Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » A mad night time hoon!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wolf
Regular

June 2004
A mad night time hoon! Sun, 03 October 2004 02:47
I have to admit, it is hard owning a sports car, and not gunning it every now and then; Even if it has a 7M-GE "boat-anchor", as described to me by one of the forum members. Still, It puts up a decent fight and is more than enough to own a VN to VS V6 Commodore, as the N/A Supra has done so at least 3 times in the past 30 days. Twisted Evil

I have always wondered what a V8 Torana would be like in a street race, and last night I got the opportunity to verse the best of them... the SLR5000. This was no ordinary SLR, the engine sounded VERY smooth (perhaps rebuilt?) and purred like it was running high octane.

Anyway, both cars line up at a set of lights, we both were rolling at about 5km/h when the light went green, I floor it. He does the same but then eases up about 30km/h... Perhaps he realized my car didn't have that turbo whine, and decided to give me a head start Embarassed.

I stay ahead of him for about 200m through slightly winding roads, but catches up to me on a left turn (Torrie has less weight and what seemed like really good brakes). from 25km/h we both floor it again, but that torquey 5.0L pulls ahead 5 car lengths by 70km/h. My crap auto gearbox goes into second and then I start to catch up over a 200m distance, but its too late.

We reach a round about where he turns left, race ending with me 2-3 car lengths behind. Top speed in the race must have been about 130km/h.

I believe that if my Supra had a bone stock 7M-GTE I would have kicked his arse. In it's current status, the car has an engine with the torque suitable for a 1000kg Honda. Not happy Jen!!! Mad

That is all... TY.

~wolf~

[Updated on: Sun, 03 October 2004 02:48]

Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:galston gorge experience
Next Topic:The 3t-gte beats rb20det
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:35:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0031580924987793 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar