Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:13 Go to next message
I have an AE-86 and I want to fit some BBS BMW wheels which are 5 stud, these have the same PCD as a Holden. ANyway is there is commodor disk that goes on one of the toyota axels? or how much does it cost to re-drill disks?
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Older Commodore hubs will fit onto the larger (not AE86) Toyota stub. The easiest way to get these into your AE86 is with RA40 struts, then you can fit Commodore hubs easily (same bearings). You'll need to make caliper brackets then, and find suitable calipers. This will also change your offset (widen the track). On the rear, you'll need to alter the axles, otherwise use it as an excuse to do a diff conversion Very Happy
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Mike, so is there a readily available Commodor 280mm vented disk? I would like to use my MK2 Supra Calapers on them. If I dont end up doing this I will probably sell the wheels off, I have no idea where but yeah.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MA61 calipers? Yeasch, aim for something a little bit more exciting!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah, and on rotors, DBA017, =VN V8, 290mm, that might be a good starting point. DBA015 =VN V6, =270mm, another cheap option if you really want it that small..
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will look into it, I just happen to have some VN disks laying around that I can use to check for sizing. I will have a look to se how well they fit on my Celica struts.

So whats it cost to get a disk redrilled anyway?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends if it's just a simple redrill, of if more effort has got to be put into changing the stud pattern on the hubs themselves, and if that's even possible. Redrilling AE86 hubs to 5 stud isn't really going to happen..
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I'm not mistaken BMWs are 120 and GMs are 120.7 (so are Jaguars by the way). Holden being GM may give you problems on using BMW wheels.

Try finding hubs from a 1980 BMW 528i they use the same bearings as most rear wheel drive Toyotas. Might be hard to find now, but you may get lucky.

Just remember though that just because the bearings are the same the hubs may still not fit. It all depends on the spindle length and bearing seperation. I noticed when trying some hubs that shims were needed with the bearing races.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright that settles it, I will sell the wheels, any ideas where I can sell them? any BMW forums anywhere?

thanks for the help anyway guys

so what about redrilling diff axels for my diff conversion, any cost estimates on that?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think Barry from Trans-Diff charges $100 to fill, drill and machine axles - call him and see, I suppose!

As for the wheels, I have seen BMW wheels on commodores, but having never tried it myself, I can't say.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The yobbos turn posh eh?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsdeo wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 23:52

If I'm not mistaken BMWs are 120 and GMs are 120.7 (so are Jaguars by the way). Holden being GM may give you problems on using BMW wheels.

GMH stud pattern in Oz is listed as 5 x 120.

Only way to confoirm is to measure and check that they fit. As far as i am aware, BMW wheels fit on a Holden stub, but still check to be 100%

Cheers

Michael B
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Commodor 5 stud pattern for an AE-86 Mon, 11 October 2004 22:46 Go to previous message
if you have a spare $500 ring cowie engineering here in SA they can make a bolt on 5 stud conversion kit for your little haichi, there was a guy selling them on nissansilvia.com a little while back and they are just bolt on 30mm spacers that have five bolts coming out of them, so not only do you get the wider track but you also can fit your five stud wheels, and if you get defected they will come straight off Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Changing the Gear stick
Next Topic:3SG Carbies
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 08:45:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078299045562744 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.