Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
stereo up the shit IMPROVED Sun, 26 September 2004 05:55 Go to next message
its been one problem after the next with my cheap setup

to start with the sanyo head deck is drawing power when the car is turned off via the 12v constant power wire, resulting in a flat battery every morning, so whenver i use the stereo i have to connect this wire, and disconnect it when not in use
next the front speaker wires coming from the head decided to stop working completely
the head then goes to the amp, the amp has a bridged connection for sub, works fine, a rear right speaker, works fine, rear left speaker, buggered, if u put ur ear right up to it u can hear it making a TINY bit of noise,
i've checked all the speakers they are in top condition and i cant see any wireing problems anywhere, this setup was working sweet for about 6 months till it blew a fuse then all hell broke loose, the fuse had the number on it 10, and i replaced it with one that said 20....bad idea?

so do i just have one fucked up head unit, or theres more to it?

the head is probably still under warranty but lost the receipt :@
the amp however i still have the receipt and it under warranty if thats whats causeing the rear left and rear right to be unbalanced

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2004 10:18]

Send a private message to this user    
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, by all accounts it sounds like your headunit is f^##ed.

And yes it is a bad idea to put a 20amp fuse in place of a 10amp fuse. Try another headunit is all that i can suggest.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it sound like my amp is fucked too?
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that's a possibilty that your amp is blown too, but i doubt it.

Your sub and rear speakers run of the amp? it sounds like the amp on the headunit is blown. You could try swapping the Left and Right RCA plugs that connect to your amp to see if the rear left speaker springs back to life, and the rear right speaker sounds quite. If so then your headunit is sending the weak/shitty singal. But If the rear left speaker still sounds the same after you swap the L/R RCA plugs then i'd be suspisious of the amp/speaker aswell.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think there is L/R RCA plugs
theres 2 RCA plugs in the back of the headunit they run to the amp where the 2 wires fork into 4 RCA plugs to attatch to the amp...
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cleaned all the connections from head to amp to reear speakers, they are fine now

so its just the head drawing power and no front speakers that are the problems now...i guess i gotta get a new head unti
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when you say the fuse blew which one? head unit, amp? if head unit, does it have a seperate fuse that you ran or does it connect to the stock fuse from the car fuse box?

i ask cause these days you wont find a 10amp headunit, they are usually 15amp. 10amp with the unit conecting to an external amp will draw power like a mofo!!!

either way it seems like that from blowing the first fuse and replacing it with the higher rated has most probably burnt something in the headunit
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe check the connections for the front speakers too? you never know. But the constant power drain is a worry.
pity you lost the reciept to your headunit :/

If you want a good price/perfomance headunit i highly recomend the JVC G405. (mp3, 4x50watt, $300rrp)
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not the wire to front speakers, i tapped into them right at the back of the head unit, and still...nothing
the fuse which blue is the one that clips into the back of the head unit
i'll crack open this head and check it out, if its beyond our repair,
i'll be checking out that JVC head unit
i'de love a mp3 one!
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

dingaling wrote on Sun, 26 September 2004 16:57

If you want a good price/perfomance headunit i highly recomend the JVC G405. (mp3, 4x50watt, $300rrp)

Hey, that's what I got in my car a few weeks ago. Also got 6x9 Alpine S-series rear speakers and 5inch Alpine S-series speakers for the front. Plenty loud enough for me and sounds nice - also has pretty lights and stuff. I got the JVC unit for $249.

seeyuzz
river
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats why you never skimp on stereo's Razz

there are nice HU's going on ebay for $300ish that retail for $580, so get that and start from there...if it's still not working, we'll see what we can offer Very Happy
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ill check out ebay

i'm leaning towards the pioneer mp3 unit too? any good?
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is the one im talking about
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=50144&item=5722444423&rd=1
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Hmmmm... nice unit, but too much silver in it for me. The JVC is black, and that suits my interior. My last unit was silver and now I got black it looks so much better. Maybe I can become teh ghey vehicle interior decorator!

seeyuzz
river (practising ghey vehicular interior decorator)
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Sun, 26 September 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
River, i take that you've finely figured out that your Bulgarian weight lifting chicks do have balls Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Mon, 27 September 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Naaahhhh, they're not balls, they just be flaps like saddlebags, that's all. Besides, while I do the car interior decorating, the girls do the heavy-duty repairs. Think of the money I saved by not needing an engine hoist, or car-jack, or pulley-puller...

You jealous buggers, trying to make a play for my babes. Smile

seeyuzz
river
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Mon, 27 September 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes and just think if you get these chicks with saddlebags for flaps you'll have to trade ya car in for a truck if you intend to take them cruising with ya Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Tue, 28 September 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

LOL, you may be right. Laughing

So, keeping with the Toyota theme, I'll have to get a Coaster and rip out the seats, upgrade the suspension and drop in a Lexus V8.

seeyuzz
river
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: stereo up the shit Tue, 28 September 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Tue, 28 September 2004 11:56

Hi,

LOL, you may be right. Laughing

So, keeping with the Toyota theme, I'll have to get a Coaster and rip out the seats, upgrade the suspension and drop in a Lexus V8.

seeyuzz
river

Go with the air bag ride and 22" mags fitted with some wide rubber on the back. Side windows fitted with limo tint, a curtain behind the driver and the back window painted in body colour with the words (in large type) "If this bus is a rockin don't come a knockin".
Now that'd be pimp coolness Cool Laughing
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: stereo up the shit IMPROVED Mon, 04 October 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update:

got a new head unit
the pioneer mp3 one, -DEH-P4650 for $290 Very Happy
RRP $459
strathfield had em for $369
and autoquipe in mt druitt had a sale, got it for $290
and i bought some pioneer 2 way 160w 6 inchers too

goes great now! thanks for the input everyone
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: stereo up the shit IMPROVED Mon, 04 October 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Good stuff. Now all you need is to get your engine woes fixed and you'll be on fire. Smile

seeyuzz
river
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: stereo up the shit IMPROVED Mon, 04 October 2004 11:51 Go to previous message
can't wait Surprised
i'll book it in soon, not this weekend but the next ill have the beans to pay for it
and as promised, there will be a post about how good it is when its back

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RTA and insurance company?
Next Topic:Fours n More
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 1 23:48:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058648586273193 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.