Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Low Idle, Pause, and Stalling Help?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sweathers
Regular

May 2002

Low Idle, Pause, and Stalling Help? Mon, 14 October 2002 09:18 Go to next message
Thanks for clicking,
I thought id put it to the more knowledgable sorts a few problems im having.

1/ The car idles at about 520, ive adjusted this up, but in 2 weeks its gone back down. Any idea? This is after its warmed up.

2/ When giving it a abit of a push in 1st or 2nd, it pauses for almost 2 seconds, before lurching forward. Hmmm?

3/ Because the car idles so low, occasionally i catch it swaying between 300-500, on the verge of stalling. Strange. Thoughts?

Methinks the points are in the wrong order...Apologies.

sweathers
  Send a private message to this user    
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: Low Idle, Pause, and Stalling Help? Mon, 14 October 2002 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What car/ engine?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Low Idle, Pause, and Stalling Help? Mon, 14 October 2002 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check for leaks betweek the AFM and the engine, as well as a faulty AFM
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Low Idle, Pause, and Stalling Help? Tue, 15 October 2002 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 18R-C does the same, but in all gears. I put my foot down and it hesitates for about 2 seconds then launches.

I've adjusted the idel on it plenty of times but it just wont idel under 1000 which is a real pain in the ass. Everytime I go to slow down to a stop I have to rev the car to prevent it from stalling. Confused

Any ideas would be great too.
sweathers
Regular

May 2002

Re: Low Idle, Pause, and Stalling Help? Tue, 15 October 2002 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apologies, i should have made mention
Its a ST162 Celica, 3SGE jobbie...
Thing is, its only happened recently.
What makes it worse, is i found it had almost zero oil on the weekend.
Shamefull i know...

jimbo
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Low Idle, Pause, and Stalling Help? Tue, 15 October 2002 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celica chick, check your points for wear and most likely replace anyway only $10 or something like that, but it is probably a leaking inleat/exhaust gasket, 18r's are bad when it comes to the gaskets.
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Low Idle, Pause, and Stalling Help? Tue, 15 October 2002 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I regulary do services on my car, I've changed the points plenty of times and I replaced the manifold gasket back in January. The timing changes have been replaced I regulary clean my spark plugs, my ignition coil has been replaced. Could it be the leads? Confused

It's a lot worse when it's cold. Like I'll be trying to turn out of my road and it'a a blind corner so you have to put your foot down but my car just chugs then after a few seconds really accelerates. I've had a few close calls. Shocked
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Low Idle, Pause, and Stalling Help? Fri, 18 October 2002 05:04 Go to previous message
I'm running out of things to replace on my car so I'm running out of ideas to why it does it.

I had a compression test done on it at the start of the year and since we've got all the cylinders working properly it's been a little better but not much.

I've got the engine appart on it all at the moment so any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks Surprised
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Weird rattling/tapping noise on start-up
Next Topic:4A-FC
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 11:24:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.044867038726807 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.