Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
su_pr_aero
Occasional Poster

May 2004
My side of the story Fri, 08 October 2004 02:46 Go to next message
Right, I'm sure most of you know about the JZA70 i wanted to part out and why. WHY THE HELL WOULD I BUY A CAR ONLY TO PUT IT UP FOR SALE WITHIN A COUPLA DAYS. I HAVE NO TRANSPORT, I AM SCABBING OFF OTHER PEOPLE AT THE MOMENT, I NEED A CAR. I HAVE TAKEN THE CAR TO TWO SEPERATE ROADWORTHY TESTS AND BOTH WOULDN'T TOUCH IT WITH A BARGE POLE. They said that yes, the car is registered in NSW as an '84, so it is falsley registered as it is obviously a completety different model to an '84. Even if this car was somehow to be registered as a true JZA70, there is NO COMPLIANCE PLATE showing it was ever complied in Australia. This is the main reason the Tassie inspectors won't put it through roadworthy. I don't know how Kristian registered it as an '84 but I can't get it registered. I don't understand how you people would think that I would buy a "supposedly" perfect car and immediately put it up for parts?! It wouldn't make sense.
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My side of the story Fri, 08 October 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man....
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My side of the story Fri, 08 October 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Move to NSW. Or just use it for sprints.

Gut it, sell all the interior bits, piss off the shitty 1JZ and fit a decent motor (read 2JZ) in there.

Buy a $200 KE30 for transport. Have fun, move on.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: My side of the story Fri, 08 October 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DO NOT PART THIS CAR OUT!

1. If you take it to a blue slip inspection place in NSW you can get an ammendment made to the rego to show the correct build date of 91.
There may be a way to do this without taking the car from tas to NSW... call the NSW RTA.

2. If the car has ever had rego in any state you can get a letter of compliance from that states motor registry which you can then use to get rego in Tas.

This only works if the car is genuine and someone hasn't done a numbers job on you.

If someone has done a numbers job or has sold you an uncomplied unregisterable car then you can take them to fair trading and get your money back plus any reasonable compensation for your time as the car is "not fit for the purpose intended" i.e. for on road use.
That is unless you bought it under the proviso that it was for race / offroad use only.

If you part this car out or sell it you could be either selling stolen goods or at minimum you would have far less recourse with the seller!

Also I think you will find there is a lot of people on these forums willing to help you with this issue if needed.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My side of the story Fri, 08 October 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 2c - if you bought the car *knowing* it was registered as an 84 model, i dont see how youve got anything to complain about.

the second anyone mentioned something like that to me, id be on the phone to my local engineer/rta/compliancing dude and finding out exactly what i could expect to do with the car.

like was mentioned before, if the cra stays in NSW or atleast gets re-registered in NSW you wouldnt have a problem.

if it is correct that you knew about registration details before purchase, youve done yourself a diservice by not finding out what implications this had for you.

perhaps the price tag and all the included goodies was just a little too exciting and blurred logic??
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My side of the story Fri, 08 October 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn man, this is farked up!
su_pr_aero
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I knew the car was registered as '84, but I was told this was merely a paperwork glitch. That's why it didn't really ring alarm bells with me.
Thanks for your advice Toobs, I'll ring the RTA come monday and see what can be done about the build date.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do what GT said and buy a shitter daily driver and use the Supra as a racecar!

I also agree with Ed about the knowing that it was registered as an 84 model thing even if they said it was a paperwork glitch.

Otherwise, you should be able to get at least $8000 back on all the parts you have there.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just re-register it in nsw and keep rego in nsw.. and drive in tazzy lol
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't believe your blaming Kristian for this! He told you everything up front, YOU didn't check it and bought it anyway and now your blaming/defaming him.

It should be Kristian taking YOU to court for defamation. It would be a funny phone call to fair trading "I knew all this, but still bought it, now that I can't register it in TAS I want to sue him"

I also think you shouldn't be posting it here, you bought it over ebay, go complain on ebay (or comment the name of the guy you bought it from).

My advice: Put it back on ebay, or in the NSW trading post. Sell it to someone in NSW.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 15:43

my 2c - if you bought the car *knowing* it was registered as an 84 model, i dont see how youve got anything to complain about.

the second anyone mentioned something like that to me, id be on the phone to my local engineer/rta/compliancing dude and finding out exactly what i could expect to do with the car.

like was mentioned before, if the car stays in NSW or atleast gets re-registered in NSW you wouldnt have a problem.

if it is correct that you knew about registration details before purchase, youve done yourself a diservice by not finding out what implications this had for you.

perhaps the price tag and all the included goodies was just a little too exciting and blurred logic??

Ed--> Exactly. I wish I could get my point accross that easilly.

SupraPete wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 13:44

I can't believe your blaming Kristian for this! He told you everything up front, YOU didn't check it and bought it anyway and now your blaming/defaming him.

It should be Kristian taking YOU to court for defamation. It would be a funny phone call to fair trading "I knew all this, but still bought it, now that I can't register it in TAS I want to sue him"

I also think you shouldn't be posting it here, you bought it over ebay, go complain on ebay (or comment the name of the guy you bought it from).

My advice: Put it back on ebay, or in the NSW trading post. Sell it to someone in NSW.

SupraPete---> Man, I couldnt say it better my self.

su_pr_aero wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 12:46

I don't know how Kristian registered it as an '84

It was stated in the EBAY ad, and, in every one of your other 4 threads you started 2 days ago.

I will say it again slowly for you.

I bought it with rego on it, and then sold it to you, with rego on it. Rego lasts for 12 months, I owned it for about 6 or so of those 12.

I bought the car, drove it for a while, then sold it.

You knew it was registered as a 1984 model, the EBAY ad stated that, and you even addmitted above that you knew it was registered as a 1984 model.

I also Know that you are offering to sell the car complete for $8,500, which is MORE than what I sold it to you for.

You are obviously unhappy with your purchase, but If you couldnt be bothered looking at a car before you buy it, and you didnt pay $200 for a NRMA/RACV pre purchase inspection, then you have no one to blame but your self.

I also have no doubt, that if you start sprouting shit again, this thread will get locked, as did you other 4.

You are spreading lies and making stuff up about me. Stand up, accept you bought something without thinking, without looking at it, and now you dont want it, but need someone to blame.

I was totally honest with you.

As TOOBS said, here in NSW you can take the car to a registered Blue Slip workshop, and they can legally change the year of the car if they decide the year on the rego papers is wrong.

I was going to do this, but it really didnt bother me, or the previous owner, as we just drove it as usual. I was even pulled up by the police in this car for 2 random breath tests, and once for speeding (76 in a 60 zone), police ran checks on the car, and found nothing suss, gave me my fine and I drove off.

The car has been registered in NSW for 4 years that I know of. If you are in Tasmainia, then it is your responsiblity to get rego issues sorted out. I have bought cars from other states, and it is always the BUYER that sorts out new rego, NOT the SELLER.

How about you stop your whinging, find someone in NSW that can keep it registered for you, and keep the car.

If you continue blaming me for YOUR purchase, when I was TOTALLY HONEST with you, then you my friend will find your self with a civil suit against you, because of your PUBLIC ranting about me, and posting it on the internet.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 07:12]

SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rego Papers,

New Rego Label from when I took my custom FREAKE plates off, and put standard plates on.

Photo of the car in Sydney on an Australian Lexus Soarer Club Cruise.

http://snsonline.net/jip/media/rego%20papers.jpg

http://snsonline.net/jip/media/rego%20label.jpg

http://snsonline.net/jip/media/supra1.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 07:26]

SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know people were asking you for pics in the other 4 threads you started, but you didnt have any. If you need more pics su_pr_aero, just let me know cause I have a heap on file. I dont know why I'm helping you, after you keep trying to write me off. You even got a new toymods username last week, just so you could pay out on me in other threads, without anyone knowing it was you. Not a good move.

But, I'm doing the right thing, (just like the brand new R154 5 speed clutch I offered you last week for FREE)

So if you need more pics, or if you need help you to sell bits, I'm happy to help. Like wise, if you want to keep it registed at my address, you can drive it on NSW rego for EVER if you want.

http://snsonline.net/jip/media/jza70%201.jpg

http://snsonline.net/jip/media/jza70%202.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 07:57]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checkmate
evil_v
Regular

December 2002
Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
su_pr_aero
that a nice car u got there....kris tel u everythin up front N u still goin to bought i,wel that ur choice now u have to live with it...do go N blam on krist for somethin he already tell u about....my advice that u sell that damn car N move on!!!

Krist
how do u registered as an 84 model...clearly it a 1986.5+ model
cheer man
charles
p.s krist where r my part
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just one question?

How/when/who imported the car, and where is the VIA/other importation documents? If these are all there, then its not too hard to have the vehicle registration fixed up.

Should it not have an aussie compliance plate if it was imported unders SEVS?

This just seems to be something that is being missed here....
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you run into heaps of trouble and get sick of dealing with it.. ill take it off ur hands for 50 bucks
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your biggest mistake was buying that car from that person in the 1st place
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
evil_v wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 18:49

Krist
how do u registered as an 84 model...clearly it a 1986.5+ model
cheer man
charles

I have no idea who registered it, I did not do it, I just bought the car like that, then sold it 6 months later to buy a Soarer. I dont know how they did it, maybe they knew the person that gave them the blueslip/roadworthy ??
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not trying to stir the pot, but did both the buyer and seller know it did not have a compliance plate? if so.. buyer knew (as well as dogdy rego). if not then it's a bit of a grey area.. is it legal to sell a car that has been dodgily registered?

but yeah, if you cna MAKE money off it, why bitch about it?
Cya, Stewart
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My side of the story Sat, 09 October 2004 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car was registered, thats all I worried about. I knew it was registered as an 84 model when I bought it, thats why I got it for a good price.

I notified the buyer it was registered as an 84 model, abd thats why he got it at a good price.

If you are going to start talking about the legalities of selling this car, I could go back to the person I bought it off (from toymods) and that person could go back to the person they bought it off... (not that I would do that though, as I bought it with full knowledge of the year of registration, as did the new buyer.)
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Sun, 10 October 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 19:56

just one question?

How/when/who imported the car, and where is the VIA/other importation documents? If these are all there, then its not too hard to have the vehicle registration fixed up.

This just seems to be something that is being missed here....

?
su_pr_aero
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: My side of the story Sun, 10 October 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, don't know hoe to do the qoatation boxes:

"It should be Kristian taking YOU to court for defamation. It would be a funny phone call to fair trading "I knew all this, but still bought it, now that I can't register it in TAS I want to sue him"

When did I say anything about sueing anyone?

"You even got a new toymods username last week, just so you could pay out on me in other threads, without anyone knowing it was you. Not a good move."

What new username? What are you talking about? If someone else is pretending to be me, I'm not happy. Especially as it seems their talking shit about others that I never said.

"just one question?

This just seems to be something that is being missed here.... "

Exactly.

"not trying to stir the pot, but did both the buyer and seller know it did not have a compliance plate? if so.. buyer knew (as well as dogdy rego). if not then it's a bit of a grey area.. is it legal to sell a car that has been dodgily registered?"

No, I didn't know it had no compliance plate. Thats the whole point I'm trying to get across. The '84 rego is probably a thing possible to get around. Its the lack of compliance plate which is making it difficult.

I'm gonna try another roadworthy place on Monday or Tuesday and see if I can pass it off as a 15yr old import. We'll see how I go.

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My side of the story Sun, 10 October 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Registered as an 84, a glith on the paperwork? pffff yeah right. More likely it was changed to an 84 in japan, so it could be brought in without a compliance plate.

But this may work in your advantage su_pr_aero, It was registered in NSW, ok ring the NSW road place (whats there name?) up, ask them to check there records for your car bieng registered (give them your VIN chassis number or previous rego number etc). If it was registered in NSW then they have a record of it.

I whent thru the same bullshit, talk about going thru hell! i started going bald over it! they wouldn't touch my supra with a dead chimp becuase it had no compliance plate! I thought i was screwed and ripped off with a scam becuase i got my supra so cheap ($2500)
After much reading on the internet about imports i found out if the car was imported under the 15 year rule, you don't need a complaince plate. And since your not the one that had it imported you shouldn't have any more problems, all the paperwork etc was already done when it entered the country.

So go to the inspection place tell them about the 15 year rule (you don't need a compliance plate) then tell them to ring the NSW road place and check with them that the car was registered! they can't really ignore the facts of it bieng previously registered in NSW.

If you want me to help you, i can come down and sort it out with you. It's messy buissiness. Tasmanians inspectors don't have a clue when it comes to imports.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My side of the story Sun, 10 October 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7k, and Ill buy it from you straight up!
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Sun, 10 October 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
su_pr_aero wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 13:38

"It should be Kristian taking YOU to court for defamation. It would be a funny phone call to fair trading "I knew all this, but still bought it, now that I can't register it in TAS I want to sue him"

You said it in a previous thread.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My side of the story Sun, 10 October 2004 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We should note the ad placed in Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;item=2493732215&fromMakeTrack=true

With some surprise and interest, I note:
Quote:

The car has a month of NSW registration left on it, which has a minor mistake saying the car is an '84 model. This shouldn't be a problem.

Did you not spam the forums because it IS a problem?

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 09:17

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;a mp;item=2493732215&fromMakeTrack=true

Quote:

The car has a month of NSW registration left on it, which has a minor mistake saying the car is an '84 model. This shouldn't be a problem.

I know if i had read that I would assume it would be a quick phonecall to rectify the problem..

the question is, did he know it did not have a compliance plate at time of buying?..
if yes, its his problem(supra aero).
if not, its yours(kristian).

and fouled spark plugs and overfuelling on the car that used to shoot flames out the exhaust Smile.. you changed the engine right?

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 00:52]

su_pr_aero
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;item=2493732215&fromMakeTrack=true

Quote:

I already said above that the '84 rego is not the biggest problem, my biggest problem is the lack of compliance plate. And yes, any prospective buyers of the car on Ebay that email me are told it has no compliance plate.
su_pr_aero
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 22:52

su_pr_aero wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 13:38

You said it in a previous thread.

I sure as hell did not. I have never said I would sue Kristian.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno why you don't take my advice, the car would be registered, wich would make it worth more. I'd buy it to if i had the money (thinking about selling my supra)
su_pr_aero
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, like I said dingaling I'm goin tomorrow (can't get in today) to a roadworthy inspector and try to pass it off as a 15yr old. Hopefully the dickhead inspectors will understand about the 15yr rule. I may have to come get it done where you did - Bob Jane in Devenport was it? Let you know how I go.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 10:50

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;item=2493732215&fromMakeTrack=true

Quote:

I know if i had read that I would assume it would be a quick phonecall to rectify the problem..

the question is, did he know it did not have a compliance plate at time of buying?..

and fouled spark plugs and overfuelling on the car that used to shoot flames out the exhaust Smile.. you changed the engine right?

That's the new owners ad to try and offload the car again, not Kristians original one.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 13:51

Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 10:50

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;item=2493732215&fromMakeTrack=true

Quote:

That's the new owners ad to try and offload the car again, not Kristians original one.

Oh, i didnt look very carefully.. anyone got a link to kristians one.. so i can make a properly informed decision? lol
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, I know nudda when it comes to compliance issues, but I tell you what. If someone tried to shaft me with a car knowingly not complied but registered, then I would be pissed off also. Kristian, did you verbally tell him that the car had no compliance and that the rego was probably done at mates rates and probably shoved throught the back door. If not, then you should take a bit of the responsibility for this grief. I can see that you are willing to help in any way possible, which is a fine thing to do. But maybe all aero wants is just for you to say sorry mate. Anyways, its been a very enjoyable read on this thread. Its good to see forums where most of you are really willing to help a stranger....
By the way, anybody got some free engine mod stuff for my 4k in my lil ke55s. Would be greatfull for anything thrown my way lads, thanx in advance.... Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont you buy it back kristian?, if your so willing to help.
buy it back as same price u sold it, him paying the transport fee.
he loses a few hundred bucks, you sell it to someone in nsw who can rego it and all is dandy
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 15:46

I dont have a spare $8,000.... do you ??

Looking for the old EBAY ad now.

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SUPRA MAN wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 20:39

lol, i dont have a spare 5 cents let alone 8 grand..
i just assumed owning your own business you would make decent enough money for such a thing.. oh well
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 20:43

lol, i dont have a spare 5 cents let alone 8 grand..
i just assumed owning your own business you would make decent enough money for such a thing.. oh well

I sold the supra in question to put with some savings, and I bought a JZZ30 Soarer. I also just bought another Supra last week. So yes, I do usually have money spare, but unfortunalty at the moment I dont.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just for the record, could it be registered in victoria? is there a compliance plate for it? Very Happy
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebay ad does not say anything about compliance plate.
It states that it is registered as a 1984 model, but that it is actually a 1991 model, and also states that it is registered in NSW. I had no idea if it had a compliance plate or not, I did not check. I did a revs check on it, and then bought it. Drove it for 5 or 6 months, then sold it. I had no idea people in another state would have problems. It was registered in NSW, why would I assume there would be problems ?? If the new owner was in NSW, this would not be happening.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 12:33]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
says nothing about no compliance plate though..
how was he to know he would get raped
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did not check if it had a plate or not, I just bought it, drove it for 5 or 6 months, then sold it. It is still registered in NSW, so why not just re-register it in NSW and keep driving it, like I did, and the owner before me did.

He bought a registered manual JZA70, with an absoulte shitload of extra mods, for $8,000. One sold on toymods about a month ago for $15,000. just register it in NSW again when rego runs out, and enjoy it !! Or sell it on ebay like he is trying to do. If anyone in NSW wants a JZA70 for $8 grand, its a great buy.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 12:36]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am no expert on the laws either.

But if a car is purchased with a 1984 date on the rego. label wouldn't it be pretty easy to get it registered without a compliance plate under the 15 year rule like that other fella (sorry couldn't find name Smile) was saying?

Is there something I am missing?

And if you don't know anyone in NSW, Kristian said you can use his address! I don't really see what the problem is. Sure it bends the rules a bit, but that is not Kristian's fault as he bought it off somebody else who has obvioulsy not complied fully with the law. Smile

I just want to know who was stupid enough at the RTA to believe that was an 84 model! Laughing
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My side of the story Mon, 11 October 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats obviously whats happened, to get this nice 91 JZA70 into australia under the 15 year rule, it had to be made an 84 in japan before it even arrived on our shores, no compliance plate needed!

it must of entered the country in 1999 to have to make it into a 1984.

Anyway i think it will work out and supaero will get it registered as long as he plays along with it bieng an '84
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My side of the story Tue, 12 October 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe next time, it would b better to ask for help, instead of flaming ppl, especially someone who many of us rely on for parts/ let alone is a sponsor on these forums. True there was a problem, but a simple, how can i get around this, would of got u alot more help that, Kristian is a dirty rotten blah blah blah.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My side of the story Wed, 13 October 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know a guy who lives around hobart who is transport inspector he could help u out maybe. But i can't promise anything.
And supra man, your a good bloke trying to help him out he did make a mistake .
Mr areo the offer is on the table if u want to take it.
I will trade u for my drag car if u want.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My side of the story Wed, 13 October 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SUPRA MAN wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 17:09

but If you couldnt be bothered looking at a car before you buy it, and you didnt pay $200 for a NRMA/RACV pre purchase inspection, then you have no one to blame but your self.

ok i dont know the whole story yet why should it buyer beware when your trying to build a honest trading name ?
what has society came to when we are all trying to rip eachother off ?
at the end of the day those who rip others off are the ones to blame for those who trade either commercially or privatelly in an honest way as either a buyer or seller and go thru hell due to these few bad apples in the bunch
shit are we aussies or yanks ?
kristan , at the end of the day comments like that one of yours above shits me to no end as each is as responsible for honest trade as the other and not everyone has the upbringing, education or intelligence to know otherwise in cases like this
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My side of the story Wed, 13 October 2004 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edit

i dont want to get into this

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 15:23]

4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: My side of the story Wed, 13 October 2004 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 01:20

edit

pussy fence sitter Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Thu, 14 October 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 01:20

edit

everyone saw ur post through email anyway Razz
he cant get insurance on it.. if he does.. as soon as they see it.. all his cover is gone
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: My side of the story Thu, 14 October 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats right, I was thinking the same thing. What happens if there is a serious accident (sorry Aero, hopefully there won't be), I have a feeling there will be leverage in the courts if it ever casme to that about the legit of a false date on the car from an insurance point of view. Both parties know of the car to be of a false date. Ive known insurance accessors to take these things quite far and even taking engines to bits so's to not pay out on claims. And if this is the case, and someone falls fatal to an accident, I can see some very costly
problems. It doesn't take much to nul invoid an insurance claim.. Sorry buddy, I don't mean to put the shits up you, but the se are things you really should look at also. I'm no expert in this, but as I've said, I do know of friends claims to become nul invoid over something dumb like this. Fortunately there claims weren't too big... Rolling Eyes
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My side of the story Thu, 14 October 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would be looking at the legalities of a dealer knowinlgy selling a car with dodgy rego.

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My side of the story Thu, 14 October 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supra_aero,

Wake up to yourself ! You bought a Car off ebay - Privatly. Kristian is not a Car dealer he is a parts importer. Big difference. You bought a car you KNEW was registered incorrectly, YOU didn't chek it out with your state authorities before buying it. What did you expect him to do hold your hand at the Tassie version of the RTA and help you sign the forms.

I may seem a bit harsh here but this sort of thing really gets my goat. Stop your Bitching and put your energy into getting the issue sorted out.

Kristian did NOT import or Register the car. He REV's checked and enjoyed it.

Your stupidity is NOT anyone else's fault. If you had put up a post asking for advice then I am sure you could have gotten around your current problem. There is generally a way round and compliance plates are OPTIONAL as long as you can prove the vehicle met requirements blah blah blah. Been there done that for a mate before !

You have decided all that sounds like its too much hard work so now your trying to sell it. Probably would have sold already if you hadn't broadcast to the bulk of the Australian Toyota Community that it was some kind of registration nightmare.

My advice is simple, Start with the NSW RTA, it was registered here and passed a Revs check hence you have a good starting point for meeting your Tas requirements. Then calal your TAs head registration tech section.Not your basic RTA equivalent. Explain you are wishing to register a NSW registered vehicle that was imported under the 15 year old import guidleines and find out what paperwork you need then try and make it happen ! Once its sorted have your build bate "typo" amended at any inspection station and Bobs your Aunty ! Typo corrections are a common occurance, just don't do do it at the same place. Think a little !
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My side of the story Mon, 25 October 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in nsw how many cars can you sell each year before you are required to become a dealer? in sa i think it is something like 8?
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My side of the story Tue, 26 October 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more like 3 or 4 but they won't get onto you until above 8 or so.

still doesn't matter, from what i see kristian doesn't sell that many cars anyway. most of what he "sells" is more like import brokerage - he buys them over there, brings them here, sells them on straight away and does not actually register them in AUS, hence is not selling aus registered cars.

and most of the complete cars he sells seem to be what he's driven for a bit and gotten bored of.

too many people jump on his back around here, i've never dealt with the guy and probably won't since i drive a ta22 but it still shits me to see people baggin one of this forums supporters
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My side of the story Tue, 26 October 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chucking in 2c here.....

You bought a manual jza70 for $8k? When something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Knowing it had some rego issues prior to the sale means you should have put the groundwork in earlier re: possibility of rego. You took a risk to get a bargin, it's not paying off as easily as you hoped so now it's someone else's fault? Confused

It's dissapointing that your bargin didn't come through - but you must have know it was a risk when you bought it.
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: My side of the story Wed, 27 October 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i would have thought some one with half a brain would have realised their car looks like a piece of shit, bordering on gay with the purple bits, and not have put it in a show and shine event at jamboree. or atleast spent time cleaning it to a reasonable state instead of wasting time on the internet telling people they should be making more money to buy peoples cars after they fucked up. Very Happy Very Happy Razz Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: My side of the story Wed, 27 October 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
..J.. wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 12:26

i would have thought some one with half a brain would have realised their car looks like a piece of shit, bordering on gay with the purple bits, and not have put it in a show and shine event at jamboree. or atleast spent time cleaning it to a reasonable state instead of wasting time on the internet telling people they should be making more money to buy peoples cars after they fucked up. Very Happy Very Happy Razz Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing
i is owned hahaha
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My side of the story Wed, 27 October 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 12:43

Laughing Laughing Laughing
i is owned hahaha

yes, yes you are.

http://www.japaneseimportparts.com/media/bottle-owned[1].jpg
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone got them aston super wrenches?
Next Topic:Good GT4 mechanic in Melbourne?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:35:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009303092956543 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.