Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
EFI using local AE86 fuel lines details Mon, 04 October 2004 01:07 Go to next message
hi all, first of all, thats to the_witzl for his heater hose article, very useful, im still amazed at how long and cheap those commodore heater hoses are!

anyway, on to the next minor stumbling block, of fuel injection hose.

apart from 4mm high pressure hose being hard to find as it is too small,

how do i go from the 6 or 8mm return fitting on the fuel rail to the 4mm spritner return line, and from the 6mm fuel line to the 8mm fuel rail feed.

im assuming you can get brass 4-6mm and 6-8mm double ended barb fittings, but i am unsure where to find them...

same thing probablm applies at the fuel pump end, but i suppose i can just use more of the same things.
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: EFI using local AE86 fuel lines details Mon, 04 October 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bite the bullet and make up a new 6 or 8mm line....??
Enzed have the tubing for maybe $5-10/m and you only need about 2m of it...they can flare the ends too.

they also have a lot of fittings, as do pirtek

Cya, Stewart
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: EFI using local AE86 fuel lines details Mon, 04 October 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just clamped the hose down tighter Laughing

this is how i did it on both fuel systems i've done on sprinters Smile

Alternatively - people have used the breather line for the return line (charcoal canister). this is the same 6mm crap as used for the feed line.

Just undo the line that goes to the charcoal can and do that to the fuel pressure regulator, and connect the charcoal can to the old teeny weeny return line.

Now go down to the fuel tank and swap over the breather rubber hose with the return line hose - so that the skinny return line (now the charcoal can) connects to the tank breather, and the fatter line that was the breather now connects to the tank return.

Easy peasy.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: EFI using local AE86 fuel lines details Mon, 04 October 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clamp the hoses down tighter, i was afraid of hearing that!

did they leak much? which WST do i use to do this?

incidently, i tried fitting soem of the old hardened 4mm line onto the 6mm return fitting and it split pretty bad.

i dont need to mess around with the charcol line fitting in the tank do i? can i just assume that the return line and vapour line are located next to each other in the fuel tank?

cheers, i'd fit new lines but im tryin to wrap this up, its only been off the road for 8 months and i want to get it driving before i have to pay rego again Rolling Eyes
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: EFI using local AE86 fuel lines details Mon, 04 October 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DONT FORGET - replace any rubber lines that are at high pressure with proper EFI rubber hose....

yeah its a simple replace job - you will see if you look at your car dude. Clamping tighter was easy - i just did the hose clamp up tighter, using one of those nice bevelled edge jobbies that doesnt cut the rubber too much - never leaked once!
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: EFI using local AE86 fuel lines details Mon, 04 October 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will definately be using bevelled edged hose clamps, if i can find anyone who sells them.

so just to confirm:

clamp the 8mm (high pressure) hose from the fuel rail feed to the standard 6mm fuel line

clamp the 6mm hose (high pressure) from fuel line return to the 4mm fuel line.

sounds good! if i can be back on the road and not on fire i will be happy!

i think i will replace the fuel lines down the track further down the line when i can drive the car to a hoist, but for now it should be fine as the fuel pump i have is total overkill anyway.

thanks again!

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2004 03:18]

RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: EFI using local AE86 fuel lines details Mon, 04 October 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey,
I used the 2 fatter lines as feed and return and the smaller one for charcoal canister like THE WITZL said. I also used 8mm line and clamped it down, it has never leaked...
BTW the 'in' feed to the injector rail is at the front of the engine and not the back Rolling Eyes I was really pissed when my engine wouldn't start first go Embarassed

I'm also planning on replacing the lines with larger ones but have had no problems at all so its not a huge priority
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EFI using local AE86 fuel lines details Mon, 04 October 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just replaced the rubber hose with EFI stuff, and did as above - clamped it tight. Never leaks.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: EFI using local AE86 fuel lines details Mon, 04 October 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got brass fittings from enzed or pirtek, cost $6 each from memory annd i think i needed 2.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: EFI using local AE86 fuel lines details Mon, 04 October 2004 11:15 Go to previous message
yeah, i worked out which one was the fuel feed and which was the return....

im going to pirtek tomorrow, so i will see what they have, i will buy the reducers if they have them and ill just clamp it down if they dont fit.

finished my remote thermostat today, it doesnt look like the picture, and the asshole at bursons gave me radiator hose that was the "next size down" so it was realy hard to get on and looks shit.

thanks for all your advice, if im being dodgy then i like to be in good company!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AFM and Accurate Boost control
Next Topic:4AGE camshafts-HELP!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 22:18:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040020942687988 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.