Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
8t6panda
Regular

May 2004
zaust size for gze 86 Mon, 11 October 2004 07:15 Go to next message
i know this topic has been coverd b4 so dnt reply if ur angry that i made another topic,the reson is is that i ddnt really get much out of the other ones.

im getting a manifold back exaust on thursday and iv got a decision to make

quotes are 2 1/2 or 2 1/4 madrel bent for $450
or
2 1/2 press bent for $260

1st question . wats better for the gze 2 1/2 or 2 1/4
2nd . if i get 2 1/2 press bent will the flow equal to around the same as a 2 1/4 mandrel.cos this would be a much cheaper option $200 cheaper.

anyways any input would be greatlly apreciated
cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: zaust size for gze 86 Mon, 11 October 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2.5inch is what i put on my GZE mr2, BUT it had a big muffler and a hot dog on the end and it was still as loud as a pig! so be prepared for a loud exhaust!
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: zaust size for gze 86 Mon, 11 October 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My ZE in my ae86 is pretty stock saves for I/C and exhaust..i have a 2.25" mandrel exhaust with TRD copy hp coated extractors..my RWKW seem to be a bit higher than most other gze powered 86's so i geuss that it's the way to go..and yes i still have a cat..(high flow ofcourse) 2.5 i have heard is stupidly loud and not neccisary...
8t6panda
Regular

May 2004
Re: zaust size for gze 86 Mon, 11 October 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my cars prity much stoke cept for front mount intercooler.
will it lose much boost

im planning on putting more boost through it so i think the 2 1/2 is the way to go

oh yeah will there be enof clearance to go under chassiy cos its got thoes really nasty bends in it wich will reduce flow and prolly cost more.

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: zaust size for gze 86 Mon, 11 October 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get some extractors and then from the extractors back you can run pretty much a straight pipe all the way to the back by going under the diff
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: zaust size for gze 86 Mon, 11 October 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
straight pipe and under the diff wasn't an option for me..coilovers and my car = low! scrapey scrapey..i have 6 bends in mine..none very harsh and it goes over the diff..
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: zaust size for gze 86 Mon, 11 October 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the lower the better for under the diff exhausts
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: zaust size for gze 86 Mon, 11 October 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'Lose boost' - well that would have to be an advantage, remember 'boost' is only restriction Shocked

But yes, 4AGZE's tend to be loud, horrible sounding things, especially with a cheap exhaust Very Happy
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: zaust size for gze 86 Tue, 12 October 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the gf says the 4agze sounds like a isuzu truck, probably doesn't help that it has a few leaks in it.
Stupid exhaust monkeys, pay for something to be done, and it leaks, dumb shits.

my system, ant k extractors 4-1 then some funky leaky joiny pipe to a proper 2.25 staight through muffler, then exiting out under the diff via a 4.5 CANNON. Gotta have rice Embarassed

All 4ag motors are loud if you open up the exhaust, fact of life

dodgydan
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: zaust size for gze 86 Tue, 12 October 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i run a 2/1/2 press bend from extractors back, with cat, resonator and cannon muffler. The thing is stupidly loud, actually thats an understatement, it's bassy and sounds like GZEEEEE... Very Happy

I had a 2/1/4 zorst before that with shitty magnaflow muffler which was ratty as shit, so restrictive. The drive out of the exhaust shop was one of the most memorable!

Sizing is not a big issue, rather bends and material is.
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: zaust size for gze 86 Tue, 12 October 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is a zaust haha Laughing

I thought that term was only used on honda forums
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: zaust size for gze 86 Tue, 12 October 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ta2272 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 17:16

what is a zaust haha Laughing

I thought that term was only used on honda forums

thats 'zorst Razz
8t6panda
Regular

May 2004
Re: zaust size for gze 86 Tue, 12 October 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be running a vn cat and nemeisis cannon.i dnt really mind if its loud cos anythings better then hereing the fan when reving.i mean it cant be any louder then my neighbours civic with 2 1/2 on a sohc nonvtech
8t6panda
Regular

May 2004
Re: zaust size for gze 86 Tue, 12 October 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

my system, ant k extractors 4-1 then some funky leaky joiny pipe to a proper 2.25 staight through muffler, then exiting out under the diff via a 4.5 CANNON. Gotta have rice

Quote:

the lower the better for under the diff exhausts

for going under the diff will it scrap badly or is it drivable
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: zaust size for gze 86 Tue, 12 October 2004 08:55 Go to previous message
mine doesnt scrap at all and its quite low
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ke 70 gearbox with a 4ac?
Next Topic:ST141 Vacuum Lines
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 09:18:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062088966369629 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.