Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Recommended REVs in a 4AC?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dmonk86
Regular

August 2004
Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 01:04 Go to next message
Hey guys i was wondering if you had any knowledge or personal prefrences for the rev levels for the 4AC engine?

thanks!

Surprised
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmonk86 wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 11:04

Hey guys i was wondering if you had any knowledge or personal prefrences for the rev levels for the 4AC engine?

thanks!

Surprised

Bah, just rev it like you're trying to kill it..... Then when it does die (this may take a VERY long time), put in a 4AGE.
Dmonk86
Regular

August 2004
icon10.gif  Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile - BRrrrrROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM ...
Shocked - BOOM!
Embarassed

hehe thanks i'll try it.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are a hardy piece of shit, I have been trying to kill mine for a while....
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, they ARE a piece of shit, just a reliable one.
3sfe
Regular

March 2004
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They rev Laughing

i had one auto and if you go to 3000rpm+ it just didn't feel right for a car as in it just struggle. It did get up about 5500rpm but took for ever to get there even in 1st.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when mine was on the Dino (i no ha ha) it went past 6500rpm
but it got a striate throw exhaust and got a whole 48.7kw lol
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha the 4AC only lasted me 2 months befoer it went.
Dmonk86
Regular

August 2004
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing thanks for the comments guys ... I wonder how far sideways i can get it.

Is it hard for the 86 stocker to slide? Confused
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently its meant to slide ok in the wet (from what ive heard)
in the dry i have nfi (guessing youd need LSD and some suspension work)
Machiavelli
Regular

September 2004
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah when i got my 86 it was completely stock and it went very side ways in the wet. Haha ohh the memories.

Nikos.
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mate who sometimes lurk on these forums, known as "surfingisfun" or something like that haha drives an immaculant sprinter with a 4ac in it, really really stiff coilover front suspension, and really really stiff rear shocks and springs, has a locker diff...

man does that thing slide... ahaha It steps out pretty easy and is pretty controllable. Just proves anything can slide witht he right technique and parts. learning to do it in a shit motor like a 4ac is good too becuase it teaches the driver actual drift techniues instead of them just relying on the power to oversteer around the corner

Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't rev it past 22,000rpm...
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3sfe wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 15:11

They rev Laughing

i had one auto and if you go to 3000rpm+ it just didn't feel right for a car as in it just struggle. It did get up about 5500rpm but took for ever to get there even in 1st.

That's weird. If I floor it I can get upto 6000rpm before it forces a gear change -- every single time Wink

I beat my mate's 2000 corolla seca with it Smile
Dmonk86
Regular

August 2004
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Thu, 07 October 2004 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing haha the wet it is! woohoo!

gtr_gaga - hey cool really? Thanks! I'll try to look into investing in stiff coilovers and stiff shocks and springs. Maybe i'll try to find surfingis fun .. hehe i'd love to know how much a setup like that costed?

Embarassed - oops .. heh .. whats a locker diff? I dont think i've heard of that one before?

Thanks!
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Fri, 08 October 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
locked diff is a single spinner welded so that both wheels will spin at the same time, the cheap alternative to buying an LSD.
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Fri, 08 October 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh... not to mention a little unerving... can be pretty dangerous on the same token... but what ever floats your boat Smile
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Fri, 08 October 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't go reving it to stupid levels... an exploding pressure plate would not be fun!
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Recommended REVs in a 4AC? Fri, 08 October 2004 09:29 Go to previous message
They usually dont go past 8000. But they dont really complain either. You cant kill the bastards with an axe.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need Something done/Parts???
Next Topic:The Sprinters Finally Back!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 00:56:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077180862426758 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.