Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
icon4.gif  v8 in ae86 WTF Sat, 09 October 2004 03:23 Go to next message
http://www.winisp.net/ae86gt/V8AE86.htm Nod

now...people do a lot of crazy stuff but this is a bit extreme i think Shocked , besides totaly f**king the balance of the car i dont think a poor little sprinter chassy would deal very well with the torque of a v8

but thats besides the point..in the 2 bottom pictures you can see that somehow he has fitted coilovers to the rear of the car. Has any1 ever done this? How much cutting / welding is involved, what sort of strut top strengthning is required, what car do u get the coilovers for so they fit?
I have been trying to get coilovers for my car but the best people can tell me is to get proper ones for the front and matched spring / shock combo in the rear.

Adam

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 03:24]

Send a private message to this user    
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 in ae86 WTF Sat, 09 October 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bit harsh mate!

Coil overs front and rear, and with the hilux diff in the rear the weight balance wouldn't be too far out I don't think....

There was a thread on this car a couple of months ago, do a search and drag it up, has much better info on it..

As for the coilovers thats also mentioned in the thread I believe, I think they are sourced from the US, something like that...

Cheers
Wilbo
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: v8 in ae86 WTF Sat, 09 October 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh didnt see the hilux diff, i wasnt bagin it just saying that its probably too much, cheers for the low down Very Happy

Adam
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: v8 in ae86 WTF Sat, 09 October 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you used the search function , this has been covered lots of times before
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: v8 in ae86 WTF Sat, 09 October 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that Meridian?
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 in ae86 WTF Sat, 09 October 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe, seeing as you weren't having a real go at it then, I've found the main link for it Smile ...lol

Oh and I was wrong too, its got a MS112 diff in it anyway! (not a hilux....)

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=39772&rid=36&S=7350af631887e3de64c74e660 7ce2f14&pl_view=&start=0#msg_355705

Off topic (not having a go at you or anyone in particular) but I can't believe that some ppl just come on and bag out ppl's hard work.... Sad is it so obscene that someone would just build a car that makes them happy? Who cares is it differs a little from the norm... Laughing

Cheers
Wilbo
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 in ae86 WTF Sat, 09 October 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SeptemberSquallIndustries wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 15:17

Is that Meridian?

yeah it is

i can see takai's car too Razz
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 in ae86 WTF Sat, 09 October 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon its an unreal conversion and looks like its been done very neatly.

I read something from Bill Sherwood wrote about it, he went for a drive in it, and was impressed. Now I reckon he knows his stuff a lot more some others..

Also the 1UZ is suprising quite a light engine.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 08:32]

Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: v8 in ae86 WTF Sun, 10 October 2004 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know ur not having a go at me but ill defend myself anyway Smile i didnt even know anythign about this car...my mate sent me a link to the pics so i decided to share with fellow toymodders, there was no info on the page at all and yea...i apologise for wasting 15 valuble seconds for those "use the search button people" one day all the possible topics will be covered and it will only be u guy telling each other to use the search button Very Happy

but on a lighter note thanx for pointing me to the right thread the rear coilover setup looks great wonder how much to get some custom made up, that site that the other thread goes to thats in the US isnt it? some of the parts they got look great, espectially that brake kit

Adam
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: v8 in ae86 WTF Sun, 10 October 2004 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you weighed up the costs/trouble versus the advantages of a rear coilover setup?

not worth it at all imho
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: v8 in ae86 WTF Sun, 10 October 2004 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i have...i figure that all the parts im gonna get from now on are gonna be more towards the top of the range....in the end its only money...and after going on the track i know that the king spring / sport kyb combo was a bad idea..i want the ability to adjust stuff...Very Happy plus i imagine that modifying the top hat of a coilover cant be that hard, i havent really looked at it but anything is possible if u got a welder and grinder Rolling Eyes

now i just gotta figure out from what car the coilover should be so that the shock / spring rates are ok...something like a silvia would probably be a good start

Adam
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: v8 in ae86 WTF Sun, 10 October 2004 21:49 Go to previous message
gearb0x wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 16:34

SeptemberSquallIndustries wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 15:17

Is that Meridian?

yeah it is

i can see takai's car too Razz

Actaully that aint my car, its the clone. That would be Toby's old SX. Had the same mags as mine, just not white.

As for the UZ, it is quite a marvel of engineering.
As for Bobski, use two things: search, and FAQ.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20V Dissy mods
Next Topic:THE Lexus V8 Sprinter anyone?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:59:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052831172943115 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.