Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
asdfgh
Occasional Poster

October 2004
wanted 2TG or 4age Thu, 07 October 2004 01:46 Go to next message
Hey everyone
i am 15 and new to the site and just bought a KE35 sedan Very Happy while terrorising our local streets i realised how under powered my gr8 little car is Sad so i am lookin to buy a 2tg 4a or something similar to get a bit more power so we can do burnouts because i am serioulsy deprived here
thanx for any help
  Send a private message to this user    
pheonix83
Regular

June 2004
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Thu, 07 October 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate, i hate to say it but either one will not be a simple drop in conversion.

both require new engine mounts, and a new gearbox, flywheel, clutch, and clutch master cylinder
asdfgh
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Thu, 07 October 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know all that i am willing to put in the work
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Thu, 07 October 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a 2tg, the head needs a rebuild. $250.
tafebum
Regular

December 2002
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Sat, 09 October 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont know what you looking at spending but i have just about finished rebuilding a bigport 4age that i dont really need anymore.

It has computer and uncut loom

Block
* Cleaned and honed
* New Crank bearings
* New Bigend Bearings
* New ACL Duraglide Pistons and rings.
* All new ACL gaskets and seals

Head
* Surfaced and Cleaned
* Valves Reseated
* New performance springs
* WADE billet 267 cams extra 1mm lift
* All new ACL gaskets and seals

All up im looking for $1400 with the WADE CAMS
or $1000 with standard Cams

asdfgh
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Sat, 09 October 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks alot man but i cant afford that much, i realised that a 2TG is in my price bracket where a 4age isnt

sorry about the waste of time

Calvin
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Sat, 09 October 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Calvin,
Specify a price range - you'll get a better responce.

Clint
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Sun, 10 October 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a ke35 with a 2tg in it. No engine mount modification is needed. We just droped it in, only thing we did was modify the clutch to make it a hydrolic one.
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Sun, 10 October 2004 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RE: KE35 2T-G conversion; yes, it does 'bolt in', but really should be moved over a bit. Read here.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Mon, 11 October 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would change the mounts if i was you, in most cases you will need to lean on the motor with a big crowbar or somthing to get it to bolt in....
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Fri, 15 October 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
technically yes you should move it over a little, but that's only for clearence for the carbs and the brake booster. but they fit nicely with out the move. don't need a crowbar to lean it to get it in. Last 5 times I've done this it's a 20min job to get out, and another 20 to get it in. that's in to the point of turn the key and it'll go.

really not much hassel at all.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Tue, 19 October 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(edit)wrong post!(/edit)
I've got a 2TG for sale, check the engine for sale section! Dunno about getting it to you though - may take a bit of sorting out.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 13:11]

TheNav
Regular

April 2004
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Thu, 21 October 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 3T engine if your interested. Its in my TA22 atm but is about to get taken out. It also has extractors on it. I live in brisbane though so it would cost a bit to send down, but if your keen, let me know

Nav
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Thu, 21 October 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheNav: why are you tasking the engine out? Is it on its way out? What price are you looking for it?

FWDboy: How much you lookin for for the 2tg? I think I met you on the last cruise through chain of ponds and gorge rd.. Where the soooby hit the wall... What else is needed for the 2tg conversion other than engine? I got the ke55. Is it as simple as they say?

Is the 2TG conversion easier than the 4age conversion? Or does the 4age out-weigh on performance?
I am tempted on all these, but is it better to stick with modding the 4k. I have heard the 4k can be a beast if done right...

Calvin: your not wasting anyones time, this is what these forums are about, I am learning so much from these guys just by asking the same questions as you. You don't always get the best responses, but that doesn't matter. Coz hey... all you gotta do is just hijack someone elses post .... Kiddin. Very Happy

Tafebum: I would be very interested in this engine, but the pocket doesn't feel too happy about it. It seems like a good place to start with. What kind of milage is on the engine?
Can you post up a pic on your 4age please.

I don't mean to be dumb here, but what is the specs of a 2TG engine? Does anyone have a pic they can post up for me to see..

Hey adfgh: Sorry about "hijacking" this post, but they are probably some of the questions you would want to know also...
Good luck mate...
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Thu, 21 October 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

How much you lookin for for the 2tg? I think I met you on the last cruise through chain of ponds and gorge rd.. Where the soooby hit the wall... What else is needed for the 2tg conversion other than engine?
Not sure what else is needed for the conversion, sorry Sad I'll take $220 for the engine condition is questionable! Should run, vaguely, but as with almost ALL old engines that haven't been reconditioned it could probably use a few fresh bits and pieces. If you want to pay more I can always get some of the more vital stuff done to it.
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Thu, 21 October 2004 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you take a pic of the engine for me please... Also, is the engine much larger than the 4k? Can anyone tell me how much work is involved with this conversion, some say there is more to it than just bolting in.
ASDFGH: this could be of some interest to you also mate...

Thank you... Very Happy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Fri, 22 October 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The engine is definitely bigger, you are talking about a 1.6 litre twin overhead cam design versus a compact little K engine!

Pics to come later today.
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Fri, 22 October 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, has anyone else done this conversion to a ke55 coupe. Can I still use the same gearbox and dif? they prob seem like dumb questions, but hey, I'm learniong from you guys that have done this.

Very Happy
pheonix83
Regular

June 2004
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Fri, 22 October 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all u need is a donor ta22.

then u can use the engine, gearbox, clutch system and tailshaft.
best to modify the mounts.
only cost 40 bucks or so.

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Fri, 22 October 2004 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can get you a clutch from a TA-23 - as for the gearbox + tailshaft etc, U-Pull-It lonsdale is the place to go...they still got plenty of 22's lying around. You could pick up a clutch there as well, I'm pretty sure the clutch gripped well in my car back when it actually went backwards and forwards Smile
doityourself
Regular

July 2004
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Sat, 23 October 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have done this conversion before it is dead easy.
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Sat, 23 October 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, care to share the ins and outs of this conversion?
Am quite seriously thinking about it... I guess its a better set
up than the 4k engine... Any luck on those carbs? Meant to ask you B4, when you got rid of them, did they have the manifold with then for a 4k?
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Sat, 23 October 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey bud, If you still have the engine next month, I can take it off your hands, I'm strapped for cash this month as I had to fork out $440 for a rad for my mx3. Care to donate the engine for the ke55 project, will come collect and give ya a bottle of scotch and a slab for it..... Paaaaallllleassse Very Happy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Sat, 23 October 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm'ed ya!
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: wanted 2TG or 4age Thu, 28 October 2004 15:18 Go to previous message
i got a rebuilt 2tg for sale $700
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGZE Crank Angle Sensor
Next Topic:W58, R154 box or JZ Bell housing. Front sump as part trade
Goto Forum: