Toymods » Tech & Conversions » will this work if so wat do i need to do

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
will this work if so wat do i need to do Sun, 03 October 2004 08:27 Go to next message
ive found a fully setup head/injection/turbo 3tgte syestem

will this fit onto a 2tgeu bottom end

any info muchly appreciated

thanx
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: will this work if so wat do i need to do Sun, 03 October 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it will fit, but I'm not sure about valve-to-piston clearance. The T series gurus will probably be able to tell you.

It might be easier to keep your 2T-GEU head and adapt the 3T-GTE gear around it, since the 2T-GEU head apparently flows better and you don't have to deal with that silly 8-plug setup.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: will this work if so wat do i need to do Sun, 03 October 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have decided to try to bolt the 3tgte manifolds to the 2tgeu and go from there. i just wont be able to go very high with the boost as i dont want to blow up the engine.

any info on this choice please say sumthin

i need to know if i the 3t manifolds will fit.
if they dont fit i wont bother gettin it

thanx

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: will this work if so wat do i need to do Sun, 03 October 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Norbie wrote on Sun, 03 October 2004 18:53

... you don't have to deal with that silly 8-plug setup.

Does that actually help, having twin-plugs per cylinder? It's not something you often see on car engines.

seeyuzz
river
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: will this work if so wat do i need to do Sun, 03 October 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't the Nissan Z18 of the same era also feature twin plug?

Regarding the initial question, the exhaust manifold will fit but the intake manifold won't. You could re-engineer to use a 2T-GEU manifold perhaps.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: will this work if so wat do i need to do Sun, 03 October 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to hijack. But the Gazelle featured a 2Lt with twin spark. And more recently i think the Honda Jazz 1.3lt has twin spark.
thankyou. goodbye.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: will this work if so wat do i need to do Sun, 03 October 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Many people who modify 3T-GTE's only use one set of plugs. Apparently the original idea behind the twin-spark setup was to help prevent detonation. An intercooler does a much better job of that though!

As above, the 3T-GTE inlet manifold will not bolt up to the 2T-G cylinder head, but you'll find the 2T-GEU manifold is much more convenient for intercooler piping since it has a front-facing throttle body.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: will this work if so wat do i need to do Sun, 03 October 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I gather the 3TGTE twin plug business had the idea that one set of plugs fired slightly before the others, and under detonation the more advanced set was cut out? or something?

Also on multi plug engines, a couple I can think of are Nissan Z18, Nissan CA20 (bluebird, pintara), and of course not forgetting bloody Alfas! Evil or Very Mad
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: will this work if so wat do i need to do Sun, 03 October 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought 3T-GT fired the pairs together and presumed it had something to do with the efficiency benefits (ie. complete combustion) resulting from propogation of two flame fronts.

but I dunno really.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: will this work if so wat do i need to do Mon, 04 October 2004 07:52 Go to previous message
Yes, the plugs fire at the same time on the 3T-GTE. The idea (as I understand it) is the twin flame fronts have less distance to travel, which means you can run more ignition advance without having problems with detonation. Or something like that. Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hookin up the turbo
Next Topic:2t/2tg questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 06:30:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068349838256836 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.