Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » 4k extractors and engine mod parts....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
icon6.gif  4k extractors and engine mod parts.... Mon, 11 October 2004 03:46 Go to next message
Anyone out there with a spare set of extractors floating around, also looking for beter than std carby and better than
std cam.... Remember the golden rule... cheap Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: 4k extractors and engine mod parts.... Mon, 11 October 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to wreckers and get a 200B carby for $25 to $40 ? OR get larger jets and remove the secondray buterfly ( Cost $10 ).
You won't get much out of them because of the weak valves and springs and so fouth.
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 4k extractors and engine mod parts.... Mon, 11 October 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I assume the week valves and springs your refering to is the 4k head.... I read the best upgrade for $ is to go 3k head because for larger valves and higher comp ratio. i guess there is a double spring kit for this head. Rolling Eyes

As for 200B carby, does a Daty carb bolt directly to the manifold? Was hoping to find a twin setup cheap with manifold.
What is the advantages on using the 200B carb?
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 4k extractors and engine mod parts.... Tue, 12 October 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any answers on the 200b carb would be interesting, also where might I look for purchasing pistons, cam, 3k head cheap.
I would also like to go down the route of twin SU's They worked a treat when i race the mini's and I think they would work like a treat in the Ke55 coupe....
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: 4k extractors and engine mod parts.... Wed, 13 October 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got some 4K extractors you can buy! let me know what you wanna pay and how you wanna get them.

Andre
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 4k extractors and engine mod parts.... Wed, 13 October 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k series redline manifold and twin 40 doce webers (believe with linkages as well) in syd willign to freight if you pay and offer the right price
pm 4 more details
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4k extractors and engine mod parts.... Wed, 13 October 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3K had are same valves. some have larger intake ports but thats it.
ACL for pistons, anywhere for cam (well.. Camtech, tighe etc)
extractors, make your own Wink
twin SU's would work well.
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 4k extractors and engine mod parts.... Thu, 14 October 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ACL? I'm not sure what that is? Roughly whats the price on flat top pistons? Should I look for ceramic coated pistons, as I've heard the coating provides better heat dissipation.

extractors, make your own
twin SU's would work well

Have thought about making my own extractors, but the only thing that stops me from doing this is trying to make the centre joining piecewhere the pipes meet, I was thinking for fast road and sprint use, a 4-2-1 would be a bit smoother, as I have had 4-1 on a mini before and it was fairly wild. Any thoughts on this? Should i buy mandrel bends and weld them together, or bend up some with a pipe bender? The next question is, which steel is preffered for extractors? I remember reading olong time ago that stainless isn't the best, as it cracks easily when it cools down.
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 4k extractors and engine mod parts.... Thu, 14 October 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kind of price can I expect to pay for for a cam?

cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 4k extractors and engine mod parts.... Thu, 14 October 2004 00:14 Go to previous message
PM sent
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: AW11 gear selector cable
Next Topic:WNTD inlet and exhaust manifold flanges for 20v head
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:00:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057210922241211 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.