Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon4.gif  Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Thu, 07 October 2004 12:42 Go to next message
HELP guys

i forgot to put a stamp on an important letter ... what will happen ??

will they just chuck it out ?
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Thu, 07 October 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rts
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Thu, 07 October 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hsahaha too funny!!
sometimes they just send it anyway.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Thu, 07 October 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 22:48

rts

HUH ?

is that code mate ? heheh

are u sure they will just send it ???
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Thu, 07 October 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
return to sender?
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Thu, 07 October 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm

no return address

i was told if there is no return address it gets destroyed

any truth to this ??
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Thu, 07 October 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont see much else use they'll have with a letter having no stamp or return address.

Maybe ring up the HQ for the post office and ask them?
or better yet go down there and see them urself.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Thu, 07 October 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is why you should put return to sender addresses on your stuff.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Thu, 07 October 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is why the return address should always be the intended address... That way you never need a stamp. It will be returned to where you wanted it to go.

Looks dodgy on business stuff though. Laughing Rolling Eyes
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Thu, 07 October 2004 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omfg, thats genius!
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Thu, 07 October 2004 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 23:51

This is why the return address should always be the intended address... That way you never need a stamp. It will be returned to where you wanted it to go.

i cant tell if youre serious or joking through plain text so...

if i want to post to nsw, and i put their address as the return, wouldnt the postie guy think "how and why the fuck did the nsw guy drop the letter in a vic post box?"
might work with local mail though...
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Thu, 07 October 2004 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.parentsofsuicide.com/photos2_files/fire.jpg
Fig 1.1: Letter burning

why would u put no return address on a important letter anyway?

unless ur a stalker or of somekind Confused
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Fri, 08 October 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most likely it will get delivered with a letter from the postmaster saying something like:
"The attached letter was send with insufficient / no postage paid. We have delivered the letter in good faith, however, please forward payment for postage + $1 processing fee to the postmaster"
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Fri, 08 October 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigg willie style wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 00:19

SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 23:51

i cant tell if youre serious or joking through plain text so...

if i want to post to nsw, and i put their address as the return, wouldnt the postie guy think "how and why the fuck did the nsw guy drop the letter in a vic post box?"
might work with local mail though...

I was joking... However, it would work for local stuff.

Also, I seriously doubt the mailman is going to sort through the letters he takes out of the letterbox right there and then. He would take the sack down to the post office and the sorting machines would probably be the first ones to pick up on the lack of stamp.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Fri, 08 October 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll get a letter saying you owe em money, if no return address then I think they send the letter to the recipient. Either way it'll get delivered.

Tim.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Sat, 09 October 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a nasty habbit of buying the stamp and forgetting to attach it
a few times it got sent regardless
another time it got sent and my dad had a bill to pay for his own birthday card Razz
a couple of times i've heard nothign more
and 3 times it got sent back to me

i'm a shocker with posting letters and cards :/

got a nice collection of unused stamps though
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Sat, 09 October 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you didnt put a stamp on the letter then they will hunt you down and bitch slap you.. truth..
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Sat, 09 October 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Your anthrax might kill the wrong person!
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Sat, 09 October 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well even if it had a stamp that's no guarantee it's going to go where it's intended Razz

Case in point. My dad sent a letter to my brother, from Wollongong to Sydney (a journey of less than 100k's). Yeah it eventually arrived, six months later, after it had been via Canada & Egypt...
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Sat, 09 October 2004 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm, maybe thats where my b'day card is, my dad sent me 2 letters on the same day from t'ville, ones a bill for my cylinder head, the other was a card with cash and scratchies, yeh, i got the freaking bill didnt I Confused
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Wat happens if u forget to put a stamp on a letter ???!!! Sun, 10 October 2004 23:11 Go to previous message
You'd be surprised...I tried it one day, sending stuff without stamps, etc. I think all of them went through with no problems, I don't remember one not getting through or one coming back with the post office asking for payment.

The only one time that it did happen was when I posted a "$1,000,000 prize collection thingy" back with no stamp to the "Collection Office" in like Canada. They wanted $2.45...tell them they are dreaming!

Sometimes they'll open up the mail and have a look what's inside to try and figure out who it came from, but most times they'll just forward it to the address.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Saw AVP
Next Topic:How NOT to drive forklift video
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:53:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063228607177734 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.