Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
new guy with ae102 sedan, 7afe Tue, 05 October 2004 13:50 Go to next message
hey guys, ive not long since purchased an ae102 corolla sedan, nice car, dark metallic green, sweet!

it goes well, is slightly quicker than VN V6(foudn that out today, lol, and 93 liberty, all the way to 80km/h, was a 60 zone, so wasnt keen on goin quicker...

anyway, i wanna go quicker, i know i know, ur prolly thinkin, here we go, another tosser who thinks he can turn his rolla into a street racer with 100bux, well i aint one of those, i intend to drop in a 4 agze motor, but not 4 a while, simply not enough time at the moment, but i will put that sucker in.

in the meantime, is ther anything decent that can be done to the stocker 7afe? or is ther anyone on here who has done mods to ther 7afe and how did it respond?, i figure exhaust n air cleaner is obvious, what sorta gains should i expect from those mods?

any help will be appreciated,
cheers
Tim
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: new guy with ae102 sedan, 7afe Tue, 05 October 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you wont get much from these... they are better put towards your GZE conversion.

better yet - get a smallport 4age head + intake, some GZE pistons, some phat H beam rods, and a turbo. YEEEHA
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: new guy with ae102 sedan, 7afe Tue, 05 October 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup yup save ur cash.

I'd stick with the standard air box and pipe some colder air from the front left wheel well. Repco sells K&N drop-in filters fairly cheap. This way it doesn't feel so much like it's choking when you gun it.

A couple of guys in the "Parts of Sale" section have AE101 strut braces for sale too if you wanna go that way.

I'd try and stay away from a sports exhaust..save it for when the car actually goes fast. You'll probably get sick of the noisiness pretty quickly too. All up to you though! But you'll need some big resonators and probably a non-cannon muffler if you want it to be relatively quiet.

-Paul
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: new guy with ae102 sedan, 7afe Tue, 05 October 2004 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah wasnt gunna change the stock air box, no point. wil get the drop in filter. i like the head conversion idea, yeah already saving for mods, got about 2k for it already, so i got options i guess, just gotta find time, lol.
wil check out the for sale section
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: new guy with ae102 sedan, 7afe Wed, 06 October 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exhaust and pod airfilter will make it sounds faster!
cheap mods unless ur ganna take the turbs Shocked
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: new guy with ae102 sedan, 7afe Mon, 11 October 2004 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, gettin an exhaust fitted in 3 weeks, high flow cat, with 2inch piping into 2.5inch muffler, $390, good for another 18 kw's, should be good

how much would i be looking at for a strut brace? new? and used?

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 13:38]

birdie
Regular

November 2004
Re: new guy with ae102 sedan, 7afe Tue, 01 March 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mideon_696 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 09:32

hey, gettin an exhaust fitted in 3 weeks, high flow cat, with 2inch piping into 2.5inch muffler, $390, good for another 18 kw's, should be good

how much would i be looking at for a strut brace? new? and used?

Did you get it dyno'd before and after? Did you notice the difference?
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: new guy with ae102 sedan, 7afe Tue, 01 March 2005 07:51 Go to previous message
nah i didnt get it dynoed, but another guy did, saw the sheet, with a high flow cat and cat back.....18kw gain...
i only got the the cat back, with that, the guy recorded 12 kw gain, same exhaust, motor, etc, so i rekon i got atleast 10kw out of it, and yeh it's feels better aye, slighty quiker definately, and more responsive
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:De-emmissioning a 3TC
Next Topic:ke55 diff upgrade
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:20:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049638748168945 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.