Toymods » General Car Talk » Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pituala
Regular

October 2004

Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Tue, 05 October 2004 15:56 Go to next message
From what I hear, it's tuff for me to find parts for these motors here in the US, and was wondering if you guys can help a new Toyota owner to get some OEM replacement parts such as ignition caps and rotors, and also help me find some good high performance parts. I just found an HKS single turbo manifold here and I think I'm gonna purchase it. But I also want to upgrade the ignition, injectors, intake, and anything else that will help make this motor into a monster. I will be building the spare motor, so time is no issue as the car will not be down while working on it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks for all of your help in advance.
  Send a private message to this user    
pituala
Regular

October 2004

Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Tue, 05 October 2004 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah, and a complete engine gasket and seal set.
pituala
Regular

October 2004

Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Tue, 05 October 2004 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's some pics that I took, sorry about the one that's out of focus...lol

http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=pituala&pic=Supra3.JPG
http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=pituala&pic=Supra4.JPG
http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=pituala&pic=Supra5.JPG
http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=pituala&pic=Supra6.JPG
http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=pituala&pic=Supra7.JPG
http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=pituala&pic=Supra8.JPG
http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=pituala&pic=Supra9.JPG
http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=pituala&pic=Supra10.JPG
http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=pituala&pic=Supra11.JPG
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Tue, 05 October 2004 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is one of the nicest MKII's I have seen! Good buy! Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Tue, 05 October 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love the seats
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Tue, 05 October 2004 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll hav your babies for those seats!
they're dead sexy.. how come america gets all the nice black ma61s?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Wed, 06 October 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cause australia hates us
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Wed, 06 October 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my god ...........
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Wed, 06 October 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMNIT!!

And here I was thinking my seats were a one-of-a-kind!

Ahh well, mine might not be the only ones in the world, but at least they're the only seats like that in Australia Smile

Bloody nice supra buddy Smile

-J-
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Wed, 06 October 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yikes, thats fuckin hot Very Happy

what does it perform like? Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Wed, 06 October 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 09:47

DAMNIT!!

And here I was thinking my seats were a one-of-a-kind!

Ahh well, mine might not be the only ones in the world, but at least they're the only seats like that in Australia Smile

But his seats will be leather, so yours are still one-of-a-kind
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Wed, 06 October 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll swap supra's with you buddy Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Wed, 06 October 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditto
offer you a trade.
I'll even let you keep your engines, and I'll keep mine *grins*
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Thu, 07 October 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pity you wouldn't be able to drive it on the road.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Thu, 07 October 2004 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 08:15

And why not praytell?
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Thu, 07 October 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 10:28

Norbie wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 08:15

And why not praytell?

Something to do with which side the steering wheel is on?
(I guess that doesn't REALLLLY mean you couldn't drive it tho! Just wait for the first cop to pull you up tho)...

Cheers
Wilbo
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Thu, 07 October 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is nothing illegal about driving a LHD drive car in Aust.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Thu, 07 October 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see, well maybe Norbie is just teh gay with aids (and maybe he had a better reason!) Laughing Razz

I would have thought that there would have been rather annoying procedures involved with driving a left hand drive vehicle on the roads here?

Cheers
Wilbo
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Thu, 07 October 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think there is an age restriction on LHD.
They have to be 20 or 25 years old or something.

One would make that Supra legal (well, close to), one wouldn't.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Thu, 07 October 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can't get normal rego for LHD cars (well not in Qld anyway), but yeah I think for older cars you can get some form of limited rego. I'm sure it would be more than 20 years though!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Thu, 07 October 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the amount of Mustangs and Chevy's driving around Perth with LHD, I'm pretty sure there is no special class.

But they are all 60's and 70's cars.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Thu, 07 October 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn that is one Tidy MKII Shocked

Nice work dude..

Is that 1G stock or is that a swapover??

Did the US get a better motor than the 5ME?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Thu, 07 October 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 14:26

Nice work dude..

comes weith 5mge originally and is a conversion
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Fri, 08 October 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to http://www.celicasupra.com it is a US based site and someone may be able to help you there.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 October 2004 14:03]

pituala
Regular

October 2004

Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Fri, 08 October 2004 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, strange, I didn't get any email notifications about all of these replies, sorry guys, I don't want ya'll to think I'm a single poster....lol. I guess I'll just have to check here periodically.

So anyways, thanks for all of the compliments. The car is very nice, it used to belong to a friend of mine, and he never drove it, so I figured I'll get it and do something with it. The 1G's are stock internally, I have an open air filter on the stock MAF (or VAF, whatever it's called), a 2.5" exhaust with a flow through muffler (sounds very nice), and a GReddy PRofec B boost controller that doesn't seem to do anything at all. I adjusted the Lo boost, Hi boost, and balance controls, but nothing changes??? I checked all of the connections and they seem to be connected right, but still nothing Sad The exhaust had a catalytic converter in it (wtf???), so I went to my exhaust guy and had a straight pipe welded in place, and now the motor seems to boost quicker, but I only get 9-10psi out of it. The car is kinda fast, but a lot slower than my last car (2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V with nitrous that ran 13.1 @ 105.4 in the 1/4 mile), but hopefully I can make a lot of power out of this thing. I'm still trying to find a good place to order some oem engine parts like distributor cap and rotor for the ignition, and what the best spark plug wires to get are. Any suggestions???

[Updated on: Fri, 08 October 2004 20:36]

pituala
Regular

October 2004

Re: Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors Fri, 08 October 2004 16:02 Go to previous message
Jag7799 wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 01:56

MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 14:26

Nice work dude..

comes weith 5mge originally and is a conversion

I'm already on that site, but I didn't seem to be able to find out too much there. My main issue is getting oem parts.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Is a compliance plate required?
Next Topic:Guesstamate or estimate on a displacement q
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 15:52:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076079368591309 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.