Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!! Fri, 08 October 2004 09:16 Go to next message
Ermm i'm just checking something...

I got my licence in August 2003,
I unfortunately got a speeding fine in february 2004. I'm just wondering, as a P plater, do i get 3 points after a year of DRIVING or is it from a year off the last ticket??

I'm just a bit unsure about getting dicked by a camera, i am sure i got flashed but i don't know what speed. it was a 60 zone i didn't think it was much but it was really hard to tell as it was quite hilly.....

Anyway to find out earlier...

Thanx for your help Toymods!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!! Fri, 08 October 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pretty sure it's a year from your last infringement. The way the word it (in Qld at least) is so that you cannot lose more than 4 points in any given 12 month period on your p's.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!! Fri, 08 October 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toy Yoda wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 21:40

Pretty sure it's a year from your last infringement. The way the word it (in Qld at least) is so that you cannot lose more than 4 points in any given 12 month period on your p's.

Yerp that's how it works in QLD
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!! Sat, 09 October 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hope this helps

link

think you'll be ok mate, just try not to lose 2 more, else you'll lose your license Shocked Shocked

Cheers
Huy
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!! Sun, 10 October 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takes 3 years to get ya points back Confused im still waiting for mine, alsmot been 3yrs tho.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!! Mon, 11 October 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takes one year to get your 5 points back in victoria (p platers)

takes 3 to get your12 back if you have a full licence Surprised
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!! Mon, 11 October 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I lost all my points on my P's, u just go to court and they give it back Smile
so dont panic Smile
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!! Mon, 11 October 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got done for 4 points on my Ps few months back i dont wanna lose my license so i decided to take it to court to be heard but wait till i had my green Ps therefore i would have 7 points they set my court date 4 next tues but im gettin it adjourned cos my hsc till next january when i will have my greens so ill go to court i wont win cos the offecne and stuff but ill lose 4 points pay the fine and keep my license Very Happy and yeh i beat the piggers
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!! Mon, 11 October 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorrs wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 23:38

i got done for 4 points on my Ps few months back i dont wanna lose my license so i decided to take it to court to be heard but wait till i had my green Ps therefore i would have 7 points they set my court date 4 next tues but im gettin it adjourned cos my hsc till next january when i will have my greens so ill go to court i wont win cos the offecne and stuff but ill lose 4 points pay the fine and keep my license Very Happy and yeh i beat the piggers

it will be taken back to the offence date champ so if you were entitled to a ban you will have to serve it.but if the incopentance of the RTA and the court system is the same as it was when i went through you might get lucky...
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!! Mon, 11 October 2004 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 23:48

Jorrs wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 23:38

it will be taken back to the offence date champ so if you were entitled to a ban you will have to serve it.but if the incopentance of the RTA and the court system is the same as it was when i went through you might get lucky...

I think he's saying as a Red P Plater you get 3 points and he lost 4.
So he's going to face court as a GREEN P Plater and have 6 points so he can lose the 4 and still have a license.
However they might wait on the court case before they give you a new license? I'm not sure.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: demerit points questions.. REALLY URGENT PLEASE!!! Mon, 11 October 2004 16:28 Go to previous message
"Refusal of a licence
The RTA may refuse to renew the licence of drivers who have exceeded their demerit points limit or have committed a serious speeding offence. The periods that a licence may be refused for are the same as those that apply for suspensions."
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Awesome cars in NZ
Next Topic:ae86 sales brochures?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 04:28:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069010257720947 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.