Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ? Mon, 04 October 2004 04:42 Go to next message
I'm getting 1 for free and it's got certain sentimental values. The motor is on it's way out so i'm looking for a bit more power and maybe an engine conversion as the old 1 has to come out anway.
I'm gunna start by making it inhale and exhale easyer.
But engine choices i wanna steer clear from EFI .
Anybody done anything similar????
  Send a private message to this user    
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ? Mon, 04 October 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sc14 and a volvo zenith/stromberg carby.

Did it for a project, went like teh clappers.

Cheers
James
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ? Mon, 04 October 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummmm what is a sc14 ?
Sorry 4 sounding like a noob
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ? Mon, 04 October 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SC14 is the supercharger off a 1GGZE it displaces approx 1.4 litres of air per revolution its smaller cousin the SC12 comes off the 4AGZE and as it's name suggests pumps 1.2 litres per rev..i'm geussing that James used the stock motor..so if it's coming out..i'd say maybe put a thick head gasket in it or decompress the pistons a litlle..you will have soo much torque you won't know what to do with it!!! Laughing Shocked
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ? Mon, 04 October 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How hard do u recon this would be 2 do ? and would the gearbox hold up ?
I don't want some insane power house just a few improvements on the stock power output
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ? Mon, 04 October 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift86levin wrote on Mon, 04 October 2004 15:50

SC14 is the supercharger off a 1GGZE it displaces approx 1.4 litres of air per revolution its smaller cousin the SC12 comes off the 4AGZE and as it's name suggests pumps 1.2 litres per rev..i'm geussing that James used the stock motor..so if it's coming out..i'd say maybe put a thick head gasket in it or decompress the pistons a litlle..you will have soo much torque you won't know what to do with it!!! Laughing Shocked

Yeah... The one I did was only designed to last an hour Smile

Machined up a pulley got it boosting to 10psi.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ? Mon, 04 October 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh right
so i'll strike that off my list then.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ? Mon, 04 October 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TX3 turbo motor, but remember it front wheel drive and pretty shit at that, so too much power will just see the car becoming undrivable.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ? Mon, 04 October 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends what you are after in a 'Low budget' power up.

Bang for buck, and ease of installation, your best bet is probably an sc12 supercharger and a small SU style sidedraft carby.

Remove material from the combustion chamber to lower compression, run about 3-5psi, should be noticably torqier/faster/etc.

Other than that, no point in polishing a turd. Swap in an import motor. But then why on a 323 mazda?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ? Mon, 04 October 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's free and it's got sentimental value
I don't want 2 put in a motor that is the same as the 1 i took out. i mean while the motor is out i may aswell do something with it.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ? Sat, 09 October 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm thinking maybe replace the engine and gearbox at the same to give me more engine/mod choices.
can anybody suggest anything ?
andrewa
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Anybody know of any low budget mods to do to a 83 mazda 323 ? Sat, 09 October 2004 10:46 Go to previous message
my mate has a 13b BP in his..

no rego tho
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wheels for 91 MR2
Next Topic:Intemittent/irregular TVIS operation problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:07:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055160522460938 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.