.jpg
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Fri, 01 October 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Insurance companies are ghey. Oh no, you have an aftermarket gear knob, no more insurance for you.

Sweet ride, good luck with the repairs!
Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Thu, 07 October 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Major Clod wrote on Fri, 01 October 2004 22:03

Insurance companies are ghey. Oh no, you have an aftermarket gear knob, no more insurance for you.

Sweet ride, good luck with the repairs!

hahahha!!!! nice one dude!
Im not going with Just Cars and paying $1250 a year for their bs! lol... but hey at least my excess went down by $400! and i guess with just cars... at least i can do basically what ever i want to modify with the car and they will still cover it Smile
Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Re: Silycar now In being fixed *pics* Thu, 07 October 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is what the car looks like at the moment... its in being fixed.. and as you can see... the rear skirt has arrived Smile

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Ms_SILYCAR/Silycar/silycar%20being%20fixed%20oct%2004/Img_0548.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Ms_SILYCAR/Silycar/silycar%20being%20fixed%20oct%2004/Img_0549.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Ms_SILYCAR/Silycar/silycar%20being%20fixed%20oct%2004/Img_0550.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Ms_SILYCAR/Silycar/silycar%20being%20fixed%20oct%2004/Img_0551.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Ms_SILYCAR/Silycar/silycar%20being%20fixed%20oct%2004/Img_0547.jpg

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Thu, 07 October 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recently switched from Just Cars to Shannons.
I save $550 on the excess ($1050 instead of $1600), & they've got no problems with legal mods either.

They didn't really want to know about my car until I told them I was in a car club though because it was too new.

I've never been without comprehensive insurance.
In the 14 years I've been driving, probably paid out about $16000 in premiums, but claimed back about $40000 in damage (but had to shell out about $2000 in excesses).

Considering my recent mishap ($15k+!! Shocked ) I definitely want it.
Def chase up the insurance, Stef. you've got a cool car & the most often thing damaged in accidents is the exterior.

BTW where did the kit come from?
I've found a kit for mine, but its in Japan & I'm trying to find someone who ships bodykits to get it for me (They're more likely to look after it better).
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Thu, 07 October 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shannons rule the world! I love them!

I switched back in June and haven't looked back.. I told them all my mods and they were like "yep" "yep" "cool" "whatever" lol

and they like it if you are part of a car club too
Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Thu, 07 October 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant go with shannons because of my age and the amount of accidents i've had... they wont insure me Sad

ohh.. and btw i was wrong with $1250 had a look again and was corrected by my mum... its $2250 Shocked

Anywayz.. I get the car back tomorrow so everything should be alright after that Smile

-Stef
Gr33nM0nk3y
Regular

September 2004
Re: Silycar now with Rear qrt panel damage Tue, 12 October 2004 10:51 Go to previous message
you'd have to excuse the motor cyclists of the world for blaming cars for the majority(sp?) of the accidents that happen. i ride 5 days out of 7, every day, and u can quote me on that, ppl dont check there blind spots and almost push me off the road whilst im doing the speed limit and in my lane, in the correct position. Most of the time, we can spot cars drivers fucking up from a mile away and were ok. Sometimes we just need to be sumwhere and take advantage of our size. its wrong but it happens. just (i know u did) look everywhere. Just treat us like 5yr olds with machine guns, never trust us to behave and be where you want Smile and we'll all be fine.

sorry for the bad typing, its hard typing fast with one finger.
(just had a bike accident, car didnt check blind spot coming into my lane, got infront of it, got too close to van infront so i jumped into the right lane where there were ppl turning n hit the back of a ute, so i get to have a fun opperation on my hand. yay!)

*sigh*

*shakes fist at perth car drivers*

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how often do people drive up Mt danny Vic and what are the time
Next Topic:delete
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 10:12:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03276801109314 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.