Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Is a compliance plate required?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jeff Harper
Regular

August 2003
Is a compliance plate required? Fri, 08 October 2004 07:55 Go to next message
If I was to buy a registered imported car can I re-register it if it does not have a compliance plate?

If the vehicle had been registered without such a plate, wouldn't a law have been broken by someone?

If a seller knowingly sold a registered car without a compliance plate wouldn't is be a good idea for the seller to state that fact before selling it?
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Is a compliance plate required? Fri, 08 October 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In WA I know of a previous importation system, where vehicles were legally registered without a compliance plate, though they also got a "condition" on their licence papers stating that the car was an "imported vehicle and exempt from a compliance plate".
Centur|on
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is a compliance plate required? Fri, 08 October 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno but im in melb and i dont have one, i think 15 year old dont need em or something.
Jeff Harper
Regular

August 2003
Re: Is a compliance plate required? Fri, 08 October 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, but this vehicle is less than 15 years old.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Is a compliance plate required? Fri, 08 October 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

My car doesn't have a comp plate, so it's got a bit of paper from the RTA that says the vehicle is allowed on the roads with a NSW rego plate.

seeyuzz
river
Jeff Harper
Regular

August 2003
Re: Is a compliance plate required? Fri, 08 October 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really, what year model is it?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Is a compliance plate required? Fri, 08 October 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

It's a 1973 Celica GT. It was brought into Oz for GT evaluation by AMI, and also was in a few demos and as a static display, and then put into storage for a few years. It was released for sale, along with said compliance-paper in May 1982.

seeyuzz
river
Jeff Harper
Regular

August 2003
Re: Is a compliance plate required? Fri, 08 October 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, but this vehicle in question is 1991, therefore I thought it is subject to being complied.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: Is a compliance plate required? Fri, 08 October 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your talking about the supra in tassie yeah ?

If so i also thought cars less than 15yrs old had to have been complied and plated but i know 15years and older do not need a compliance plate as such but just to meet compliance to 15yr and over ADR's (engineers cert) and an import approval.
It appears to me that different states have varying rules which is ridiculous to say the least but then i am not supprised as our governing bodies seem to make a habit of making laws that make motorists lives hell when moving interstate.
So in short i suppose i am not much help to you but it is an interesting case.

Regards Superaw11.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 October 2004 11:00]

Jeff Harper
Regular

August 2003
Re: Is a compliance plate required? Fri, 08 October 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, no, that is a mere coincidence I assure you.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: Is a compliance plate required? Fri, 08 October 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Harper wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 21:02

Oh, no, that is a mere coincidence I assure you.

HMMMMMM SPIDER SENSES TINGLING Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Is a compliance plate required? Fri, 08 October 2004 21:29 Go to previous message
Hi,

Sorry I can't help with regards to a 1991 model. I'm still confused about the 15y rule! Confused

However, I wish to put on personal number-plates, but the document I got for complinace specifies the plates that are currently on the car. So, I gotta find out if getting new plates requires a new doco or not.

seeyuzz
river
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR2 Vs S14 200SX Vs WRX
Next Topic:Just bought an MKII Supra w/ 2 1G-GTE Motors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:59:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065679550170898 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.