Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 09:36 Go to next message
Did it today.... took dad on a bit of a hill run... not even goign over the speed limit and he kept tellin me to slow down ahhahaaha

If only he knew the speeds even a stocky st162 with some decent springs could do hehehe.

Any stories???
  Send a private message to this user    
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everytime im in the car with the girlfriend she tells me to let her out because im scaring her. It was worse when once after some rain i gunned it around the corner and we had big drift happening. She was shitting then.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to this day my mum's only ever driven in the car with me once. "I know what marcus (my brother) was/is like im not getting a car with you". Laughing

She asked me who i was racing etc. last night when i got home....... the thing is i wasn't racing!

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all of my family members hate my enthusiastic driving with a passion, ive only taken my mum in the car and driven hard once, she was pissing me off, and i was in a pissed off mood, i had the RX7 back then and she got absolutly scared shitless after i boosted it around a large roundabout with the tail hanging out all the way

the funny thing is. she knows that i go to tracks and drift on tracks, and she always asks how it goes..

she also recently bought an MGf, i know she likes driving, its just needs to come out the closet Wink
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mum encourages me to do burnouts and make noise to upset old ladies who grumble at the noise both my cars have made Wink

i think shes secretly wanting me to get a venting BOV just to piss more people off Wink

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahah stu........ Im bringing the mr2 up one night for ya mum. Hmmmmmm that sounds a little dodgy Laughing

My mum and dad used to race when they were my age so its no wonder im the same. I once busted doughnuts on my l's, dad clipped me over the head but i think he was laughing on the inside!
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohhh, My dad leads by example by cutting some big black lines up our drive way in an old 69 Stingray he was re-wiring at the time. But when I drove him to the airport the other night, he claimed I was going "to fast" in a 80k zone even tho I was doing 60 Laughing

My uncle trys to scare me in his Skyline (alot of sideways) but hasnt managed to yet
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe - fun fun !
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Reminds me of an old saying my dad used to say...

"I wish I die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, unlike the screaming of his passengers" Smile

seeyuzz
river
Browny
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my dad is the biggest hoon ive eva met. he often gets his pathfinder sideways around corner. Took my mum for a drive once and even when i was going 60 in a 60 zone she was saying slow down. she was bagging everything i do ("U change gears to fast", "U turn too fast") so leaving a carpark near my house planted it snakey up the road into second abit more snakey then stopped and acted liek nothing had happened. she looks at me with a your in trobule look and my reply "What did i do?"
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing my mum tells me not to rev the car so hard...i get it up to 5000rpm on take off Rolling Eyes

Did the same thing with a burnout...told me to get out of the car and she'll drive...pfff live that'll happen Laughing
Browny
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5000RPM....... yes well my peak power in my drive car is 4200rpm so 5000 is reving its tits off
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I plan on giving my mum a bit of a scare in the Supra when it's up and running, but as for my Dad, he's worse than I am. He recently saw some drifting comps on the Discovery channel on foxtel, I think he wants an AE86 now.
I know he was a bit of a hoon in both his MG B and VB commo back in the day.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol - my dad reckons he needs to give me a lesson in how to do good AWD burnouts - but he had a WRX and I had a shitty boost-limited GT4 ST165 so I reckon it's unjustified Very Happy
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the thread would get more responses if you asked ...

"Has anyone been scared by a family member driving YOU around..."

(note: asian parents)

Razz
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was driving in the Northern Territory when this sign caught my eye Wink

http://www.accesscarrentals.com/mall/accesscarrentals/images/sign-no-limit.gif

Naturally I had to test the theory Razz Pushing my rented 'rolla up to 200+ on the speedo...

Although my dad didn't say anything he was gripping the passenger handle quite hard (i.e. white knuckles Laughing )
PyRoMaNiAc
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everytime i take my mum in the car shes always telling me 2 slow down... i think she does it just out of habbit or 2 piss me off ( she taught me how 2 drive
shes driven my car a couple of times and i swear shes hit the rev limiter goin up our street!

i acutally followed her home from work one afternoon, she was at a set of lights next to an P' plater in a SS VS reving it up!
to my suprize she gives "it" a rev. She let the SS know whos boss!

yes my mother is a hoon
she drives this and yes its a little modified Smile
http://users.bigpond.net.au/pyromaniac/Car/SRC/rex.JPG)
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i put my foot down.. my mum screamed out scared as shit
wont ever get in my car again
"I dont wanna die"
my step dad loves my car and hammers it whenever he is in it

[Updated on: Sun, 03 October 2004 14:59]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Browny wrote on Sun, 03 October 2004 21:13

my dad is the biggest hoon ive eva met. he often gets his pathfinder sideways around corner. Took my mum for a drive once and even when i was going 60 in a 60 zone she was saying slow down. she was bagging everything i do ("U change gears to fast", "U turn too fast") so leaving a carpark near my house planted it snakey up the road into second abit more snakey then stopped and acted liek nothing had happened. she looks at me with a your in trobule look and my reply "What did i do?"

u sure that wasnt my mum?
sounds exactly the same
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is it with mums & speed??? My mum used to rally a Corolla back in her uni days Wink And she was a Celica nut who had some classics throughout the 70's. Gotta scan some pics for the Celica fans!!!

Anyway my dad told me about their drive back from WA, apparently from the center of South Australia she got back home to the east coast of NSW in under 9 hours Shocked She was also warned by my dads boss about gunning it up the driveway & doing handbrake turns in his works parking lot Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 03 October 2004 15:27]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Mon, 04 October 2004 01:11

What is it with mums & speed??? My mum used to rally a Corolla back in her uni days Wink And she was a Celica nut who had some classics throughout the 70's (gotta scan some pics)...

Anyway my dad told me about their drive back from WA, apparently from the center of South Australia she got back home to the east coast of NSW in under 9 hours Shocked

She was also warned by my dads boss about gunning it up the driveway & doing handbrake turns in his works parking lot Laughing

ur mum is jesus
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coming home from work last night. Dad was driving and anyway he started falling asleep so he got me to take over. Anyways some of the trip is on a country road and so one has to be warey of stray animals (kangaroos, cows, goats, etc and even a pig) so their i was listening to dad snoring away, watching the road and watching the sides when out of nowhere a kangaroo hops in front of the car (pretty lucky in a way cause dads camry has a massive bullbar). Dad almost went though the roof "Where the fuck are you going?!", "Its ok we only hit a horse and its rider went over the roof. Its all good!", "Oh, ok" and he started to go back to sleep about 2min later he jumps up "What the fuck you hit a horse!" Poor guy wouldn't go back to sleep after that.
And thats only one story of dads white knuckle adventures Laughing
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mum hasn'r stepped into a car with me for over 10 years. Ever since we went backwards over a mound and into the carpark at westmead hospital (near the new kidney shaped roundabout). All because a fucker in a crapadore didn't like being passed up the inside, in the wet, by a renault 10. So he tapped us off. If in space no one can hear you scream, then they all found theit way out and into the car that day.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sun, 03 October 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mums pretty funny, she doesnt have a grasp on physics. I once went thru an orange light intersection (turning) it was only about 50km/h in the parents mazda and she started screaming 'AHH SLOW DOWN, YOU COULD HAVE TIPPED OVER! ARE YOU CRAZY!!!' Laughing
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 04 October 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't believe how many stories have come out of this....

To everyone here i have to say "LOL"....

I always knew parents didn't like "PASSIONATE" drivers.....

I took my mum out once and i revved the st162 to 4500 grand and said i was burnin the engine

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 04 October 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BURNING THE ENGINE!??

FIRE IN YOUR ENGINE ====== BAD!

my folks were ex-car clubbers too, but theyre all for cruising on the street and saving the fun for the track so i always get blasted if i try anything on the roads, unless its with reasonable corse!
whenevr dad 'test drives' the t-18, i love it! he goes way faster than i ever do just on the limit of breaking traction on every corner
Browny
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 04 October 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only time my dad has been scared is when one of my friend took my dad for a drive in his wrx throuhg clarendon. i was in the back going meh cause he really wasnt going that fast. my dad gets out and goes woah u really like to push it. a few times there my nerves jumped. my friend looked at me and i looked at him both going wtf.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 04 October 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not that my mum doesnt like modified cars, its that she doesnt understand them.

She told me i was ruining my car when i took the sound deadening out.. Rolling Eyes And my old man, he wont come for a drive in the hills with me, dont know why? scared maybe? He also thinks my car is heaps fast, like in a straight line accel test, i mean cmon its a 4age, not fast at all.. Rolling Eyes

My brother is 20 now, doesnt even have his L's (what a loser i know). He doesnt get scared in the car with me, because he has no licence he rides with me all the time and knows my limits.. i think he got scared when i crashed my car into a wall on gorge tho, LOL Laughing
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 04 October 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cricket grand final pissup our team had won.
So the old man and like 4 other guys were in the car with me doing doughnuts on the oval he loved it they all did.
I was just waiting for the all the prudish people to come over and tell me to stop instead we got 5 other cars out there doing the same thing it was awesome .
I've scared my sister once . Doin fishtails up out dirt road she was screaming and hitting me in the arm lol.
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 04 October 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've taught mum heaps about the whole modified car scene and drift, and she loves it, except when she asks what I'm doing for the night and I tell her "Ummm going drifting with friends after midnight" she's all like "Ohh please don't" (prefers me to be normal and go out and get drunk) then when I see her in the morning she asks "How was it?"
Anyway now she knows she can't stop me, and she wants me to take her out one night so she can learn (in her words) "defensive driving techniques" anyway I suggested she should do an advanced driving course, she's now finding a place to do it.

My brother on the other hand has absolutely no interest or clue for that matter about cars, he drives an Accent and changes gears at every 20km/h interval even when he drives up steep hills, the car starts to stall Rolling Eyes Anyway I took him for a GOR run one day and since then he has shown a little more interest in my hobbies (or maybe pretends so I don't take him again). He now knows how to recognise "RICE" too. Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 04 October 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah my mother lives near Mt. Donnabuang (sp?). I drove up there to get some spring water (don't like drinking tap water, so I get spring water in big bottles for home). Anyway, it's a 100 zone all the way up. I never got over 80 though 'cuz my car sucks. On the way back down I hit 100 a few times though. She didn't say much. Started picking on my driving once we got down.

Next time we went up it was a bit icy and she said "Now it's icy, so no playing race cars." I found that so demeaning I felt like ripping the hand break up around every corner, but I didn't 'cuz unlike her, I know my limits.

Anyway I think they changed the speed limit to 80 now. Sad

It's anoying when my mother picks on my driving. Inevitably it comes down to this:

Mum: "You've had an accident in the passed 4 years. I haven't had one in 20 years. So I'm a better driver."
Me: "Yeah, how many cars have I written off since I got my licence? I have a feeling it's less that the TWO you wrote off when you first got yours."

That shuts her up. Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 04 October 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha
one time my step dad was dropping me off drinking in my car
the whole way there he didnt go over 3k rpm and im thinking "thats not like him"
so i get out of the car.. he revs it up and goes full throttle through till 4th gear down the street fishying all the way.. got looks from everyone.. the bastard..
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 04 October 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my little sios is the only one that will jump in the car with me if im gonna go drifting or aqnything. my bro has no choice cause he is usually in the car already Laughing but he has one hand on the roof, one on the dash and his feet fully stretched to the firewall Laughing Laughing Laughing Evil or Very Mad

my parents wont jump in the car at all if they know im gonna go crazy, hell unless it is the only car thee they wont jump in it at all
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 04 October 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha teh owned Laughing

yeah its a very common thing this 'misunderstanding' of modified cars, or just the love of driving. my mum can't understand why i'm in car clubs out cruising at night, going up ald pac once a week at night just for the fun of it.

my dad is wierd though.... he wont let me give his car anything, and its a super 6 caprice, it gets so boring driving that thing on 60 with him in the passenger seat. but then when i tell him about getting my corollas back end out he doesn't care. meh i'm so used to being told to slow down now by family that i slow down but give the car a bit through the corners hahaha
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 04 October 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY mum
i scare my mum often, she hates it, i would tell her im a trying to blow the engine ( 4ac ) so i could get a decent one and she is telling me it is a waste of money etc...the 4ac blew up last week ha ha ha...

My dad
Dad is a petrol head, a motor bike man, but does like cars..
every time dad drops me off at the pub in my car, he always does a clutch dropping u turn, everyone looks at this old guy acting like a 17 year old

i have been borrowing his car everyday since then and he hates it...

he found some recipts for parts i have bought ( waiting on delivery ) and he know when the engine is going in..he thinks he will be doing hills runs in it everyday....fat chance....he respects ae86's..he took one for a drive ( a modified one ) sometime ago and said fuck that was fun..he knew i already wanted one, so he paid towards the car so he could drive it....tripper lol, we didnt buy the modded one now he wants me to hurry up with the mods...i said "this trd suspension should be good...he says "ill be the judge of that!tho... Laughing Laughing

on my L plates in his car we used to do timed runs down eagles...yes my dad is sometimes cool....i scared him a few times, but when he drove! fuck me! he had normally had a few beers and was showing off i was shitting myself most of the way..
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Tue, 05 October 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, nice thread, everyone has mothers that are all the same lol. ive scared the shit out of my old lady before when i had my Commodore, hooked round a few roundabouts in the wet a few times, she wasnt happy haha, she only came in the car with me a few times in my Sprinter, i was flat shifting and revving the arse outta the 4ac, she wasnt happy then either. Laughing

same with my aunty, she cant stand coming in the car with any of the males in the family, my dad, me, my cousin, my uncle, she shits herself everytime. i cant wait till the 4agte is in the Sprinter, ill take both my mum and aunty for a spin, they'll be screaming like banshees to get out lmao!! Very Happy

my dad had done up Commodores when he was young, but now just burns round in a little Gemini, he drove the Sprinter in 4ac mode and i know he liked it, even though he kept a straight face, but i know he'll give the 4agte a bit of a punch once he gets used to a turbo spooling up. Cool
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Wed, 06 October 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the thing is my parents haven't steped in my with the turbo conversion yet... I think they saying something! Laughing Rolling Eyes

But when the celica was still a 3s-ge mum used to go off at me for anythign even when it wasn't illegal, and she always used to go get out of 4th and go in 5th on highway. but anyoen with a SX celica 4th gen would know the stock 5 speed is realy short and 5th is a high rever on the highway!

And she go off at me reving it past 4000, i mean T-VIS is just kickign in there!

My dad is rev head but doesn't show it much now! it a rare occation to get it out of him!

MY brother used to and still to a degree not like when i go a bit fast, etc! he like the BOV theo which i thorught he wouldn't!

He didn't like me revign out first all the up the Australia Fair Car park ramp, man that the best thing to do with a sports exhuast, turbo spool and BOV!

Nezza Cool
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Wed, 06 October 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, I got my first ever 'slow down' from a male passenger on Sunday. Giving the MR2 some stick up in the hills... God I miss back roads, living down in the city. :/

Mum tends to be difficult to drive with. She'll wait until I'm in the middle of something and then start screaming (unless it's a corner, in which case she'll be saying 'oh god please slow down I'm scared no please be careful wwaaaAAAAAHHHHH' while we're still 100m from the actual corner. Then after the opportunity for fun has been well and truly spoiled, she'll go all apologetic and the only way to make her stop is to say it's OK and she didn't do anything wrong. One time I was a nose ahead of a Porsche (old Carrera, I think it was). Beforehand, I'd said 'yep, I'm going for it' and she said OK. I chirp the tyres on the first-second change and suddenly it's "OH GOD NO!!!". I backed off immediately thinking she'd seen an accident or a small child magically appearing on the highway or something similarly unlikely but no, that's just her preferred method of driving the car from the passenger seat. *grump*

My sister, on the other hand, is way cool.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Wed, 06 October 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fractoid wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 12:58

Heh, I got my first ever 'slow down' from a male passenger on Sunday. Giving the MR2 some stick up in the hills... God I miss back roads, living down in the city. :/

Mum tends to be difficult to drive with. She'll wait until I'm in the middle of something and then start screaming (unless it's a corner, in which case she'll be saying 'oh god please slow down I'm scared no please be careful wwaaaAAAAAHHHHH' while we're still 100m from the actual corner. Then after the opportunity for fun has been well and truly spoiled, she'll go all apologetic and the only way to make her stop is to say it's OK and she didn't do anything wrong. One time I was a nose ahead of a Porsche (old Carrera, I think it was). Beforehand, I'd said 'yep, I'm going for it' and she said OK. I chirp the tyres on the first-second change and suddenly it's "OH GOD NO!!!". I backed off immediately thinking she'd seen an accident or a small child magically appearing on the highway or something similarly unlikely but no, that's just her preferred method of driving the car from the passenger seat. *grump*

My sister, on the other hand, is way cool.

my sister who is 12 tells me to get up it any time she is in the car
she lovs it
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Wed, 06 October 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was about to say no one really tells me off, but come to think of it none of them ever go in my car.

i was gonna take dad up eagle on the hill once i got my coilovers in but he wouldnt. its not cos hes scared but because he dosent want to see how fast i can actually go.

im pretty fast on eagle on the hill anyone wanna race me?
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Wed, 06 October 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isnt it funny when they say ure stuffin ure engine revving it that high, and you say yeah what part am i stuffin. and they go ohhh, ohhh. Laughing
i think some people tell u to slow down just to annoy you.
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Thu, 07 October 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havn't had a family get in a car with me as a driver for AGES the last was my brother offered him a lift home from the shops in my car at that time (commo with mini spool) didn't like the fact i had the wheels spining the whole way back to our house.

my old man don't mind my driving surprised him a fair bit tho, he took me when i went to sit my P's test on the way up he said i was a good driver and he had no problems, instructor failed me for failing to give way to a truck.....i thought if i didn't give way my car would be squashed but oh well, he also said i didn't accelarate off hard enough so to show him a point while leaving i nailed it and fish tailed it up the street he was shocked to say the least.
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Thu, 07 October 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 16:17

instructor failed me for failing to give way to a truck.....i thought if i didn't give way my car would be squashed
how ironic
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Fri, 08 October 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to get shit frm my mom. She asks what did i do to the car?? She thinks that it consumes lots of fuel just because the exhaust is bloody loud!! (only a cannon muffler, nothin else!!)

I had a mate who would like to pull my handbrake while im turning at junctions in housing areas Shocked Shocked Just when ur about to go WTF!! he lets it down and the car grips as u counter steer. Bloody scary but becomes fun b4 u can even start swearing..
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Fri, 08 October 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skein wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 18:49

instructor failed me for failing to give way to a truck.....i thought if i didn't give way my car would be squashed
how ironic

yes skein very ironic......get over it that was exactly a yr ago today that happened and its one of the best things thats happened to me, reason

aint a commodore boy no more. I learnt from my errors and have onlly had jap cars since.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Fri, 08 October 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once a commodore boy, always a commodore boy Very Happy its in your evil blood haha

plus, u do live in salisbury, the commodores natural environment hahahhahaha
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Fri, 08 October 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 11:26

Skein wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 18:49

how ironic

yes skein very ironic......get over it that was exactly a yr ago today that happened and its one of the best things thats happened to me, reason

aint a commodore boy no more. I learnt from my errors and have onlly had jap cars since.

hey im over it man, its just really ironic.

btw were those forklifts jap?
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Fri, 08 October 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i still work for a forklift company, and no they used to be irish and american now they are south aussie fantastic engineerd pieces of machinery.

ps. supra on hold i'm buying a ZXR250 ninja next week : Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Sat, 09 October 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sun, 03 October 2004 19:44

She asked me who i was racing etc. last night when i got home....... the thing is i wasn't racing!

you own a mr2 your *always* racing Smile if theres no one around then your racing yourself..and you always have to try harder cause you never can quite beat yourself Smile
Benno
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 11 October 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let's get back on topic eh?

My Mum gave me my first driving lesson in her KE30 Corolla, waay back in 1980, the car was an auto and all we were going to do was drive around the block a few times to get the hang of it. I managed about two circuits and was waiting to turn right at a "T" junction. There had been some resurfacing work done around that time and the junction had a drift of loose blue metal chips on it. A car was approaching from the right, and to my inexperienced eye, was coming in quickly. I made the choice to turn so I thought I'd better do it pretty sharpish. The mighty 'Rolla engine spun the rears in the gravel and, thanks to awful tyres, kept spinning. I launched out of the side street an pulled a mighty slide, I tried to catch it but only succeeded in over controlling it back in the opposite direction. I fishtailed up the street about three times with my Mother haning on and calling my name in a thin voice of panic. The approaching car saw the situation and stopped, he was miles away and well out of the firing line. I finally tamed the snarling beast and procceded up the road. As I passed the stoped car, the male driver was pissing himself laughing. Then my Mum said to me " drive straight home and park in the driveway, don't worry about the garage. Then go up into the house, pour me a Scotch and bring it back down to the car." Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 11 October 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dad seriously thought we were going to "take off" when I took him for a drive in my RX3. He made me pull over and he walked home.

I think the problem was that the only time he had experienced acceleration like it was in a plane on takeoff.... And he has a major fear of flying!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Taken a family member out on a drive and scared the crap out of em? Mon, 11 October 2004 04:06 Go to previous message
Parents are pretty big hypocrits, my dad on several occassions has changed down from fifth to second on the freeway accidentally but if I had done it he would go off gis nut yet if we question him he just mutters about him having to do all the driving when we go out or on holidays. I am personally scared every time I get in the car with him constant late braking sees him partially on roundabouts or intersections, then he starts off so slowly especially in the camry with its wooden accelerator pedal and you are like get the fuck off the intersection before that car hits me.
Any ways about three weeks ago was driving with my dad in the car and normally I drive totally sedately with him otherwise he goes off his nut and prob hide the keys to my car. Anyway was in a merging lane through a roundabout and there was like a 1990 323 beside me that I thought I should let pass before changing into his lane, my dad says "you've got more power than him so just pass him" I was like whAt the fuck. If I had just punched it and gone in front of the guy in the first place he would go off at me.
My brother who drives an Echo regularly when I'm in the car revs out to 4 thousand plus and says how his car go alright and like who cares, I accelrate just a bit more than average out of a roundabout and he having a go at me and calling me a hoon.
My uncle when my auntie first got her integra took us out and was doing like 120 through the back streets of cronulla through roundabouts. When I took him for a drive I went like 40 around a really tight corner that I should have gone around at say 20-30 but I didn't know was that tight, it was an honest mistake yet he still thinks I'm a crazy driver.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:mods to a camry?
Next Topic:Is this your car?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:38:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008746862411499 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.