Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 10:36 Go to next message
i was wonderin what most people think is more stylish on the ra40 celicas. square or round headlights? im currently painting my ra40 an have both front ends. i think the square headlight bumpers are a little bulky as opposed to the shiney chrome bumper of the make I ra40.

http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/CasualAds_images/1326912_.jpg
this is a square front end ra40 (make II ra40)

http://home.swipnet.se/ntsc/bilar/fredrik%20numelin.jpg
and here is the round headlight front end ra40 (make I)

anyway tell me ure opinion

thanx
brett

(photos from google)
  Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
both are uglier then a crack whore in the early AM
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon square...gives it a tougher look Razz
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Square.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Sun, 03 October 2004 21:01

i reckon square...gives it a tougher look Razz

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what he said
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yep. Square.

seeyuzz
river
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
square
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, in on that square party.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neither - go the headlights from a (MXsomething?). I have seen pics of an Ra40 converted liek this, IIRC it's bolt on.

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found them & uploaded them, scans of a magazine I was sent a long time ago, thought you might enjoy this worked RA40 (with cressida headlights)

edit: I keep stuffing up the URLS!

[Updated on: Sun, 03 October 2004 12:15]

amwtoy
Regular

March 2004
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think as far as stock goes, square lights are better, but there's no question the bumper is butt ugly. Rear bumper is worse than the front, though. If i had the bucks i'd look at getting a custom steel or possibly fibreglass job like Bluewire.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Sun, 03 October 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Sun, 03 October 2004 22:12

I found them & uploaded them, scans of a magazine I was sent a long time ago, thought you might enjoy this worked RA40 (with cressida headlights)

edit: I keep stuffing up the URLS!

that actually looks good
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Mon, 04 October 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, deifnantly the square, the round ones make it look like one of those whacked out european cars from the 80s. ARGH
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Mon, 04 October 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seems like square is the go Smile .
hmmmm...that ra40 with the cressy lights looks ok Very Happy . i have acces to a cressida, mx62, i can get any parts offf it for free too Very Happy . might get the lights, try it see what it looks like.

the bumper, what would you guys think about having a makeI ra40 bumper (chrome one) goin with the square headlights(makeII) . i love the chrome Very Happy

thanx for the input

brett
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Mon, 04 October 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The round ones look like a scared rabbit

The square ones look like a drunk with his bottom lip punched and swolen.

id go with that cressida conversion, that looks the goods!
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Mon, 04 October 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
either go round with some colour cosing on the grille etc.
or
square with full billet slat grill that goes indicator to indicator. covering those hideous lights
my 2c.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Mon, 04 October 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anybody kno the particular cressida model, maybe somebody with a cressy can match it to their's. bit of a long shot though.

thanx

brett
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Mon, 04 October 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
i went n got the cressida(MX62) lights, and dummy tried it on. looks Confused different, but okay. trim is a lil diferent and mounts are a lil different too. i will post pics soon though.

i dont mind this look
http://www.speedtoys.com/~stefan/images/untitled2. jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2004 11:02]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Mon, 04 October 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell yeah.. single headlights looks tough.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Mon, 04 October 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, I linked them rather than wrap them in [img] tags because they're scans from a magazine... don't want anyone getting in toruble or anything. Have no idea if it works like that or not.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Mon, 04 October 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*edited*
is really gunna cause that mutch of a fuss?
what about if u put "courtesy of ____ magazine"?

anyway, nevermind
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: square or round headlights.....which is better, more stylish Tue, 05 October 2004 04:51 Go to previous message
definately cressy ones
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:why are some import cars only allowed for race/track use?
Next Topic:Got my 86!!! now with the problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:03:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054349899291992 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.