Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hemi twofifteen turbo
Regular

October 2003
Ta22 GT vs LT Thu, 07 October 2004 10:28 Go to next message
what difference did the GT have over the standard (LT?)
and what is the ST? I found a gauge in a ST celica which
had oil presure/volts instead of idiot lights, and was wondering
what other mods (apart from 2tg) the celica's had?

I ask because i might just do the mods and reg/insure the
22 as a GT for cheaper insureance than a modded LT...

Send a private message to this user    
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Thu, 07 October 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 October 2004 10:31]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Thu, 07 October 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SeptemberSquallIndustries wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 20:31

OK.

Yep
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Thu, 07 October 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Celica ET - 1400cc engine - very low end model
Celica LT - 1600cc 2T engine - low end model
Celica ST - 1600cc 2T (with twin carbs) - standard model
Celica GT - 1600cc 2TG - top end model
Celica GTV - As per GT but without some of the internal GT trims (ie no electric windows, non-leather trim, no air con).

Don't try and turn an LT into a GT - it's embarrasing to the pure GT model, and anyone who knows the diff can spot a fake from 10 kilometres.

seeyuzz
river
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Thu, 07 October 2004 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got a 73 ST,the main differences seem to be:
GT bonnet flutes
Amp/Oil gauge
the nicer c pillar vent thingies
GT center console,the one that goes all the way to the stereo bit with 2 ashtrays(yeh i know im a tech wiz)
the door trims have carpeted bottoms with a magazine type holder
electric arial with controll on the console
inside the glove box is a plug in light that you can move around the car
all the rest of the things that are usually for the GT are filled in with useless bits of plastic,like the aircon controller etc..
thats all i can think of at the moment..

As for making your car look like a GT,i am in the process of getting clear indicators and hopefully GTV badge front and back as i think it will look sweet,while I do hate riced up cars especially ppl that put type R stickers on their stokka civics,the only way to tell a non GT would be by checking the inside..And those italic badges just look so damn sexy!!
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Thu, 07 October 2004 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

True, if you add the bonnet, grille, badging and interior consoles of the GT, it will look like a GT. It is easier to make it look like a GTV due to the lack of proper toyota air-con units and switches for these old cars, and lack of power windows and proper power window switches etc. You also need to put in the 2TB engine (for ST) or 2TG engine (for GT).

To the untrained eye it will look, for all appearances, to be a GTV (or GT). However, one some asshole like me sees it, I'd say "wow, is that a real GT or GTV?" and then wanna see under the hood and the build plate and that's when you know it aint.

But, you're right, those GT/GTV bits and pieces (bonnet, badges, etc) do look very sweet.. very sweet indeed. I'm sure when (or if) you sell the car it will command a better price with all these rare trimmings, 'cos GT/GTV bits are as rare as hens teeth and cost a bomb now. If it's a real GT/GTV then the price goes up a lot, lot more.

THe problem now, having these bits on your car, is you gotte be extra careful now 'cos if some knuckelhead hits your car it's gonna be nigh impossible to get the GT/GTV bonnet etc replaced with another - and that's a real bummer.

seeyuzz
river

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Fri, 08 October 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too tru river,hey are you still thinking of getting an old skool GT from Japan? I am thinking of doing the same and have found a really good dealer with alot of GT's from 72 onwards,even the coup GTV version of your 73,only problem is the website is all in Jap and making it quite hard to translate..
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Fri, 08 October 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Isn't there an on-line Jap translator you can use? Also, what's the addy so I can have a gander.

seeyuzz
river
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Fri, 08 October 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just on the bonnets - they are identical - its just the flutes that were added ( whuch are titally for appearance only )

As for replicas - who am i to complain - ive got the closest thing to a genuine group A Gt4 that you can build yourself ..

Replicas are good - but as long as you achnowelege its roots , and not claim it to be genuine - People - such as river - who have genuines , are lucky to have what they have , and must mbe " respected " for that
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Fri, 08 October 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
River, I think its a good thing for people to convert their LT to a GT or GTV. The main thing is to be edjucated in what a GT actualy is to start with, then being able to track down the parts needed to make it look right. In pre-internet days this was almost imposiable, but for the bold its not too hard today.

Many people just stick a twincam in, and modify the rest in acordance with Hot4's magazine, as far as they can afford. So what we end up with in Australia are LT Celicas, with 18R-GEU (gay coloured cam cover), 17" wheels made for FWD offset with spacers, sparkly paint, tinted windows, painted bumpers, monster tacho, gauges outside the car, checkerplate interia with pink seats, subwoofer, and stupid number plates.

So if someone wants to actualy try and replicate a GT or GTV model, encorage them, don't put them down. I like the original Japan spec look. And to get it right shows someone has done some resurch and not just spent money.

I have converted my humble corolla to a "Levin", and I don't think River would be able to tell the difference. It also goes faster than an original GT or Levin.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I don't think I was actually putting anyone down. What I was saying is the GT marque is rare and different, and therefore you should be respectful in how you do your upgrade.

At the end of the day, there is more to converting an LT into a GT or GTV than applying badges and some internal and external trim. You will need the P51 gearbox, the 9inch LSD, split tail shaft, overhead warning lights, different steering wheels, 2TG engine, fender mirrors, grille, tail lights, etc.

Anyone who went to that level gets my respect for their time and effort (and money) they invested to get as close as possible to the GT. Also, I'd respect their vehicle and how they have modded it to be a GT.

It comes down to how you want to build your car. Do you just want the GT (or Levine) look? Or do you want the GT/Levine look with extra mechanical and engine mods to make it faster? Or do you want to exactly replicate the GT (Levine) marque as close as, and as true as possible to these models?

No, I wouldn't recognise if your car is a real Levine or not - but then again I'm not very conversant with the Corolla range. Maybe someone that is would be able to to tell, or recognise the build plate to see it wasn't a real one. As far as your car being faster than a GT or a Levine, that's good and fine, but then again, it's not a real Levine, otherwise it would have similar performance.

seeyuzz
river
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 15:26

At the end of the day, there is more to converting an LT into a GT or GTV than applying badges and some internal and external trim. You will need the P51 gearbox, the 9inch LSD, split tail shaft, overhead warning lights, different steering wheels, 2TG engine, fender mirrors, grille, tail lights, etc.

WTF!!!! 9" diff??? hey river is this really true??? i ddnt know that, is the GTV 9" asweell?

the only car iv seen pics of for real GT is simons car

also P51, i cant say iv heard that one before either... do you know ratios for that box by any chance???
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It does not have a 9" differential.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I thought the standard diff was 7.5" and the GT is larger, so I thought it was 9inch. My mistake. However, it is larger 'cos the standard TA22 rear sway bar wouldn't fit around the diff, hence I had to get it customised.

The P51 is a 5-speed transmission that was designed with assistance from Porsche, hence the "P" designation. The P51 was used in different cars at the time (Celica, Corona) and the ratios can differ slightly. In the case of my P51 the ratios are :-

1st - 3.525
2nd - 2.054
3rd - 1.396
4th - 1.000
5th - 0.858

Diff ratio is - 3.909

seeyuzz
river
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gimme the diff jerk Evil or Very Mad
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The GTV had the same performance components as per the GT - that is, same engine, same gearbox, same LSD diff, etc. The GTV however, did not have the internal trims of the GT - namely the air con, electric windows and such stuff. The reasoning was the GTV to be lighter (without all the pretty/luxury trimmings) than the GT for better performance. Naturally, it had the GTV badging etc to distinguish it from the GT.

EJ - Sorry mate, the diffs currently attached and you can't have it. Same with the badges Smile

seeyuzz
river
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The standard differential in is T, which is 6.7". Your differential should be an F diff, which *may* be 7.5".
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

yes, it's an F series diff. There are some extra numbers that denote what type of F-diff it is, but I forget what they mean.

seeyuzz
river
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They denote ratio, pinion type and diff lock mechanism.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

It's 5F2-F313

seeyuzz
river
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F: 7.5"
31: Ratio 31 (3.909 you said?)
3: two pinion LSD
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for that. I have now been enlightened.

seeyuzz
river
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey river are you talking bout your RA25 or do you have a '22?

damn thats a sweet diff!!! Shocked

personally im not too aorried bout the door trims and stuff to make it a GT or the power windows (but would be cool)... i mainly like the exterior options of the GT and the dash facia... i dont want the GT centre console that goes all the way back, im gonna keep the stock one as the NOS bottle will sit behind the handbrake when it goes in Rolling Eyes

just picked up an oil/ammeter GT guage in metric form, so now i have a complete GT dash facia all in metric and not crappy american style Very Happy

have almost organised ALL external GT pretty bits Very Happy just gotta fork out the $$$ to get them...

hey guys am i right in assuming that th GT had a different heater section than the LT? or is it exactly the same?

also the roof centre warning lights, where did that mount exactly? is it in front of the rear view mirror?

does anyone have good pics of an original GT? im after in and out? or even a sight you know of that has good pics?

cheers
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I'm talking about the '25. I traded in my LT TA22 to get the RA25.

I think the heater sections are the same, but I can check 'cos I got the Jap microfiche on the TA22/RA25/TA27 series with exploded diagrams of everything and the appropriate part numbers. I'm talking about stuff that goes down to the actual screw size and part number, badges, engines, gearboxes, consoles... even the various body moulding and pin-striping. It's got the heater units in there, so I'll have a check. If there's a diff there are usually two diagrams, one for LT/ST and another for GT/GTV. That's how I got the part numbers for the fender mirrors, etc.

I tried to get a GT console, both upper & lower and a dashfacia and steering wheel (for spares) but none exist in Toyota stocks in the world (ie Oz, Japan, US or Europe).

Power windows are a bitch. I'd prefer winders, but the car came with pwr ones. Not only are they slow, the buttons are stuffed and there's no spares around. So, I'm trying to fix or re-engineer replacements, or hopefully find some wrecker in Japan where I can source some switches.

Roof warning lights are mounted just aft of the rear view mirror. Up to mid-1974 (approx) they were just a three-light thingo (feul, washer, brake light) and then it got bigger with some extra warning lights and a reading light. Mine is the three-light unit.

My RA25 is a JDM GT model, with perfect and original interior. I can take some pics for you, or, if you live close by, you can come by and have a squizz yourself. The RA25, being based off the TA22, has the TA22 dashboard and interior - it's not like the RA23/28 at all.

seeyuzz
river
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 21:54

I can check 'cos I got the Jap microfiche on the TA22/RA25/TA27 series with exploded diagrams of everything and the appropriate part numbers. I'm talking about stuff that goes down to the actual screw size and part number, badges, engines, gearboxes, consoles... even the various body moulding and pin-striping. It's got the heater units in there, so I'll have a check. If there's a diff there are usually two diagrams, one for LT/ST and another for GT/GTV. That's how I got the part numbers for the fender mirrors, etc..

man i would love a copy of the microfiche Shocked Very Happy

Power windows are a bitch. I'd prefer winders, but the car came with pwr ones. Not only are they slow, the buttons are stuffed and there's no spares around. So, I'm trying to fix or re-engineer replacements, or hopefully find some wrecker in Japan where I can source some switches.

im gonna stick with the winders, im not that lazy, and your right with the parts and stuff, something breaks or fails and goodluck trying to fix or replace... not worth it

Roof warning lights are mounted just aft of the rear view mirror. Up to mid-1974 (approx) they were just a three-light thingo (feul, washer, brake light) and then it got bigger with some extra warning lights and a reading light. Mine is the three-light unit.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... gotta try and find one... maybe simon will sell his Rolling Eyes from his site it still doesnt seem to be connected up... try and work the charm on him Laughing yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!

My RA25 is a JDM GT model, with perfect and original interior. I can take some pics for you, or, if you live close by, you can come by and have a squizz yourself. The RA25, being based off the TA22, has the TA22 dashboard and interior - it's not like the RA23/28 at all.

mate i would love to come past and check it out but i work every weekend without fail so it would be hard, would love a few pics! you dont have to send every pic, a couple out and a couple in. either post them here if you can or send to fadee@optusnet.com.au

cheers and THANKS HEAPS...

got any comment on my microfiche request? Rolling Eyes
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Well, you can see the external pics on the "classic-celica.com" site. Check the "Hot Celicas Gallery", then go to the "JDM Section". It's highlighted with a reddish RA25 Celica, which is my car. When you go in there you'll see a few other thumbnails and click on the one labelled "Australian RA25".

I'll take some pics of inside the car in the next few days, and some of the badging and email you.

Okay... my beloved microfiche is, in reality, a 27.3Mb PDF file. Easily burnable onto a CD. Matter of fact, I burnt a copy for the local Toyota Dealership ('cos they have no info on JDM stuff) and then I get them to order the parts I need, using the PDF. Cool, eh?

I think I might have one on the RA23/28/29/35 series but haven't really checked 'cos I'm interested in the RA25 stuff - which also incorporates the TA22/27 series.

So, you gimme a CD and I'll burn it.

seeyuzz
river

hemi twofifteen turbo
Regular

October 2003
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe wow i've never had a post 25 ppl have replied to b4 Smile
I was just asking to get cheaper insurance..
If i say i've got an LT with modded engine, (2tg) they wont
do it, but their fine to insure a GT.. so yeah

thanks heaps for all your replies, i didn't know about all the
models until now. I have an ams/oil gauge, what is it worth? is that all that is req'd to be a gt dash?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sat, 09 October 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

No. You also need a speedo that goes to 220kmh and I think you'll need a different tacho. I can't remeber what the tacho went to in the LT, but I don't think the 2T revs as hard as the 2TG and you'll need one that goes to 8000rpm - with yellow from 6500 to 7000 and red from 7000 to 8000.

seeyuzz
river
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sun, 10 October 2004 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just saw this thread. The TA22 GT does have many differences over the LT, particularly the jap spec GT. The windows are also factory tinted on the GT model, jap spec anyway.

The heater part is the same, only the A/C controls etc are different due to teh console.
The TA22 GT "OK Monitor" actually has 6 warning lights and a map light. It sits in teh roof liner between the sunvisors.

I don't think the TA22 ever had an F series diff, mine is only F series cause I used a diff from an RA40 GT. Stock TA22 had the T series, 6.7 inch. Early GT's even had the D series centre which is 6.62 inches I think.

I like my power windows, but like River said they are very hard to get parts for. So fingers crossed they dont play up. The original window switches only have basic contacts that arent very reliable.

The GTV was a GT without the options. It was built more for performance and less for luxury so no power windows etc. Although I think they were options on the GTV.

I think the tacho is the same. Mine is orange line at 6500rpm and then red from 7000 to 8000. Same as LT?

The only thing missing on my car now is the low level fuel switch in the tank for low fuel warning on the ok monitor. I modified the tank for a high flow pump so thats one of my last challenges, getting the low level switch back in there somehow.

Toyota is all out of GT gear now, so finding parts isn't too easy anymore.

As for insurance, they obviously don't know the models too well. 2T or 2TG shouldn't make any difference as they are both N/A 1600cc. The TA22 GT only came to Australia in very small numbers, I'm surprised the insurance company even knows of the GT. Putting in a 2TG and calling it a GT isn't right either. If they are worried about the model that much it wouldn't be hard to tell its not a GT if you have an accident.

Hope this helps,
Simon
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sun, 10 October 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so the GTV is a hybrid of the LT and GT?

so the only thing GTV has is the same centre console and maual windows as the LT, other than that it is a GT (dash and exterior)

does the GTV have the warning lights aswell?

if that is the case then i might go for the GTV look alike rather than GT.

i might be able to get my hands on GTV/GT blank comliance plates. if i do then no one woud know the difference Rolling Eyes
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sun, 10 October 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I guess you could sorta say the GTV has more LT-type interior, but with the perfomance bits (engine,gearbox, etc) of the GT.

I dunno about the OK Monitor. As you're doing a TA22 conversion, Simon would be the best to answer that, as he has (I think) a real TA22 GT and that's what you're aiming for. My knowledge is in the RA25 series, which was built at the same time, but sorta had some RA23/28 style blended with TA22 style - even though it came out before the 23/28 series. THe 25 was the predecessor for the 28. Hence the F-series diff, 18RG engine and other things that were not in the TA22 range.

seeyuzz
river
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Sun, 10 October 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as I know the ok monitor was standard on the GT and optional in the GTV. It does have the same console as the GT, just no oil temp gauge.

The GTV is still a higher model than the LT and ST. Things is doesn't have compared to the GT are power windows, oil temperature gauge and ok monitor.
However I think there were still available options. Not sure what speedo range the GTV has either, most likely 220km/hr.
I think the steering on a GTV is a little different as well. Variable ratio or something, dunno for sure....And the track on a GTV is 10mm wider from memory.

Of course the GTV has different badges, the rear is italic like my GT badges but the front one is a block type.
I actually have a rear GTV badge.

Cheers,
Simon
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Mon, 11 October 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude,

Insuring your LT as a GT rates about as smart as insuring your porsche as a VW beetle. Sure there kinda the same. Rolling Eyes

Once you need to claim they will simply identify your car as a MODIFIED LT and you will void your policy, sounds like a great idea to me !

As for JDM GT v's LT I honestly don't have the time it wil take me to list and explain the differences. As a shortlist tho:

Gauge cluster
Speedo
tacho
Amp/oil PSI guage
Steering wheel
Gear knob
centre console
seat trim
door trim
roof lining
ok monitor
stereo
engine
tailshaft
brake master cylinder
steering column
Grill
High beam
indicator & parker lenses/location
Indictor switch
bonnet vents
windscreen rubbers
side windows (Tinted)
wheels and tyres
body graphics and of course badging
and the MOST important part the ID plate !
Can't remember if the suspension was different or not ?

However the rear quarter vent thingies as they were mentioned above are NOT specific to the GT. They are year model specific. Check this link:

http://www.toymods.org.au/ta22.html

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Mon, 11 October 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are a lot of differences, but I think making a good effort at making a LT a GT is my old car(Joe & Rod put the hours into making this a beauty).

Eg...

GT Grille and rear Panel

http://alchemist.bshop247.com/cars/front.jpg

EFI Baby!

http://alchemist.bshop247.com/cars/2tgeu.jpg

It was just gorgeous....why did I sell it again?

http://alchemist.bshop247.com/cars/celica.jpg

The interior was re-upholstered, had the GT gauges, leather bound wheel, ROH rolling stock for more look at

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=21342&start=0&rid=1883&S=9ba08080657 0d8081e93933a93614d9d

If I ever get a job that can afford 2 cars I'll buy my baby back!
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Mon, 11 October 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just cause u have the GT gauges doesnt mean it will look GT. dont forget the GT dash was a diffrent colour facia also. no woodgrain.

have a pic somewhere if anyone wants it emailed.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Mon, 11 October 2004 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all i know is that im turnogn mine into an FT (fadee's touch) Rolling Eyes Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Mon, 11 October 2004 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

fade-e wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 07:11

all i know is that im turnogn mine into an FT (fadee's touch) Rolling Eyes Laughing

Maybe an FTV, perhaps? Smile

seeyuzz
river
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Tue, 12 October 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hows this for rice of the month... ill get an FTV badge made up for the car... then it will definately be a one of a kind Laughing

hhhhhmmmmm front and back FTV badge in italics then sell it back to toyota as a custom made one of a kind.... yeah right....
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Tue, 12 October 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only the domestic gt had ok monitors and oil temp guage, that i still have 1 for sale ,the export gt had either wind up of p windows i have a friend that still has his ta22 gt and i have owned 2 1 RA21 gtv and a ta22 gt both have the same fronts as the ta27 series celicas also a person that has owned 1 will no the frame no is unique to that car plus the any thing else
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon6.gif  Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Tue, 12 October 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glen,

Only the last of the JDM TA22 GT's (75 models) had the same front as the TA27.

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Tue, 12 October 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

So, until then the TA22 had it's "normal" looking front with the sloped orange front indicators? Which means the RA25/TA27 series, which started production in 1973 had the RA23-ish looking front? Or, more accurate to say the RA23/28 had the RA25/TA27 looking front, seeing the 25/27 preceeded the 23/28.

seeyuzz
river
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Ta22 GT vs LT Tue, 12 October 2004 10:05 Go to previous message
the ta22 front has been the same in japan and aussie since it was released in 71 they changed the lip on the guards in late 73 and we know about the fuel tank in the 1st model and the flat tail lights and the white parkers and orange indicators in the stone tray the japanese only front which was made for 2 years RA21/25 and the TA22/27 from late 73 to the 75 these were for japan only and were not for export and had all the options that you could order also the coupes had the 6 fuction ok monitor and the oil temp guage in the top of the range model gtv for 1 year and it was only released in the coupes not the hatches ,they had only a 3 funtion flash unit for tail lights and parkers ,they are very similar to the ra23 series except the parts arent inter changable ta22 smaller lentgh to the ra series models in track ,from frt to rear wheels .All ra21and 25 gt have a F series diff and have 13 inch wheels with a 3.9 ratio for final drive and the p51 box
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how strong is a hilux diff?
Next Topic:Solex not squirting
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:44:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068049430847168 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.