Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
icon10.gif  Awesome cars in NZ Fri, 01 October 2004 04:18 Go to next message
Hi Guys,

Well I'm in NZ at the moment, and the cars here are amazing! They are cheap and they have models that we have never seen in Australia!

Models like Mid 90's celicas that are GTR's with 4WS and a 3S-GTE's. Lots of Levin's GT-APEX and Treuno's(speeling) from what appear to be mid 90's. Even the Cornona.

In a net cafe, have to leave, will continue this message next time I get in a net cafe, gf wants to leave Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Fri, 01 October 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep
nz is so lucky
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Fri, 01 October 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3SGE***** GTR's are all Non Turbo Razz

But I bet most of you havnt seen one of these before Razz

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Toyo ta/auction-16376854.htm
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Fri, 01 October 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that vessosa is very nice, shame its as ugly as a bushpigs ballbag Razz
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Fri, 01 October 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yeah, it's not a pretty car.

Good ol' NZ.... see what sort of great car you can get, and the prices they are, when you don't have your own car companies that require protection traiffs.

seeyuzz
river
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Fri, 01 October 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just heard a rumour that thier Govt has secured a deal with holden or something and now they are going to put tarrifs on thier imported cars Confused

Is that correct?
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Fri, 01 October 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt go saying how great NZ is. Sure we get thousands of WRXs, Evos and Skylines (we have the biggest Skyline fleet outside of Japan!!) and there dirt cheap but we missed every old school Toyota. We have a small range of KE20-35 Corolla's and a million AE82/92 FXGT's and simular cars and a few KE70's but none of the big sedans like the Crown and Corona's.

For Example, a TA22 in rough but legal conidtion can fetch up to $5000-6000nz. Considering you can get a tidy late model AE101 GT-Apex or AE111 BZ-G with high km's for the same cash Sad Christ, you can even pick up a good SW20 Turbo MR2 for $6000 nowdays Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Fri, 01 October 2004 09:34]

NutyMike
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Fri, 01 October 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea gotta love the cheap imports here but dang wish i could get a cheap oldschool ride
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Fri, 01 October 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daemon wrote on Fri, 01 October 2004 16:26

looks sweet.
there is one competing in D1 in japan now.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Fri, 01 October 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Did you see Tarry's (TMAX) old school RA28 in the NZ Performance Car magazine? Nice car. He says that the old classics are indeed rare beasts over there. Hell, they're getting rare over here too.

seeyuzz
river
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Fri, 01 October 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i was in NZ - all i saw were Skylines - FXgt corollas , and bloody MILLIONS of legacy wagons ( gt ones )

im sure every second person in NZ had one of these Wink

My favorites though was the WRX i managed to drag race and beat in a pissy 1.3litre corolla hire car ( phear the 3afe! ) - and the st182 Celica driver with the HUGE ralliart sticker on the side of it who i politely told " your a Fking tool mate - its a toyota - open your Fking eyes ! "

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Fri, 01 October 2004 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love the evo 3 wagons there
kp60 starlets
legacy rs
peugeot 205 gti6
nz is great
dgale86
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Sat, 02 October 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 01 October 2004 22:09

when i was in NZ - all i saw were Skylines - FXgt corollas , and bloody MILLIONS of legacy wagons ( gt ones )

im sure every second person in NZ had one of these Wink

My favorites though was the WRX i managed to drag race and beat in a pissy 1.3litre corolla hire car ( phear the 3afe! ) - and the st182 Celica driver with the HUGE ralliart sticker on the side of it who i politely told " your a Fking tool mate - its a toyota - open your Fking eyes ! "

yeah man... i believe you that you beat a rex in a rolla... Confused
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Sat, 02 October 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
believe it - it happened Wink

was funny as all hell Wink

never comes down to power VS power - it comes down to dickheads not knowing how to get a rex launched - and being taken by the gayest of all corollas Wink

you could beat a rex on a Bicycle if the tosser behind the wheel cant get it off the mark
dgale86
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Sat, 02 October 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well in that case i believe you, i hate tossers who think they know how to drive just because they own a half decent car. they give the rest a bad name. Mad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Sat, 02 October 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - im not silly enough to take on a rex in a gay rolla - if the guy could drive it properly Wink ( edited - bad engrish )

nods - to top it off i got a looser flyby and a PSSShht from him as he eventually roared past me thru a yellow light Wink

but the monent had come past - and laughter ensured Wink

[Updated on: Sat, 02 October 2004 11:24]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Mon, 04 October 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More of an update, althought I dont know how long I've got.

I'm quite keen on the Caldina's and Caldigs(I think), they look bloody awesome, I can see why Wagonist likes them so much. Yes there are a lot of Skylines here And those Legacy wagons are also pretty kool. Another car I see a lot of is the Mitsub. MMC GTO, it's actually not a bad looking car.

I'm assuming the import rules from NZ to AUS are the same no matter what, so it's the same 15year import rule. I could get a 1997 Caldina, 5 spd, GZ model for $8000 with 26,000Km's it should be illegal!

There are even these wierd things called Corolla II's

Anyway gotta go again....
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Mon, 04 October 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daemon wrote on Fri, 01 October 2004 16:26

Does anyone in Australia get frontcuts from New Zealand? I'd be keen on a front cut of one of these at some stage...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Awesome cars in NZ Mon, 04 October 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm JZX110
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Mon, 04 October 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing We dont get many 1JZ Cars over here, so better off going to your local supplier.

And i think you mean Caldina and Carib*** Its basicly a AE111 chassis but station wagon body, Good news is that you can get a 20v black top 4AGE verson Smile Quite nice cars.

And I own a Corolla2/Corsa/Tercel........ its all the same chassis. Its basicly a Starlet chassis and motor but they come in 1500cc to 1300cc, sedan to hatch, early 80ties to late 90ties. Mine was $5000nz for 1997 Tercel, 1500cc - 5E-FHE 110hp grunter, 5spd, ABS, A/C, P/W, P/S and only 70,000kms. Nothing specail but it gets from A to B and cheap on the gas while I save for a AW11 to build up.

Their mainly USDM spec cars but become quite popular in the JDM market. Theres alot of 4EFTE turbo swaps and also alot of modified SCCA race ones. Ive even know of one to run a 165hp n/a 5EFHE Very Happy
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Tue, 05 October 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea Carib....it's hard to read the other car names moving at 120km/h Smile

I've decided on the car I NEED to import from NZ

1998 Caldina GT-T I've no idea what engine it's got, but I'm kinda hoping for a 3S-GTE I'll need to do more reasearch when I get back to OZ.

Even better I hope we have the odd Caldina in OZ...hmm time to do some searchin!

[Updated on: Tue, 05 October 2004 04:27]

Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Tue, 05 October 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Tue, 05 October 2004 14:27

Yea Carib....it's hard to read the other car names moving at 120km/h Smile

I've decided on the car I NEED to import from NZ

1998 Caldina GT-T I've no idea what engine it's got, but I'm kinda hoping for a 3S-GTE I'll need to do more reasearch when I get back to OZ.

Even better I hope we have the odd Caldina in OZ...hmm time to do some searchin!

Yes, 3SGTE manual or auto 4WD.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Wed, 06 October 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you can get a 4WD manual with a 3S-GTE....see below

Mod Body type Drive Trans Fuel Displ Engine
GT-T Wagon 4WD MT G 2.0 3S-GTE E-ST215W-DWMZZ

See

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/caldina/1 997_9/
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Wed, 06 October 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although they could be classing the tiptronic as a manual trans...who knows....
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Wed, 06 October 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 19:33

Although they could be classing the tiptronic as a manual trans...who knows....

No they came Auto, Triptronic and 5spd, but the 5spd is very rare. 190kw 3SGTE and first year of production was about 96 to 2004 with three different facelifts.

Newest Shape
http://www.autopoint.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?Use dCarID=356165&TabID=5755&Alias=autopointnz

Early years
http://www.autopoint.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?Use dCarID=392279&TabID=5755&Alias=autopointnz

The early ones have two different tail lights, mainly the only difference.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 October 2004 10:29]

buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Awesome cars in NZ Sat, 09 October 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How hard is it to import from New Zealand? Anyone have any experience or links to any sites with the legalities of the matter?
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Sat, 09 October 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think this looks PHAT and for only 6g's

http://202.21.128.4/photoserver/3/5825603_full.jpg

BEN
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Mon, 11 October 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buck naked wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 19:21

How hard is it to import from New Zealand? Anyone have any experience or links to any sites with the legalities of the matter?

This I am looking in to....I'm almost just thinking about trying to get a Supra as they are on the SEVs list, getting a Caldina on there will be much work, then you'd need compliance plates and a RAWs ick, importing sucks... if not impossible, I havn't read all the fine print yet, or looked at the forms. Gimme a few months.

Only thing I like about NZ is I could go there and test drive a few over a weekend, otherwise I'm guessing it's cheaper to get cars straight from Japan...

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 12:24]

buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Awesome cars in NZ Mon, 11 October 2004 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do post back about what you find out!
SXer
Regular

May 2002
Re: Awesome cars in NZ Mon, 11 October 2004 18:01 Go to previous message
When I was there I saw heaps of Mitsu Liberos - basically a Lancer GSR Wagon (T4) and Mitsu Legnums - again a Galant GSR wagon (TT V6). Very nice indeed.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:where can i get my twin carbs rebuilt and dyno tuned???
Next Topic:demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:20:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059731006622314 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.