Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » High End DIY Engine Management!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1ndecent
Regular

January 2003
High End DIY Engine Management! Wed, 06 October 2004 22:24 Go to next message
The megasquirt has evolved... Who'd like 8 ignition drivers, 8 injector drivers(sequential), a handfuls of configurable outputs, support for dual knock sensors, dual wideband O2, open source software and a set of steak knives which never need sharpening? Cool

http://www.vems-group.org/index.php?page=GenBoard% 2FVerThree

Send a private message to this user    
3T-GTE
Regular

August 2003
Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Wed, 06 October 2004 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been looking at this one also... certainly looks good.

On the other hand there is the MS-II & UMS on the way.

Stewart, I'd be very interested to hear your comments / thoughts on this?
ogip
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Thu, 07 October 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much is this ECU?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Thu, 07 October 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3T-GTE wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 09:09

I have been looking at this one also... certainly looks good.

On the other hand there is the MS-II & UMS on the way.

Stewart, I'd be very interested to hear your comments / thoughts on this?

they've come a fair way since it started.

it's wrong to say this is an evolved megasquirt, as it is based on a different processor, and has no support from the MS group at all.

but, it does appear to have more capability than the plain MS.
i can't really comment as i have been focusing on the MS side of things Wink
but, as i said, the only ppl you can get support from is them. it looks to be more of a developers type of thing, as opposed to a polished product (not that MS is perfectly polished..)

cost looks like 200 euro (AUD$340) for this one, assembled for 450euro (AUD$765) plus postage compared to AUD$210 for plain MS delivered (from us).

MS2 will be ignition outputs and bigger table than MS. UMS is a completely different ballpark. UMS will outspec many ECU's for certain things.

your choice, what are your development skills like?
Cya, Stewart

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Thu, 07 October 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like it might be of some use, as well as a good toy to play with - I might have to get me one, see what makes it tick. Evil or Very Mad
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Thu, 07 October 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, Atmel processor instead of the HC908.
the MS2 will be a HC912?? and the code will be written in C rather than assembler.

check it out and let me know what you think Smile
Cya, Stewart
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Thu, 07 October 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a friend just got one (normal one) and is getting all the bits together to convert is 308 to injected. looks like a cheap and effective way to go from carb to injected.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Thu, 07 October 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, personally I actually prefer assembler to C.. but hey, guess I really am stuck in the 80s Very Happy
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Thu, 07 October 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i remember assembly, those were the days. i think you would go rapidly insane tryin to write a program more complex than a reaction time timer though.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Thu, 07 October 2004 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good old assembler - thank buddy christ i never had to play with that shite!

Now C i can understand!

Stew - howw far off is the UMS now?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Thu, 07 October 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Assembler was FUN when I was 8 years old, thank you very bloody much Evil or Very Mad To be honest, programming fullstop isn't exactly my thing.. But I do like the prospect of being able to fiddle with the code for the ECU
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Thu, 07 October 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 23:23

good old assembler - thank buddy christ i never had to play with that shite!

Now C i can understand!

Stew - howw far off is the UMS now?

LOL, co.. co.. coding? what? Wink
see new thread for info.

for those wanting an expandable interesting project, check out the VEMS. it started as an MS spinoff and has grown from there.

Cya, Stewart
RA40Celica
Regular

June 2002
  chris_rg@jabber.org
Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Thu, 07 October 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hah... you think assembler is bad.. im designing a microprocessor for a uni project. i have to HAND assemble my code.... now thats tedious.

cheers
Chris
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Thu, 07 October 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1ndecent wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 08:24

The megasquirt has evolved... Who'd like 8 ignition drivers, 8 injector drivers(sequential), a handfuls of configurable outputs, support for dual knock sensors, dual wideband O2, open source software and a set of steak knives which never need sharpening? Cool

http://www.vems-group.org/index.php?page=GenBoard% 2FVerThree

1ndecent, do you have one of these? have you heard of many cars successfulyl running these? i'm keen to find out more from those with first hand experience Very Happy
Cya, Stewart
ogip
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Fri, 08 October 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is a nice ecu.. with ignition outputs...

is anybody try this ecu?

can you give us any feedback?

DrSassy
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Fri, 08 October 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah my bro has the megasquirt and has it half assembled but it's gone on the back burner for a little bit due to an intersate relo for him with work and finishing off his house.

I'm thinking about taking it over as I want to put it on the 3TG turbo we have sitting in the back yard waiting for a nice celica shell. Actually we had the motor running in an early shell with a remapped Camira ECU which ran quite well and the whole setup is only $80 from pick 'a' part.

The MS project has the added attraction for me of being able to play with the code itself which is always more fun than simply burning eproms and plugging them in.

The MS project is far less complicated than the original concept that was based on 68332 I think from memory but this project seemed to stall as a lot of it as TPU microcode which can be a little tricky and thus everybody sat around waiting for the final project which took a looong time and eventually the IC went EOL (don't quote me though).

MS evolved at that point and as soon as I get the parts off my brother I'll get my arse into gear and get it going and see how it goes!

PPC assembler is my favourite Smile

1ndecent
Regular

January 2003
Re: High End DIY Engine Management! Fri, 08 October 2004 02:48 Go to previous message
No I don't have one... yet:)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What wheels fit on AW11
Next Topic:Exhaust Question about 4AGE 16v swap into AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 16:52:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073089599609375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.