Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Flebbert
Regular

August 2004
Heater Wed, 06 October 2004 00:39 Go to next message
Was wondering if anyone could give me either an image of where the heater hoses run on my 7MGE (where they are ment to run), a description or a diagram,

regards

edit: have to get blue slip done on monday but have heater hose with spark plug in the end of it (was like it when i brought it) and i dont think it will pass with it. the more pictures of engines the better. This 1986 MK3 supra 7MGE. The hose with the spark plug is in the hose coming out near the back of the engine right hand side when standing in front of car.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 October 2004 01:00]

Send a private message to this user    
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Heater Wed, 06 October 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day Flebbert,

I would assume that there would be a problem with the heater core if the hose was disconnected (probably a leaking core).

So just connecting it back up will cause you more problems,

You need to find the inlet in the block where the heater core flowed back into the block (it will also be blocked up) and just connect the hose up to it. Doing this will fix the flow problem. Not the heater problem.

Having the hose blocked up probably isn't helping either, you need to have that coolant flowing through...

Hope this helps
Flebbert
Regular

August 2004
Re: Heater Wed, 06 October 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can u give me any idea where the inlet hose would be. Had a look and couldnt find it

[Updated on: Wed, 06 October 2004 03:14]

soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Heater Wed, 06 October 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry mate, I have never owned a 7m, only 1g's and various Celica engines.

But it shouldn't be to far from the firewall. If you look for an inlet that has been plugged (maybe with another spark plug Smile )

Then just unplug it and you should see coolant. simply plug your hose onto that and your cooling system is complete..

could you post some pics of your engine bay?, or can someone else provide 7m pics?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Heater Wed, 06 October 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So the hoses with a spark plug in the end, are they attached to the engine or the firewall?

Going from memory here, one of the heater hose outlets on a 7M are located at the back of the cylinder head, and the other one is towards the back of the engine on the drivers side. It's likely there is currently a hose joining these two together, thus bypassing the heater entirely. You need to "un-bypass" it by running a hose from each outlet to the two little pipes sticking out of the firewall. (I don't think it matters which is which but I could be wrong there).

As mentioned previously you should inspect your heater core before re-connecting it. The only reason someone would have bypassed the heater is because it was leaking, and trust me it's not pleasant when your carpet gets soaked with hot coolant.
Flebbert
Regular

August 2004
Re: Heater Wed, 06 October 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the spark plug is stuck in the hose coming out of the engine on the passenger side at the back of the engine. could not find the other blocked off heater hose. thanks for help
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Heater Wed, 06 October 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he explained it better... Sad

stuffing around with heater cores is a right pain in the arse,

Just make sure it's bypassed for now.. coming into summer you won't need a heater for a while,
Flebbert
Regular

August 2004
Re: Heater Fri, 08 October 2004 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump, stil havent been able to figure hoses out, summary of what my problem is.

Heater doesnt work, but am trying to just heater out let hose to inlet to just make a loop.

Standing at front of car looking towards engine bay:

1. Hose on drivers side, back of engine that runs into firewall
2. Hose on top at back of engine there is a hose running to black box on right side of engine bay then into fire wall.
3. Hose passenger side back of engine is plugged up with spark plug.

They are the only hoses i can find that may have something to do with heater and blocked hose. I really need help asap as car is going into get blue slip monday morning.

Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 08 October 2004 21:44]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Heater Fri, 08 October 2004 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

You should be able to run a hose from the hole where the sparkplug is to the hole where the other pipe comes out that goes into your black box. I assume the black box is jsut the control valve that lets hot water run into your heater core, and the return would go into where your blocked "with a sparkplug" hole is. Basically, make a loop, with a pipe, from the two holes in your engine, thereby totally bypassing the heater (and black box) section.

Years ago, I did the same with my 18RG engine. THe heater core blew and all hot water spewed out of the console, onto my feet and through the radio. I pulled over and did a bit of roadside maintenance and bypassed the heater by connecting one of the pipes back into the other hole. Luckily I had been shopping and I was able to top up the radiator with coke and orange juice Smile

It got me home and ran fine for a week, with nary a problem, before I could get it fixed. Mind you, the OJ and coke gave the system a good clean out.

seeyuzz
river
Flebbert
Regular

August 2004
Re: Heater Sat, 09 October 2004 23:08 Go to previous message
what about the hose that runs from the drivers side of the engine into the firewall. It is so confusing. Someone must have a coolant diagram that i can have a look at or can go out to there 7MGE or 7MGTE and have a look where the three hoses are running and what they do. There are three hoses so one can not be a heater hose. need to know what it is!!!!! Urgent help needed

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2004 02:11]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20V auto spec to manual spec
Next Topic:Veilside Front Bar
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 16:41:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065598487854004 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.