Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » I need help!!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
I need help!!!!!! Tue, 05 October 2004 01:35 Go to next message
Ok i'm bad at explaining things but i'll try my best. I just bought a 86 with a bigport FWD 4age already swapped in. After a certain run the fan had fallen off and to add on to that the water pump cover cracked in half!. I went to bill sherwoods and phil bradshaws pages and they said that the FWD 4age water pumps are too short to hold the RWD fans firmly (i guess it puts at of stress) and thats why it fell and damaged my radiator. My original plan was just to go to a wrecker/ toyota and buy a new water pump attach the fan and the funs starts again but i'm affraid after a while the pump will fall again. also i tried fitting the 4AC water pump (to the FWD base) but doesn't fit cause something small gets in thr way. I don't know what to do and i need your help to get me on the road again THANKS JoHnNy_K
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I need help!!!!!! Tue, 05 October 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Learn to search and ye shall find all the answer ye wants

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=28682&start=0&rid=92&S=a6ede4e494b62 7b268fba5e92d060950
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: I need help!!!!!! Tue, 05 October 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about my FWD to RWD water pump conversion?

Just use an old mazda 929 or 626 thermofan - fits perfectly (upsidedown).
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: I need help!!!!!! Tue, 05 October 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i checked out the water outlet conversion the previous owner has done a similar design (works) but ok this what i'm really worried about i guess. I heard that the FWD water pump is to small to really hold the fan (previous owner has 4AC fan on FWD water pump). i heard rumours that with that fan on and driving or thrashing the car (5000rpm above) wears out the little bearing as mine did causing the fan/pully to fall and hit my radiator. Just wondering if i get a new FWD water pump from toyota if i attach the fan on it will it hold or gradually (short time) wear out the bearing again and repeat the process???. sory if this doesn't make so much sense i'm hopeless at english
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Re: I need help!!!!!! Wed, 06 October 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't waste your time with the rwd fan, just remove the fan altogether and install a thermofan.
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: I need help!!!!!! Wed, 06 October 2004 05:57 Go to previous message
yeah i was thinking on installing a thermo fan as the previous owner gave me one when i bought the car, (i could do with one more) and just wondering on how i should instiall it. i know a friends dad who said he can install the electric fans so they turn on/off when ignition is on/off. i thought this would be ok but i thought if it would be better to install them so they acticvate to a certain tempreture (the guy also gave me a romote thermo to activate the fan but don't know how to use it). so which way should i install the fans??? and which is most effective in terms of money as well i guess. THANKS JoHnNy_K
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how does TEMS suspension work?
Next Topic:Upgrading diff in KE35 Corolla - spring plates?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:21:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046789646148682 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.