Toymods » Track Talk » Commadores annoy me

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 12 August 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i read some were that they got a commo/vet in the usa drift thinge i find the link Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 12 August 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah lateral G do thier drifting in American cars, like the corvettes, vipers and I think they are gonna start using a pontiac GTO... Confused
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 12 August 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gary wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 22:27

i know commodores are taxis. i dont have a problem with that,and well,i've probably owned more toytas than 90% of the people on here... but this is a toyota forum so i expect it to be one sided. but when some dick head opens his idiot mouth and cant back his claims up...what do ya do... i have a vp daily driver with 415000k's any it drives great.i had a ae82 with a 4ag and that thing had done 380k on the original motor and still went strong.well as strong as the little shit boxes go Evil or Very Mad
lexus,sorry soarer, lets see, over weight under steering barge Embarassed

toyota crown.... now theres something to be proud of. Very Happy

no need to go on. i'll just take my 1270 kg car with 550ft of TORQUE and tow my caravan home Razz

merry christmas Laughing

toyota crown.... now theres something to be proud of. Very Happy

wot else has to be said Smile
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 12 August 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find it much easier to drift a commodore or V8 Ute as they have much more power and i feel more control than most Toyota's

although having said that my car will hold traction longer giving me the ability to corner faster
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 12 August 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camrys are alright, there a very reliable car, I own one, my parents own one and I know heaps of people who have owned one at some stage or still do own one. of course they have faults: needles in dash bent, known a few people with that, netual safety switch on auto models so that reverse lights don't work, manaul gear box crunches into 3rd and 2nd (very badly worn) but very rarely somethings wrong with motor a well looked after Camry is heaps better then a Commodore in relabilty (it's a well known fact) Toyota does make a better car then Holden I can tell you that now.

I also know this for my self as I have been brought up around alot of these cars the Toyotas just seems years ahead of Holden not making fun or anything.
2tg-ta22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 12 August 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can even get my commo into a nice controlled drift.... only happens once out of every 10 times. the celica dont have enough balls to drift n thats a n/a 1600 Very Happy also the clutch is fuct so revving it up mid corner dont work, but of the few times i had it driften the goddam steering is to heavy need power steering i thinks
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 13 August 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Commies can drift, I had a VK and when it has a locked diff it does whatever you want it too sideways wise... Very Happy
M Diddy
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Clevo Powered User
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 13 August 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why is it that annoying crummydores are usually VN or VP's ?

The fact that they ususally have a P Plate may explain it i think

But still... VN/P's are usually bought by Hoons for some reason.

I have one that lives up the road... Always tearing ass out of my street onto the main road. The neighbours on the corner homes are gettin a lil peev'd at him.

He's also got a mate with a VP wagon thats just as bad.

I think maybe they is jealous...
They know my XC... See it and think they need to show off.

Hmm... All this may explain the guy up the road.

But what about the rest of the P Plater VN/P drivers ?
Whats their deal ?
They're not exactly Mark Skaife

[Updated on: Fri, 13 August 2004 06:48]

Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 13 August 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have a problem with Commodores. Different cars, different opinions. Sure, you can get some real wankers that drive them, and a lot are bogan P platers, but there are also some really nice ones out there too.

Its not like Commodores drivers are the only bad ones. I've seen plenty of wankers driving around in their lancer, wrx, pulsar, skyline, whatever ricer. Each one has their merits, and if they like a particular brand, good on em. As long as they keep their car in a respectable way and have the right attitude I have no problem with them.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 13 August 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon VL's drift pretty well, especially with 285rwkw and brembo brakes Very Happy
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 13 August 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon VL's drift pretty well, especially with 285rwkw and brembo brakes Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 13 August 2004 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimmy double post mate !!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 13 August 2004 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sat, 14 August 2004 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Sat, 14 August 2004 03:07

LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Any thing with 285kw and brembos will dorift, except maybe a mack truck or something...
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 16 August 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unless it has stock vl suspension lol
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 16 August 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Mon, 16 August 2004 10:52

unless it has stock vl suspension lol

Meh, its a commodore just cut the springs...

Cheapest lowering job around, $2.50...

Yeah yeah! Very Happy
M Diddy
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Clevo Powered User
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 16 August 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL...

When i was at my nieghbours work(smash repairs)

One of the guys was out with Oxy cutting the springs on his VL

A common Mod Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 16 August 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oxy, pfft...No where near dodgey enough, you gotta go the 3 1/2 inch grinder with the springs still in the car, now thats pure dodgey... Very Happy
M Diddy
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Clevo Powered User
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 16 August 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
His spring were still in the car...

I watched him near blast a hole through the front fender Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 16 August 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M Diddy wrote on Mon, 16 August 2004 13:28

His spring were still in the car...

I watched him near blast a hole through the front fender Laughing

LMAO

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
M Diddy
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Clevo Powered User
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 16 August 2004 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I blocked in a guy in a VK 5 Litre tonight...

Well sorta, he was going out of the Servo driveway on the wrong side and driving the "panza tank" XC Falcon. My car can look half a mile wide when i want it to be Razz

So he had to reverse back do it "the right way" Razz

Then he proceeded to fishy it in the wet past the Cop shop Very Happy

I Luv my old Ford for RAZZ UP capeability Cool

[Updated on: Mon, 16 August 2004 17:38]

Benno
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Commodores annoy me Wed, 01 September 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firstly, it's Commodore not Commadore. I have been on both sides of the fence on this one. When I was a little younger, I owned an ex-highway patrol VK. It was fitted with both of the engine options, big valves and high compression heads. The suspension and cam were both stufed so I spruced the shocks up and put a mild cam in it. Oh I put a 2.5" Hills exhaust on it too. The car went like stink, handled okay and was everything it was designed to be, a volume production sedan car. However, it still had a live axle and a pushrod OHV engine.

Holden has always suffered from being part of GM with respect to design and technology. The yanks sell you a new car by putting some new fins on it, not by giving you EFI or IRS. look at any period of time since the seventies, the yanks have just used window dressing while the Europeans have innovated and added new technologies. If all you have to compete with is a bunch of underdamped, V8, cart sprung barges, what do you need with technology? With plentiful, cheap fuel, hell! just add a few more litres capacity to the donk..job done!

Fortunately, the japanese followed the European model and made smalller, more efficient cars. Eventually the yanks gave in and started buying japanese cars and so did the Europeans and Brits. I think in many ways Holden has done a pretty good job, better than Ford up until the BA.

Toyota is a huge and wealthy company and that shows in its uptake of and mass production of high tech cars, something Holden hasn't got the power to do on its own. That doesnt excuse them from producing cars with awful interiors that fall apart and at times, woeful quality control.

On to Commodore drivers......yeah. Is it just them? I have been dangerously tailgated by a dickhead in a Camry and a bigger idiot in a Landcruiser. As for guys wanting to drag, just Commodore drivers who prick it out like this? No. Just one persons opinion.

I have some opinions too. Harleys are utter crap (1300cc and 55Hp HAH!) All big 4x4's are dangerous and should be taxed into non-existence. Instant coffee isn't coffee at all and on and on and on and on and on.........

opinions..pffft!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commodores annoy me Thu, 02 September 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the subject on big 4x4's. I think there very dangerous and people should have to get a special liecence and a reason stating WHY! they need a 4x4. most big 4x4's never seemed to leave the city for some reason?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 03 September 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we used to own a 4wd drive cos there are 6 people in my family, we didn't want a van as they are dangerous in frontal collisions and when we bought it no vans had third row seat windows that opened. We got rid of the 4x4 when we didn't need it for size any more, the most off road we ever got was on fire trails so we did leave the city. The people I hate are those who buy 4x4 in the inner city or buy them when there family demandss don't need that many seats.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 03 September 2004 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me start by saying my car is crap. It's a 4G15 Carburettor driven 1.5ltr 12 valve 4 in a CB Lancer.

One the way home tonight, I was stopped behind two V8 Commodores in the wet. I took off averagely for me, they both floored it, both of them started fishtailing about. I thought, why the hell not. I floored it to, and by the time we got to the speed limit, they where a car length further ahead than they had started. Seriously I played with a Sprinter at the greenvale meet (hi if you're about - whoever that was) and it did better that these Commodores (although granted that was in the dry). It was a VN and something a bit newer, not sure on model.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 12 September 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 15:59

we used to own a 4wd drive cos there are 6 people in my family, we didn't want a van as they are dangerous in frontal collisions and when we bought it no vans had third row seat windows that opened. We got rid of the 4x4 when we didn't need it for size any more, the most off road we ever got was on fire trails so we did leave the city. The people I hate are those who buy 4x4 in the inner city or buy them when there family demandss don't need that many seats.

I think those type of people who buy them just for the sake of having one makes them feel big.

Sharka is your Lancer a manual or auto. I know this one Lancer same model auto and it's gay.it has a 2.25 inch exhaust and it sounds very gay especally when it changes gears No No No
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 19 September 2004 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAVE u seen the new 4X4s they r all plastic it's no wonder people only drive then in suburbia

Toyotas don't count they r the only 4x4s i've seen with rollers on the axles to help them slide over rocks etc.
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 21 September 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent laughed this hard in ages! i wanna suggest you guys get together for the nationals next easter.... lets just say i wanna ring side seat Laughing

you wanna know what dickheads are? its the wankers who, SOMETIMES drive commodores and also drive Hyundais, that think a "sony X-plode" sticker and an ironing board hanging off their boot will actually give them half a chance against a twin turbo Commodore.
i once personally witnessed a p plater in his mum's vr wagon try to hit up a mate of mine for a race - even though this kid had just seen this particular large turboed toyota do a most horendous flyby. Some people just dont get it.
TitMeat
Regular

August 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 21 September 2004 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I totally know what you mean ttotoysoarer ...i get alot of dickhead commodore drivers that give me the shits...but ive also met alot on mixed car cruises who are quite decent people ..they way i see it we all share the same interest...whether its jap cars of commodores...if they respect me i respect them ..i just wish alot more of them could be like that Rolling Eyes
bowlsclubboy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 26 September 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 21:17

Beer_is_good wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 20:46

Hmmm, this thread just turned bad.
There was a generalization made that Commodore drivers act like fools, think they are all Mark Skaife and believe they have the best car on the road... that's a pretty accurate generalization too.
Gary and tyottsoarer, sort your differences out with private messages if you wish, this is a Holden bagging thread!!
Very Happy
As for the flaws:
-Shiny shell over a clearly family car chassis
-Engine is a joke, wild tolerances, bad design/materials, pushrod engines are limited, general quality stinks
-This carries on to driveline, the auto shifting is harsh to say the least, noisy and vibrates a lot, manual transmissions lack confidence, etc.
-Electronics, wow, what a disaster
-Steering, suspension, loose, weak, badly tuned
-Interior is probably the best bit of the car though still mostly sucks
-Power, driveability, they all sound exactly the same
-General build quality is severely lacking, I've heard a lot of bad news and had first-hand experience with my Camira (the worst), Kingswoods and Commodores. Design is poor, where a Toyota engine bay is logical, innovative and practical, a Holden engine bay is 'put the engine there and try to fit everything else in, never mind if hte wires change colours'.

The list could go on, but the basic theme is poor design, poor build quality, and incorrect application (ie trying to turn a family car into a sports/performance car).

The VL had the best engine of the lot, even though it's just a Nissan it sh-ts on anything Holden ever made.
The Monaro... I don't know, I think Holden almost made an alright car there, CONCEPTUALLY, even if they lack the build quality still and the new ones are two-door Commodores.

Just my 2c...
Adrian

the biggest problem I found with my WB Holden was just how cold that 202 could be! something shocking! Took it a while to get warm once it was warm it ran lovely, was never a sports car but wasn't to bad for a stock motor, the other thing was the electricals but just about everyone with a old holden i know has had that problem

this is whatt i find:
the 3l Nissan motor was the best motor holden had (reliabilty wise)
VN auto is very harsh (every VN I have driven with an auto 3 of them)
the VR SS I drove (if this is suppose to be a sports car it's got bad handling for one), be more so suited for towing a caravan or boat which it would do at ease.
I do find alot of Commodore drivers are up themselves, not all but it's the wankers that give the Commodore a bad name unfortunatly
Commodores that are family cars (some) or owned buy a old person can be a good buy

and also the new Monaro is not a Monaro its a two door Commodore the old Monaros are classics!

man your opinions are similar to mine Smile

I dont mean to take sides here (i think we all hate commodores equally here) But what do you think the original monaros were? Merely a 2 door kingswood with some go fast bits...times havent changed at all it seems.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 26 September 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The boy is correct there, the old monaros are classics, I hope to restore either a HQ two door or a HK GTS one day, they are soo much nicer than the new ones. Smile
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 30 September 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no disrespect to anyone and im not dissing anyone but everyone seems to use their there and they're incorrectly

their shows ownership

their supra is better than our commodore

there is a place

hey who's that over there?

they're is a contraction and is short for they are

Damn I hate commodore drivers. They're so whack.

Everyone seems to make these mistakes so I think the more and more people that use them correctly the better.

Cheers Razz
bowlsclubboy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 30 September 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Thu, 30 September 2004 18:05

no disrespect to anyone and im not dissing anyone but everyone seems to use their there and they're incorrectly

their shows ownership

their supra is better than our commodore

there is a place

hey who's that over there?

they're is a contraction and is short for they are

Damn I hate commodore drivers. They're so whack.

Everyone seems to make these mistakes so I think the more and more people that use them correctly the better.

Cheers Razz

I don't know how this thread became a grammar (sp lol) and puncuation(sp) competition, but it does annoy me sometimes too...It's only an issue when someone types an entire life history of their car without a single full stop or capital in sight, its just hard to follow. In other news, most of us don't seem to like commodores and/or THEIR drivers

[Updated on: Thu, 30 September 2004 10:21]

org86t
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 01 October 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing well firstly ive got no beef with the Vl's (nissan motor yea) but the wanks that buy a newer mabye vs or something leave it standard buy a skafe shirt and cap and try to drag everything on the road their the wanks that need to be slapped up the side of the head Evil or Very Mad modded commeys are ok but cheap and yes they do drift but so what hope ya break something Very Happy
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sat, 02 October 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 27 September 2004 08:49

The boy is correct there, the old monaros are classics, I hope to restore either a HQ two door or a HK GTS one day, they are soo much nicer than the new ones. Smile

yeah I always wanted to restore a HK GTS you just can't beat the old classics. Very Happy

difference being with the old Monaros and new ones

1.Ones a Kingswood Coupe the others a Commodore coupe (main point being)

2.the old ones look nicer done up and have more street cred(my opinion) you can't beat the looks of the older cars Very Happy

3.The old Monaros are built to last and most work you can do yourself on the car

4.the newer monaro will piss ball the older ones in standard form (well of course they will theirs like 30+ years difference between the new and old)

5.was there any Kingswood sedan that came out factory with a 350 chevy? this could be another thing that was different I have never heard of a Kingswood coming out standard with 350 chevy as we know the 5.7l out of the Commodore is also found in the new Monaro

6.new Monaro has an ugly front end

there are many other differences for and against the new Monaro my biggest beef is it's looks and it's name. why not bring back the Belmont, Kingswood, Premier, Special and Brougham and the old sports models the S4, X2, the Toranas:-GTR, GTR-XU1, the SLR 5000 (my favorite one Very Happy) and the SS hatch backs as well!

what is so special about the new Monaro?

peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 03 October 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only thing I have to say about this thread is, My Holden Nova shits all over my Toyota Lexcen Wink
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Mon, 04 October 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Sun, 03 October 2004 21:09

The only thing I have to say about this thread is, My Holden Nova shits all over my Toyota Lexcen Wink

Laughing yeah you don't need much to beat a Toyoden Lexodore!
ae82
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 05 October 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God invented SHIT, holden made it move! Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 05 October 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Mon, 04 October 2004 09:45

peeack wrote on Sun, 03 October 2004 21:09

Laughing yeah you don't need much to beat a Toyoden Lexodore!

Yeah but what about my grannies holden apollo??

THEY ROCK! Laughing
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 05 October 2004 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok lets all come to a conclusion and end this war..
>
>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
Holden's and the people's attitudes are gay... all they know are burnouts cos thats all holdens are good for (yeah right!) they have no skill, wont ever learn how to heel and toe... WTF is drift?? and they suck as well.... when ever you see a broken down car by the side of the road it's always either 1. A REAL REAL old jap car... 2. A holden (even new ones) 3. A Ford.
4. A holden.... 5. a holden and so on..
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 06 October 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,385458,00.jpg
whats wrong with holden drivers? Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 06 October 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Went to Bathurst two years ago for the first time and was mad.Any way we had a Vp Berlina Station wagon that had a HSV 5L V8 that had been modified and was producing maybe 230Kw. The car was badged as a 3.8L V6 and had no bodykit what so ever. Lets just say some people had some rather suprised looks on their face looking at the badges and yet tryin to work out wheer that V8 rumble was coming from. We took on a El Falcon Gt through the hills from Orange to Bathurst and he was a little suprised when the wagon would not disappear.
hemi twofifteen turbo
Regular

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 07 October 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geez matde my old kinga waz a workhorse.

Commodore drivers bad? -- They are cheap 'powerful' cars,
so P platers who want decent power for cheap buy them. They
may attract more than their fair share of dicks, but don't
knock the car knock the drivers.

On a side note, being on the other side, all the dumb rice drivers revving out to 8k with there 4.7 final drives in first gear going 0-20km hahah. haah had a kingswood with every
door knocked in with a $1200 engine (308) and that was it and
beat 2jz supr'as etc in it. Was manual and 3.08 diff gears so
first gear went to around 90-100km/h, was fun watching the
rice go 1'st, 2'nd, 3'rd while i was still in first...

Every time i took off in it next to a stupid over exhaust
sized fwd piece of shit they'd try and go me. I just teased
them in first, then nailed it.. haah... I don't understand why
you want to angle exhausts UP!!! bigger exhausts are for flow not
for noise something the rice boys get mixed up with. I try to
quieten my car, they try to make it louded??!

I don't understand why every guy with a turbo rekon's he can
beat everything on the road just cause he's got a turbo!! haha..
yeah go rolling start, i hear your turbo.. he change down to 4500 in third or something.. i'm just in first.. or second... does'nt really matter.

Yeah wrxie you might have me on takeoff, but my balls will
make up for your 4wd and diff gears before you reach second
(which is in a brilk of an eye) and this with a 3.08 single
spinner... give me a 3.55 spool...

There's one from the otherside hehe..
Honestly, these discussions are pointless since dicks exist in
all walks of life. in all cars in life...

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 07 October 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Commodore vs Toyota Chaser
Its like Jurrasic Park vs Star Wars

Finally a quad cam V6
No more supercharge v6, sounds familiar? (ze, 20v)
I guess thats how manufactures save and make their money.
Wow!! There goes my weak internals
hemi twofifteen turbo
Regular

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 07 October 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The new holden motor also has variable cam timing on
both intake and exhaust, as well as variable intake tracts,
drive by wire etc....

Holden didn't need extra camshafts since they had 3.8 litres
of toque and a motor that didn't need to rev to make power..
smaller capacity engines rev harder to make up for lesser capacity (toque). Since revving harder puts more
demand on the engines valvetrain, OHC are incorporated to
solve that problem. With 'pushrod' V8's, why don't
they need OHC? They are large capacity, low revving torque
monsters. Take the Gen 3 for example.. lots of power
but still pushrods. If they needed to rev they would be designed with OHC.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 October 2004 12:31]

org86t
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 08 October 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is a commodore fan lots of modds and money spent and not to shy to show off a commodore's true colours.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 14:09]

org86t
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Fri, 08 October 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoops that didn't work
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Commadores annoy me Sat, 09 October 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hemi twofifteen turbo wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 21:10

geez matde my old kinga waz a workhorse.

Commodore drivers bad? -- They are cheap 'powerful' cars,
so P platers who want decent power for cheap buy them. They
may attract more than their fair share of dicks, but don't
knock the car knock the drivers.

On a side note, being on the other side, all the dumb rice drivers revving out to 8k with there 4.7 final drives in first gear going 0-20km hahah. haah had a kingswood with every
door knocked in with a $1200 engine (308) and that was it and
beat 2jz supr'as etc in it. Was manual and 3.08 diff gears so
first gear went to around 90-100km/h, was fun watching the
rice go 1'st, 2'nd, 3'rd while i was still in first...

Every time i took off in it next to a stupid over exhaust
sized fwd piece of shit they'd try and go me. I just teased
them in first, then nailed it.. haah... I don't understand why
you want to angle exhausts UP!!! bigger exhausts are for flow not
for noise something the rice boys get mixed up with. I try to
quieten my car, they try to make it louded??!

I don't understand why every guy with a turbo rekon's he can
beat everything on the road just cause he's got a turbo!! haha..
yeah go rolling start, i hear your turbo.. he change down to 4500 in third or something.. i'm just in first.. or second... does'nt really matter.

Yeah wrxie you might have me on takeoff, but my balls will
make up for your 4wd and diff gears before you reach second
(which is in a brilk of an eye) and this with a 3.08 single
spinner... give me a 3.55 spool...

There's one from the otherside hehe..
Honestly, these discussions are pointless since dicks exist in
all walks of life. in all cars in life...

Long live the kingie! Cheap horsepower with a 308 under the bonnet! I built a 1jz ma70 that was a lot of fun (r14 5 spd, 4.3:1 LSD) but it still wasn't as quick in a staight line as my brothers $3000 HJ kingswood (worked 308 with 650 holley and el-crapo Aussie 4 spd) Shocked Cheap and fun - except for replacing the 4-spd gearbox every two weeks and absolutely shithouse handling!
hemi twofifteen turbo
Regular

October 2003
Re: Commadores annoy me Sat, 09 October 2004 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah yeah those aussie 4'spd are shithouse.
getting the linkages stuck, grinding into reverse etc.
The brock boxes are ok (hardened gearset) but still noisy!
There was a wheels test on a VH como which said the box whined
in 3'rd (and the car was brand new!!) haha.
I was lucky enuff to have a supra box behind mine (though it blew 2 of them b4 i spend the $$ on a turbo box and spacer plate to fit it up)
A lot of fun, cheap, and pretty reliable!
org86t
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Sun, 10 October 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 09:00]

org86t
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Tue, 19 October 2004 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
org86t wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 13:39

this is a commodore fan lots of modds and money spent and not to shy to show off a commodore's true colours.

http://www.geocities.com/mrf_ool/100_0887.jpg
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 20 October 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bombodores are quite the annoying cars... a lot of the drivers of them are agressive and stupid too. The others are too old to drive or are government employees who dont care if they hit something.

At least it keeps the bogans out of good cars, like Toyotas Razz
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 20 October 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had some tosser the other night wanting to race the Camry in a VS SS Shocked just because I past him in the other lane. next set of lights his revving the titts out of the motor. I just wound down the window and say "whats it that slow you gotta race old stocko 4-cylinders" he started mubbling something back and then took off very quickly with a huge cloud of smoke coming from the exhaust. Tosser! I knew I'd get my arse kicked so I just drove normally .
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Commadores annoy me Wed, 20 October 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahah yeh so many tools in commodores get mega angry when you overtake them like a normal person...

When I was driving a camry, it had a towbar Laughing and i was driving home one day, had some bogan in a white VS following me... had a bodykit and all that. He was following pretty close, so i was careful on the brakes. Anyway, the lights went orange and I started to slow down... he did too, but stayed right on my arse. probably in the last few meters I started to brake harder and then i felt a slight jolt Smile Was the bogandores front ugly bodykit getting a nice hole in it Very Happy

He didn't look that happy, gave me the finger, I turned around and smiled at him, drove off (green lights! yay!) and got home quick smart Razz
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 21 October 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to actually take it one step further...

I've done some serious thinking over the years about this exact topic!

I reckon due to the extreme amout of commonwhore drivers out there, you are actually able to divide all these crazy commonwhore drivers up into sub-categories.

Here's a few that spring to mind...

1. The family man with his new "S" commonwhore - This sub-species is one of the types that has hatred of being overtaken (seems an inherent part of the entire species). Even if they are doing the speed limit and you overtake them in two lanes they are overcome by a strange competitive force. The will speed up to 30k's over the limit just to be in front of you again.

2. The young hoon p-plater in his VL commonwhore - Strangely, often white with grey bumpers. Tell tale signs of rear hubcaps missing that the Bob Jane All-Rounders are bald on the rear. Fond of leaving single wheel burnouts... also likes spinning the wheels through 1st 3 gears at the lights... in the wet!
Hey... just stand at an intersection one rainy day, take your own survey for five minutes on cars that take off from the lights like dickheads... mmm!

3. The more elderly guys with their SS's, Clubsports and Statey's - These are the older family guys that can afford a better commo... maybe it's their 3-4th one Smile)... maybe it's your dad or pop. These are definitely the coolest of all sub-categories... actually almost non-intrusive on the road. But often you will come across them on the best windy part of the road, where you were looking forward to gunning it but end up being stuck behind them through all these awesome twistys. Often in this situation the commo will be loaded with luggage of some sort. On roof racks or maybe it's a station wagon. Magna's and unfortunately, Camry's are distantly related to this sub-species of commonwhore driver.

4. The Old School (not Skool) V8 Commo Drivers - Also another generally unobtrusive sub-group. Mostly cruisers who take a lot of pride in their rides and have a real for love cars. Often dudes that have "gone hi-tech" by upgrading their chev equipped hq-hz... Can sometimes be know to have unpredictable tendancies when spotting any kind of Japanese sports car. Can be bad if the vehicles owned by this sub-species fall into the hands of no. 2 category.

I can think of maybe 3 other groups but bored of writing now...

Anyone else wanna finish them off for us?????
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Commadores annoy me Thu, 21 October 2004 13:20 Go to previous message
Thats so very true
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Who owns FLWOOL? Sydney RED SX
Next Topic:random call from the police
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:09:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0089731216430664 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.