Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » NEW TOPIC HAS BEEN MADE!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: SR TWINCAM'S ST-162 SX *NEW PICS INCLUDING INTERIOR* Thu, 17 June 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey whats with that gear knob Adrian? I didnt see it on your last pics.
Alright peoples, big smiley face to anyone who guesses what car the knob is from (be specific)?
  Send a private message to this user    
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: SR TWINCAM'S ST-162 SX *NEW PICS INCLUDING INTERIOR* Thu, 17 June 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ey man,
thought I'd put in my 2c. thats... Shocked FOOOLY SIK! ahahah have a free *bump* for a mad car.

and yes, you have persueded me, i am SO getting a celica now Very Happy
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: SR TWINCAM'S ST-162 SX *NEW PICS INCLUDING INTERIOR* Fri, 18 June 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phrostbyte wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 01:16

ey man,
thought I'd put in my 2c. thats... Shocked FOOOLY SIK! ahahah have a free *bump* for a mad car.

Sorry are you directing that to me?
By the way is that pic in your avatar what i think it is?
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: SR TWINCAM'S ST-162 SX *NEW PICS INCLUDING INTERIOR* Fri, 18 June 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SillyCar88 wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 16:23

Phrostbyte wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 01:16

ey man,

Sorry are you directing that to me?
By the way is that pic in your avatar what i think it is?

Whos members car is it sillycar88??? hahaha Laughing Laughing
Phrostbyte is a mate of mine, he was talking to me and yeah i told him how good the 4th gens are heheheh!!!
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: SR TWINCAM'S ST-162 SX *NEW PICS INCLUDING INTERIOR* Fri, 18 June 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*slaps forehead*
Damn i thought someone was giving my car props, thanks SR for bursting my balloon. *slaps SR's forehead*
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: SR TWINCAM'S ST-162 SX *NEW PICS INCLUDING INTERIOR* Mon, 05 July 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets see...
Got updates now!!!

Now with k&n Panel Filter!!!!!!
i've removed the induction resonator, and have adjusted the brackets that hold the top of the air filter slightly and yeah its now just as loud as a st162 with a pod filter, its awesome now... Feels a lot more responsive, revs cleaner, and yeah has a bit more go... Really good!!!!

I'll get a sound file at some stage for ya!!!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: SR TWINCAM'S ST-162 SX *NEW PICS INCLUDING INTERIOR* Mon, 05 July 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
told ya! Wink

on ya dude.. never have to buy another air filter! yay!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: SR TWINCAM'S ST-162 SX *NEW PICS INCLUDING INTERIOR* Wed, 14 July 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now running on one King spring standard height!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing The front left has been changed, had a few problems so we only had time to fit one of them in....

1/4 of the way!!!!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: SR TWINCAM'S ST-162 SX *NEW PICS INCLUDING INTERIOR* Wed, 28 July 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOW RIDING ON KING SPRINGS STANDARD HEIGHT (HEAPS FIRMER)

It handles beautifully now...

Next to come will be rear sway bar....

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: SR TWINCAM'S ST-162 SX *NEW PICS INCLUDING INTERIOR* Thu, 29 July 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah - the king springs are really nice for the '162 (I think the generally good decent suspension geometry comes into play there a bit) so they handle a treat.
Feel better than having 1/4 king springs now? Smile
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: SR TWINCAM'S ST-162 SX *NEW PICS INCLUDING INTERIOR* Tue, 03 August 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
yeah they feel really nice
there is still some body roll but i heard the rear sway bar helps that a bit too... handling is nice though...

Just checking about a JDM ECU for my car, which i should have in a couple of weeks. I love taking the bottom of the air filter box off, makes a really nice note hehehe
especially with k&n filter
I'll keep u posted on the ecu!
Regards
Adrian
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Mon, 16 August 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEW UPDATE

Got the radiator reconditioned, the core was 70% blocked Shocked Shocked , because of this the top tank cracked and had to get that replaced too, $150 later its running beautifully, the place even resprayed the whole thing for me. Beaut work.

Cv joints on the left have shat themselves so i'm getting some changeovers ones which are going in on saturday, the noise is aweful!!!

I'm hopin within the next few weeks the jdm ecu will be in...
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Tue, 07 September 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went to work the other day and they upped the timing a bit for me, now sitting on 16 degrees,
Feels Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh what a feeling,

YAY
Running optimax always now

just waiting to find out where my oil leak is coming from and yeah i'll be set for the JDM ecu!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Sat, 11 September 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like it's going well, you going to stick it on a dyno when you get the JDM ecu?
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Mon, 27 September 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah wouldn't mind chuckin her up on the dyno after that...
I got a whiteline rear sway bar on the way, should be here in the next week... Bit unsure about installin it, i heard the fuel tank has to be dropped...

I think 2.25" exhaust with redback muffler would be next after that, but yeah i think i might pick that jdm ecu up soon...

Cars going alright so far...
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Sat, 02 October 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just did an oil change at work..
Shes gettin one every 5000kms.... i think i used 10w40 that work had... seems good i've had it in there before, is that ok oil???

Rego and car is finally paid off to my dad and now my income is mine to spend...

Thinking either exhaust or ecu... i need a nice note from the car not sure what to go for....

Regards
Adrian
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Mon, 04 October 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now featuring a WHITELINE 18MM Rear Sway bar...
Handling is very much improved now... corner turnin is very nice indeed...

Feels wicked on the mountain, Its added about 25-30kms onto a corner speed easy...

Its a lot more stable...

TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Tue, 12 October 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update on details

I have more info about whats been done on the car.. its a credit to the previous owner...

Last 7 Months
Reconditioned Radiator
New Left CV Joint
New front disc rotors
New front brake line hoses
New rear brake pads
Repaired front seats
new radiator cap
new water pump
new timing belt
new timing belt pulley
new timing belt tensioner pulley
New ac/alternator belt
New coolant
new tires (silica, V-rated)
4 wheel alignment

Last 12 months:
New high-pressure steering hose
Rebuilt power steering pump
New fuel filter
New steering pump fluid
New steering pump belt
New steering arm boots
New suspension strut inserts
Efi flush -- Toyota service which cleans injectors, valves, manifold, etc

Last 2 years:
New wheel bearings
New left-hand driveshaft
New transmission fluid

Work Done at 200,000kms
Rebuilt right-hand driveshaft
New distributor cap
New distributor contact spindle
New distributor cables
New clutch
New piston rings
New cam shims
New timing belt
New valve stem seals
Valve & valve seat re-grind
Engine head acid bath cleaned
New seals, new gaskets all round
New oil & air filter
New brakes
Machined brake discs
New muffler
New transmission fluid
New clutch fluid
New brake fluid
New engine mounts
New steering knuckle joints
New suspension lower arm joints
New air-intake hose
all engine parts thoroughly cleaned and inspected

Got some 5.25" axis splits and a jaycar 4x50Wrms amplifier coming very soon.. New pics when installed!!!
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Tue, 12 October 2004 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit, Yours is coming along a lot better than mine Ads! Mine's driveable, but it hasn't had half as much shit done to it as yours has!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Wed, 13 October 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks similar to the list of crap I've done to my car, except yours has slightly more suspension related stuff that I haven't actually got around to yet Smile

Must be in awesome nick though - I'm jealous Embarassed
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Wed, 13 October 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx Dudes....

Yeah shes a beaut to drive... Tyres are very decent, Grip like a mofo for 14"

The paint at first looked a bit faded and i was lookin to have to respray the girl, but after a really nice cut and polish at work she turned up a TREAT....

The A Pillars had White on the edges about 2 cms in on either side the whole way up....

But yeah the paint was soo fresh under it....

sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Wed, 13 October 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lookin good man. Smile
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Mon, 06 December 2004 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got a Redback muffler off a mate and yeah installed it today, got it installed for $30...
It sounds wicked as...
Its wierd the engine sounds like a Race 4age engine now, at 3200 rpm u can hear like a change in pitch (does anyone know what this is) and then the sound sorta wears out after about 4500 rpm when tvis comes in, but it sounds damn nice down below. I got it measured at 3200rpm and i got 87db... so its pretty alright...
Did an oil change today, i got optimax in her instead of Regular and shes got Castrol Magnetic, revs out very quick with this oil...

Next thing might be GT4 brakes,

Getting tint done this week probably, driver/passenger doors are gonna be 35% and the rest will be 20%....

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: SR TWINCAM'S ST-162 SX *NEW PICS INCLUDING INTERIOR* Fri, 17 December 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Adrian,

u got a mad 162 there, u gonna mod it soon?
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ADRIAN'S ST-162 CELICA SX Fri, 17 December 2004 06:39 Go to previous message
Hey there,
Yeah Should have the rest of the exhaust done and the idea of some hot Cams in one day, but for now shes pretty responsive as is..

Thanx!!!

I have a new post just in case anyones wondering!!!!

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=53960&start=0&rid=3960&S=7c38914b019 85119f8caa575f864d73c
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!!
Next Topic:Hey guys + RT104
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 06:23:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070371627807617 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.