Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sa65
Regular

August 2003
Toyota Supra Chassis Numbers Sun, 10 October 2004 18:04 Go to next message
Hello,

Firstly, this is not a question about deciphering model codes. I already know that. This question is about chassis number ranges particular to the MA61 supra.

My question is this. Does anybody know what number the supra chassis number started and finished at...?

However although I know it would start at something like MA610000001, that's not the answer I'm after, so I'll be more specific. What range did the supra chassis numbers start at 'FOR AUSTRALIAN ONLY models'. I would find it very hard to believe we got chassis number one, in fact, I don't think it would even start at 10000...

Hopefully somebody can answer my question or perhaps point me in the right direction, I have searched for a while and turned up nothing...

Cheers,

Ben

Send a private message to this user    
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Toyota Supra Chassis Numbers Sun, 10 October 2004 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very interesting and valid question....
To this I have an brainless out of curiosity question...
Why do u seek the answer to this question dude? Is it important or just a interested to know thing?
sa65
Regular

August 2003
Re: Toyota Supra Chassis Numbers Sun, 10 October 2004 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

It's not important, but I would like to know, plus I would prefer it to be factual information rather than off-the-top-of-my-head info. I'd like to know how far off mine is from either end of the scale.

Another interesting question for supra lovers, does anybody believe these things will be collectable in the coming years or do people think they'll be about as collectable as an 80's corona (No offence to all you corona lovers out there, I used to own one, just using it to demonstrate difference in how common a car is)?

Cheers

Ben
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Toyota Supra Chassis Numbers Sun, 10 October 2004 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://jnc.farpost.com/data/framno/ma61.html
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stepho/ho mepage.htm
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Toyota Supra Chassis Numbers Sun, 10 October 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sa65 wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 04:04

Hello,

Firstly, this is not a question about deciphering model codes. I already know that. This question is about chassis number ranges particular to the MA61 supra.

My question is this. Does anybody know what number the supra chassis number started and finished at...?

However although I know it would start at something like MA610000001, that's not the answer I'm after, so I'll be more specific. What range did the supra chassis numbers start at 'FOR AUSTRALIAN ONLY models'. I would find it very hard to believe we got chassis number one, in fact, I don't think it would even start at 10000...

Hopefully somebody can answer my question or perhaps point me in the right direction, I have searched for a while and turned up nothing...

Cheers,

Ben

Australian Versions had the Model Code eg. MA61 Auto MA61R-BLPQEQ or Manual MA61R-BLMQEQ ~ The Last Sufix (Q) means it is Australian Version. [It also applys to other imports]

I beleve it does as the MA61 wasn't imported in 1981, it started to be imported in late 1983.

My MA61 Chasis Number is MA61R-01xxxxx (Can't remember number off heart but is something like that), though it was manufactured in December 1983.

Thanks SeptemberSquallIndustries for the search of the frame numbers, I couldn't even find it when I was looking for it.

For furter information in regards to the MA61 go to http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2 as they will be able to help you more Very Happy

Cheers.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Supra Chassis Numbers Mon, 11 October 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considering that the Australian models were only released as the update model, it will be fairly high in the chassis number. Friend has an 83, and thats something like 0100000+, whereas my 81/82 is 0001519 Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Supra Chassis Numbers Mon, 11 October 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Side note: Woo! My car was made second month of production Laughing
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Toyota Supra Chassis Numbers Mon, 11 October 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 09:53

Australian Versions had the Model Code eg. MA61 Auto MA61R-BLPQEQ or Manual MA61R-BLMQEQ ~ The Last Sufix (Q) means it is Australian Version. [It also applys to other imports]

* What I mean is that Toyota Motor Vehicles Only Very Happy
sa65
Regular

August 2003
Re: Toyota Supra Chassis Numbers Mon, 11 October 2004 14:15 Go to previous message
Thanks for everyones reply, especially those web links, they have given me some more information that I didn't know, but I'd still like to know where the series started and ended in Australia. Might have to try Toyota Australia but dont know how much luck I'd have.

My Toyota Supra was manufactured in September 1983. Beats me when it was brought over here but I will check the comp plate tomorrow. I will verify that and the build date tomorrow (it's dark and scary outside). It's an Australian model with a very tired 5M-E SOHC.

The chassis number for my supra is MA610100001.

Funnily enough, according to my windscreen repairer, there are apparently 3 different types of windscreen for the MA61. Is he nuts?

Cheers,

Ben

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 14:10]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae86 sales brochures?
Next Topic:Toyota back in the game with new Supercar.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:20:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045459270477295 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.