Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » what on earth is this??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 10:18 Go to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/jag7799/fuel.jpg

this thing is on my main fuel supply line going into my injector rail right under the firewall and just infront...
the line infront of it is my return line.
I want to know what the big thing that ive circled is.
is it the fuel filter?, if so i was informed the 1jz had a fuel filter mounted to the block.. would that in turn mean the person who did my conversion did something silly and is running 2 fuel filters?..
if its not, what is it?
  Send a private message to this user    
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it looks like a fuel filter to me
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but on 1j's arent they meant to be on the block???? if so.. where exactly?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks lik a fuel filter to me...

As for finding one on the block... Follow your fuel lines...
My guess is that you won't find one.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a huge pulsation dampener?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 21:45

a huge pulsation dampener?

how would i tell the difference
im running like a 600 hp pump.. maybe even higher
what are some tell tale signs of what it is
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your car may have warts
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuel filter?
Fuel pulse dampener?
Regulator?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which one is it?
or tell tale signs of each one
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some-type of FUEL POLARIZER , or fuel saver gimmick ?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Rip it out and pull it apart. It's the only way you're gonna know for sure. Smile

seeyuzz
river
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no pulling apart Sad
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have another fuel filter in the high-pressure line? If not, it's a fuel filter. If you do, it's probably not a fuel filter.

Do you have a pressure regulator on the fuel rail? If not, it's a pressure regulator. If you do, it's probably not a pressure regulator.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SeptemberSquallIndustries wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 23:01

Do you have another fuel filter in the high-pressure line? If not, it's a fuel filter. If you do, it's probably not a fuel filter.

Do you have a pressure regulator on the fuel rail? If not, it's a pressure regulator. If you do, it's probably not a pressure regulator.

lol.. i guess ill have a look tomorrow
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It wont be your fuel regulator that should be on your fuel rail my guess is a fuel filter I would pull it of and have a look if it is a fuel filter change it for a new one, Id say it may need it

BEN
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Siktoy ra23 wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 00:30

It wont be your fuel regulator that should be on your fuel rail my guess is a fuel filter I would pull it of and have a look if it is a fuel filter change it for a new one, Id say it may need it

BEN

it might be new one.. its just been covered in alloy shavings and crap and paint overspray
ill check it out..
how do i tell exactly?.. and whats a new one cost abouts
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: what on earth is this?? Fri, 08 October 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the looks of it, it won't do any harm taking it out. Do you have a fuel filter on it somewhere?

On a GZ20 Soarer the stock fuel filter is fixed above the differential. I had this taken out as it was old and I already had a new Ryco fuel filter on the fuel line.

Take it out and put a Ryco fuel filter in its place.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: what on earth is this?? Sat, 09 October 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like fuel filter to me

stock fuel filter is right behind the left engine mount

there are at least two different types

my chaser engine has a much larger one than my soarer engine

BTW if anyone is looking for a 1jz fuel filter there is one somewhere on the grandstands at willowbank that I left there Confused Embarassed

pressure regulator is the thing on the end of the fuel rail that has a return line on it and an air pipe going into the plenum

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: what on earth is this?? Sat, 09 October 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dood if you dont know what that is, i think you should take your car to a mechanic and avoid working on it yourself at all costs.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what on earth is this?? Sat, 09 October 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay.. i beleive its new and its a fuel filter..
its an FSA one
I get 1.9 litre a minute out of my return line, is that okay?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: what on earth is this?? Sat, 09 October 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no "ok" for the fuel flowing from your return line. whatever the engine doesnt use it doesnt use!

dont just say you believe its a new fuel filter, the first thing you do when you get a car is change the oils and filters. for the sake of a $3 fuel filter youve got peice of mind.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what on earth is this?? Sat, 09 October 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 17:57

there is no "ok" for the fuel flowing from your return line. whatever the engine doesnt use it doesnt use!

dont just say you believe its a new fuel filter, the first thing you do when you get a car is change the oils and filters. for the sake of a $3 fuel filter youve got peice of mind.

or i could save 3 dollars and ring the guy who did the conversion and ask him if he changed the filter
Also, that fuel test was just with ignition to acc... no motor running
if that changes anything
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: what on earth is this?? Sat, 09 October 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 18:51

EVOSTi wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 17:57

or i could save 3 dollars and ring the guy who did the conversion and ask him if he changed the filter
Also, that fuel test was just with ignition to acc... no motor running
if that changes anything

or you could look at the thing and if it doesn't look new, then it's probably old... is your engine, and it's just outside your house? guy who did conversion probably wont remember or will tell you BS anyway?

also... fuel pressure is the thing to monitor, not return fuel volume. Yes having the engine running may make a difference - to fuel rail pressure - but the pressure regulator's job is to maintain that pressur regardless of engine behaviour.

is the engine warning light coming on at all? and have you tried to check for any diagnostic codes from the ECU (do a search for extracting error codes from 1JZ)
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what on earth is this?? Sun, 10 October 2004 02:40 Go to previous message
Fuel filter looks new so im assuming it is.
I think the original filter has been taken off the engine..
no warning light at all.
With the boosting problems it was having.. im starting to think it might have been a kink in boost controller lines or something rather than something wrong with a car
cause boost with controller on most open setting was 14 psi.. but was only 11 without
should with an open boost controller only go up to 12 or so
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:teh GTR can nevAh lo53...
Next Topic:What's the go with drift damage and and that monkey sticker?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:19:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051770210266113 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.